Help!! Viper Remote Start and Comfort Closure.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 05:26 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Help!! Viper Remote Start and Comfort Closure.

Have a quick question for you guys.
I have an MDX 2012 Tech Package, and just yesterday i got a Viper 5704 Remote Start installed. in addition to this, i also got the GPS SmartStart VSM250 and iDatalink ADS-AL-CA bypass module installed.

The installer did a fine job, but could not hook up the Comfort Closure to work through the remote starter. I think its my fault as i gave him an impression that the windows can be rolled up and down including the moon roof with just connecting the wires at the module level below the dashboard. However he kept insisting that he will have to go the door route by pulling out the door panels and get to the door lock. He told me its addl labour job.

Is it true? Has anyone with the same bypass module got their comfort closure to work? Did your installer also go the door route at the door lock by the drivers side?
I posted a msg on idatalinks forum, and the moderators say the same.. that the wires needs to be attached at the door lock.
They mentioned.
When wired directly to the door lock wires in the drivers door the comfort closure will control the windows.
Or is there something else that i am missing??

Last edited by MANswers; 10-05-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:52 PM
Intermediate

Still looking for this.. any help guys? Why is this forum dead?
Old 10-12-2012, 01:06 PM
north of the border!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
he is completely right.. the trigger wire is in the key hole sensor behing the handle.. thats the only way to trigger all 4 windows and sunroof to close at once..
Old 10-24-2012, 06:08 PM
Intermediate

I got this done, everything that i wanted between the remote starter and the MDX to work has been inculcated.
It took me days of research, and two different dealers to get this done. The previous installer did a very messy job with the basic remote start installation, and was about to damage the electronics section of the car. Stay away from non-viper dealers.

Ayways i managed to find another installer who was also a viper dealer, and charged me way less compared to the other dealers, and knew how comfort closure worked.

I will add a video demoing the functions in a day or two.
I went with the Viper 5704 with the SmartStart GPS VSM250, along with iDatalink ADS-AL-CA immobilizer bypass module.

Got the windows roll up and roll down working with the Comfort Closure feature.
The windows and sunroof rolls up automatically when i arm the vehicle *idea was that at times i forget to roll up the window or close the sunroof after getting off the vehicle, thus leaving the car open to rain/snow and thieves*. With the Comfort Closure feature, the windows will automatically roll up and shutdown the moonroof as well when i get off the vehicle and arm the mdx. *Sigh!! Peace of mind*
The installer made sure that the windows dont automatically roll down when the car is unarmed (some people complained about this with comfort closure).
I can unroll the windows down at will with the push of fun + Aux + Fun + Aux.
And roll up the window when i arm the car.
No window modules required, no KPT required. Just the inbult comfort closure feature of MDX works like a charm with the VIPER.
Anyone reading this thread, in the near future to come, remember for an MDX, you dont need a DEI module, or KPT, neither does the window auto roll down when disarming. If done properly.. it should work like a charm.
The installer had to just open only one door panel (the driver side), to hardwire the door lock directly to the vipers brain.

The petrol tank cap is also hooked up on the second aux channel, so now i can pop up the pertol cap by just by pushing the function button twice.

Trunk release has been hardwired as well using a relay, pushing the aux button and holding it for 2 seconds opens the trunk as well.

Tach meter has been hardwired as well, i guess the bypass does not need you to... but its better to hardwire, as it can be done with minimum effort.. if the functions does not work properly, this can paralyze your ignition and heating/ac of the car in the long run.
Hence hardwiring is the best.

Hood pop alarm has been set, although MDX has this safety feature, but it was an added feature, and the installer did not mind adding without a cost.

All this can be done via my iPhone, through smart start, even if i am located miles away.
GPS to track the car, function that triggers the speed alert on the car if it goes beyond a certain predefined speed limit is good as well. You can set the radius in which the car will be moved in the city/state, and will trigger if it goes beyond through the smartstart.

Now i am researching a bit about having the viper integrated with the Garage door opener in the MDX. Would love to have this feature integrated, so as to open the garage door with the viper remote without having to go inside the car if on the drive way. Plus i can be alerted on the viper remote if the garage door is left opened by mistake.

