2012 MDX Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 04:34 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any good prices on the 2012 MDX w/ Advance Package?
Old 09-07-2012, 08:58 PM
5th Gear

Just bought a 2012 MDX w/Tech for $39600 +TTL. I was quoted $44500 on the Advance. DFW dealers still have a lot of inventory to move. They are very competitive.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:59 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by TLtrigirl
water rockets- congrats on your new ride!

glad it all worked out in the end.

first thing...read the OM...know the maintenance schedule, yes the MID is accurate and you should follow it. there are other "tricks" in how to ask for services to be performed on your newly acquired acura...oh wait...you own a TSX...you know this stuff already. nvm. have fun and enjoy the MDX....she's a beast in corners and very comfy for road trips!
My wife and I are considering purchasing a 2011 certified base MDX that was a dealer loaner. Vehicle has 14k miles. Asking price is $35k which they won't budge on.

Thoughts on this vehicle versus a new base 2012? Obviously as a CPO the warranty is extended 12/12.

TL - what are some of the "tricks" you're talking about?

Last edited by desmonsm; 09-09-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:57 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
^^personally i would not consider purchasing a loaner. think rental car.

as for a 2011 vs a 2012...i'd pay a little extra and get the 12 with no miles and no prior abuse history (alleged). i'm a little more anal than most (then again may of us on here are).

the "tricks"...when taking your vehicle in for service...know your car. know the maintenance codes and exactly what your car needs. an "A" service is an oil change. if you say A service to the adviser they charge you $120. however if you say oil change they charge you $40. semantics. for the "2" (filter change), buy the filter ($40 for the pair) and DIY the swap. otherwise...it'll be like $160 for the dealer to do it. yes they charge an hour of labor to do both. it takes maybe 5-10 min max if you have alittle bit of know how. there are other items, but it depends on how handy one is with tools and knowing what to do. again semantics. the other thing is to look for dealer coupons for service and making nice nice with them. use the same adviser. build the relationship, and they will be more willing to help you out should things happen with your car. some may say "screw the dealer"...well some of us don't have that luxury nor the appropriate know how or want to hassle with DIY car maintenance. certain things are easy DIY's...other things are really better off in the hands of guys that know (hopefully) how your car ticks.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:17 PM
Cruisin'

^^personally i would not consider purchasing a loaner. think rental car.

as for a 2011 vs a 2012...i'd pay a little extra and get the 12 with no miles and no prior abuse history (alleged). i'm a little more anal than most (then again may of us on here are).

the "tricks"...when taking your vehicle in for service...know your car. know the maintenance codes and exactly what your car needs. an "A" service is an oil change. if you say A service to the adviser they charge you $120. however if you say oil change they charge you $40. semantics. for the "2" (filter change), buy the filter ($40 for the pair) and DIY the swap. otherwise...it'll be like $160 for the dealer to do it. yes they charge an hour of labor to do both. it takes maybe 5-10 min max if you have alittle bit of know how. there are other items, but it depends on how handy one is with tools and knowing what to do. again semantics. the other thing is to look for dealer coupons for service and making nice nice with them. use the same adviser. build the relationship, and they will be more willing to help you out should things happen with your car. some may say "screw the dealer"...well some of us don't have that luxury nor the appropriate know how or want to hassle with DIY car maintenance. certain things are easy DIY's...other things are really better off in the hands of guys that know (hopefully) how your car ticks.
Thanks TL!

I've read through this thread but haven't seen much info on base models. TrueCar, for what it's worth, is indicating a target price of $39k for a base 2012. What does everyone here think the target should be? It seems others are getting Tech's for not much more than 39, but I'm not in the NoVA/DC area so the great prices there probably wouldn't fly here in the southwest.

Thanks again.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:15 PM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by desmonsm
Thanks TL!

I've read through this thread but haven't seen much info on base models. TrueCar, for what it's worth, is indicating a target price of $39k for a base 2012. What does everyone here think the target should be? It seems others are getting Tech's for not much more than 39, but I'm not in the NoVA/DC area so the great prices there probably wouldn't fly here in the southwest.

Thanks again.
$37k
Old 09-09-2012, 07:56 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

^^$37k seems to be a fair offering for the '12 base (well, clearance price of sorts) esp if the tech is going for 39 and change.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:46 PM
Cruisin'

^^$37k seems to be a fair offering for the '12 base (well, clearance price of sorts) esp if the tech is going for 39 and change.
Got 2 quotes so far...38.9k and 38k (+TTL) for a new 2012 base model.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:58 PM
Advanced

Got 2 quotes so far...38.9k and 38k (+TTL) for a new 2012 base model.
You can always buy from VA/MD and have it shipped to you. Not without risk and probably would save only $500-1000, but it is an option.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:55 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

desmon-have you tried the dealers in DFW, TX? i hear they are willing to deal similar to the DC area dealers. you mentioned SW so i would guess you're in AZ or NM. TX would be closer. or you could always fly out to DC and drive the car back. it's only a 2 day drive. nice way to bond with a new ride.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:46 PM
Cruisin'

desmon-have you tried the dealers in DFW, TX? i hear they are willing to deal similar to the DC area dealers. you mentioned SW so i would guess you're in AZ or NM. TX would be closer. or you could always fly out to DC and drive the car back. it's only a 2 day drive. nice way to bond with a new ride.
I haven't reached-out to dealers in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, but have contacted ones in NM, CO, AZ and El Paso though. I'll see how interested these folks are in making a sale and if nothing comes of it I'll expand my search. Thanks for the suggestion.