Everything was done in 3 hrs.
If you are in or around chicago, and want to know about this installer PM me. He's is really good, highly technical and level headed.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:38 AM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Does smartstart allow you to turn off the car as well as remote start?

Lets say I turn on the remote start and decide I no longer want to get in the car, can I turn it off remotely?
The following users liked this post:
MANswers (11-06-2012)
Old 11-06-2012, 02:29 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tsxinva
Does smartstart allow you to turn off the car as well as remote start?

Lets say I turn on the remote start and decide I no longer want to get in the car, can I turn it off remotely?
Yes I can turn on or turn off the car via my cell phone thru smart start. There is no range limit, it's virtually unlimited. I was on vacation traveling Europe and was able to turn on my car for few mins and turn it off remotely every few days just to warm up the engine from London and the car was parked in my garage in Chicago.
tsxinva (11-06-2012)
Old 11-06-2012, 04:32 PM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by MANswers
Yes I can turn on or turn off the car via my cell phone thru smart start. There is no range limit, it's virtually unlimited. I was on vacation traveling Europe and was able to turn on my car for few mins and turn it off remotely every few days just to warm up the engine from London and the car was parked in my garage in Chicago.
Sounds like you got a great install. Too bad it was in Chicago and not in the DC area. I went to a bestbuy (I know I know) to ask them about it because they have it for $399 including installation. The installer basically told me my car is too new and it would mess with all the electronics of the car (2013 ILX Hybrid w/ Technology). Not sure if I should listen to him or look elsewhere.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:14 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tsxinva
Sounds like you got a great install. Too bad it was in Chicago and not in the DC area. I went to a bestbuy (I know I know) to ask them about it because they have it for $399 including installation. The installer basically told me my car is too new and it would mess with all the electronics of the car (2013 ILX Hybrid w/ Technology). Not sure if I should listen to him or look elsewhere.
Go remoteless, but dont go to bestbuy.
Look up vipers website and punch in your zip code to find all the remote installers in your state, start calling them all one by one.
Buy your hardware through ebay through a trusted seller *like i did*, and tell the installer that u have the hardware, all you need is the install.
They shouldnt charge you over 300 for everything.

At the end you will still be under the OEM remote install cost bracket with the best remote start in the world.
I got all done for less than 600 dollars. call a couple of installers in ur area, tell them you want comfort closure as in windows roll up when car is locked and armed, and roll down at will via punching a button.. if they know what you are talking about, you are in good hands.
Dont go to an installer who says that he can try.. or he hasnt done it before but knows how to do it.
I did that and got in trouble, finally i found an installer in chicago who has done it before and told me he can do it easy for my mdx.

Or just drive to chicago.. it aint that bad from DC.
tsxinva (11-07-2012)
Old 11-11-2012, 07:14 AM
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Guys, I have 2012 TL that has the same features. I did everything that was mentioned myself..

Old 11-13-2012, 01:53 PM
Intermediate

^That is good. Did you also inculcate the function to pop your gas cap with the remote?
Also does your window rollup with just lock/arm function... or u have to press additional buttons to roll up the window?
For me, i can roll down the window at will with the viper remote, and roll up the window with the lock/arm button.
Now trying to make the garage door rollup/down wiht the viper remote... wondering if the acura's inbult garage door function can be integrated with the remote or not.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:00 AM
6th Gear

I got this done, everything that i wanted between the remote starter and the MDX to work has been inculcated.
It took me days of research, and two different dealers to get this done. The previous installer did a very messy job with the basic remote start installation, and was about to damage the electronics section of the car. Stay away from non-viper dealers.

Ayways i managed to find another installer who was also a viper dealer, and charged me way less compared to the other dealers, and knew how comfort closure worked.

I will add a video demoing the functions in a day or two.
I went with the Viper 5704 with the SmartStart GPS VSM250, along with iDatalink ADS-AL-CA immobilizer bypass module.

Got the windows roll up and roll down working with the Comfort Closure feature.
The windows and sunroof rolls up automatically when i arm the vehicle *idea was that at times i forget to roll up the window or close the sunroof after getting off the vehicle, thus leaving the car open to rain/snow and thieves*. With the Comfort Closure feature, the windows will automatically roll up and shutdown the moonroof as well when i get off the vehicle and arm the mdx. *Sigh!! Peace of mind*
The installer made sure that the windows dont automatically roll down when the car is unarmed (some people complained about this with comfort closure).
I can unroll the windows down at will with the push of fun + Aux + Fun + Aux.
And roll up the window when i arm the car.
No window modules required, no KPT required. Just the inbult comfort closure feature of MDX works like a charm with the VIPER.
Anyone reading this thread, in the near future to come, remember for an MDX, you dont need a DEI module, or KPT, neither does the window auto roll down when disarming. If done properly.. it should work like a charm.
The installer had to just open only one door panel (the driver side), to hardwire the door lock directly to the vipers brain.

The petrol tank cap is also hooked up on the second aux channel, so now i can pop up the pertol cap by just by pushing the function button twice.

Trunk release has been hardwired as well using a relay, pushing the aux button and holding it for 2 seconds opens the trunk as well.

Tach meter has been hardwired as well, i guess the bypass does not need you to... but its better to hardwire, as it can be done with minimum effort.. if the functions does not work properly, this can paralyze your ignition and heating/ac of the car in the long run.
Hence hardwiring is the best.

Hood pop alarm has been set, although MDX has this safety feature, but it was an added feature, and the installer did not mind adding without a cost.

All this can be done via my iPhone, through smart start, even if i am located miles away.
GPS to track the car, function that triggers the speed alert on the car if it goes beyond a certain predefined speed limit is good as well. You can set the radius in which the car will be moved in the city/state, and will trigger if it goes beyond through the smartstart.

Now i am researching a bit about having the viper integrated with the Garage door opener in the MDX. Would love to have this feature integrated, so as to open the garage door with the viper remote without having to go inside the car if on the drive way. Plus i can be alerted on the viper remote if the garage door is left opened by mistake.

Everything was done in 3 hrs.
If you are in or around chicago, and want to know about this installer PM me. He's is really good, highly technical and level headed.
Great info, could you provide the info on the install shop? I am really interested in getting this done for my TL. THANKS!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:57 PM
6th Gear

Smile

Could you please provide the installer info? I tried to PM you but it did not work. Thanks!
Old 11-04-2013, 08:55 PM
5th Gear

Could you please provide the installer info? I can't PM yet as I am new to this site. David
Old 11-22-2013, 05:36 PM
Intermediate

I sent you info both earlier. I hope you got it on time.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:30 PM
1st Gear

Installer

Hey MANswers - just making sure you got my PM, so reposting here. What installer did you end up using in Chicago? Thanks again!
Old 02-23-2015, 09:03 PM
Intermediate

I've been getting a lot of questions about the comfort closure feature, and the installer details who did this for me in chicago.
I am sorry for the delay, i am not very active on this forum, but here is the detail.

I was able to get my smartstart installed by a fantastic installer who is a geek and will replenish your demands as you want. most of the installers do not understand and will cut you out if you ask for more. Viper installers are dumb. but this guy is fantastic, is a viper authorised dealer and knows his job. Reach out to Armando Sound in Chicago.. (773) 866-9700 his name is Mohammad, Tell him that you want smart start installed just the way he did for Monu (thats my name) Acura MDX, also that i got the dashcam installed through him. i had made a very specific request to him, and many people went to him after that.. with the same thing.

But here is what ideally you should do before going to Armando sound.
Dont buy the Remote Starter from any of the viper dealer, you will end up paying twice the cost.
Buy it from Ebay. You can get a brand new viper 5704 on ebay, for less than 190 dollars or so. You will also need a bypass kit, for the MDX this is the best
iDatalink ADS-AL CA (look up ebay should be less than 55 dollars).
For the Lexus, u gotta check on the lexus forum to see what others recommend. But Get the Viper 5704 its an amazing starter. I also have a smart start VSM250 or DSM250 got that from ebay cheap as well. Its great if you want to control your car through a smart phone. I use it a lot, when i am in the train commuting back home from Chicago, and I can start my car using my phone two stations before i reach my home station.

Be smart, dont buy everything the installer sells, you, better buy stuff and take it to him.
And do get yourself ComfortClosure Installed as well.
This way your windows will roll up when you leave your car and forget to unwind your windows. you can also ask him to have your trunk pop up and your gas tank as well using your remote starter. I did all that as well.