Is the $37k suggestion OTD or what?

Last edited by desmonsm; 09-11-2012 at 07:48 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:16 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
^
That would be before TTL.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:40 PM
Advanced

Is the $37k suggestion OTD or what?
+ TTL (meaning $200-400 in fees + your home state tax rate).
Old 09-13-2012, 07:51 AM
9th Gear

First time Acura buyer here in the DC/MD/VA area... Looking to buy an 2012 or 2013 MDX w/ tech package. I will buy new or used, just want to get the most bang for my buck... I don't see any huge differences between the 2013 and 12 model, so I don't mind buying a low mileage 12 model. Any suggestions? (dealerships, sales people, etc that can give me the best deal?). I see some posters have bought the same model with a sub 40k price... Thx!
Old 09-13-2012, 07:57 AM
Advanced

You can get a brand new 2012 in your area under $39k, sounds like the final price may depend on your color choice (white are scarce). E-mail all of the dealers within a 2-3 hour drive and I think you'll get some great offers. The internet salespeople are much better to work with than those working in the showroom.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:08 AM
9th Gear

I'm looking to get a black ext and black int... Only add ons would be a roof rack and side steps... So you recommend dealing through the Internet vs. in person huh?
Old 09-13-2012, 09:28 AM
2007 Acura TL

Just paid $40K + TTL for a 2012 Tech Polished Metal Metallic w/ Black Leather. Had to drive a bit to get the color the wife wanted, but it was worth it. If I had not been stupid and had checked Edmunds, would have paid closer to $39 - $39.5K as I was eligible for the $1,000 Acura Loyalty cash...
Old 09-13-2012, 09:33 AM
9th Gear

Also regarding the loyalty program... If my roommate just bought a used 2009 RL. Would I be eligible for the loyalty discount since we share the same address?
Old 09-13-2012, 12:05 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bbarryau
I'm looking to get a black ext and black int... Only add ons would be a roof rack and side steps... So you recommend dealing through the Internet vs. in person huh?
Absolutely. In person will get you nowhere but frustrated. The internet sales managers generally care about volume of sales vs. profit on each unit. Consider buying the rails and steps afterward as well. There are several sites that sell Acura OEM parts at nice discounts from dealer prices.
The following users liked this post:
Bbarryau (09-13-2012)
Old 09-13-2012, 12:07 PM
Advanced

Also regarding the loyalty program... If my roommate just bought a used 2009 RL. Would I be eligible for the loyalty discount since we share the same address?
I would think so... as long as the RL is registered to that address (find any sort of proof like insurance card or registration receipt that has the RL listed at that address).
Bbarryau (09-13-2012)
Old 09-13-2012, 12:49 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

First time Acura buyer here in the DC/MD/VA area... Looking to buy an 2012 or 2013 MDX w/ tech package. I will buy new or used, just want to get the most bang for my buck... I don't see any huge differences between the 2013 and 12 model, so I don't mind buying a low mileage 12 model. Any suggestions? (dealerships, sales people, etc that can give me the best deal?). I see some posters have bought the same model with a sub 40k price... Thx!
you have noob status so no more space in your mailbox.

pohanka acura in chantilly. yes deal with the internet sales people, much easier. my sales guy moved to FL and is working at an acura dealer there. i know the GM of the dealer. let him know i sent you. they are the "world's largest acura dealer" for a reason (this is based on new car sales). if you live int he area...their service dept is pretty good too. thankfully i know all the veterans in that dept.

black on black should be easy to find. get a new 12. pricing will be the same on a slighty used one with <10k mi.
Bbarryau (09-13-2012)
Old 09-13-2012, 12:56 PM
9th Gear

travel to DC (it's 4 hrs and over $2k in savings....might be worth it). i know dealers that are selling MDX with tech for 39XXX. there are better deals to be had. several folks here have purchased for 39XXX in FL and the DC area. i think there was someone also in cali bay area that was in the same price neighborhood as well.
you have noob status so no more space in your mailbox.

pohanka acura in chantilly. yes deal with the internet sales people, much easier. my sales guy moved to FL and is working at an acura dealer there. i know the GM of the dealer. let him know i sent you. they are the "world's largest acura dealer" for a reason (this is based on new car sales). if you live int he area...their service dept is pretty good too. thankfully i know all the veterans in that dept.

black on black should be easy to find. get a new 12. pricing will be the same on a slighty used one with <10k mi.
Thanks so much for your help guys.!!! I just erased my inbox messages so feel free to PM me... Who should I tell him sent me? I'm got young kim online just now... Didn't give me the warm & fuzzies lol.. Any specific sales person I should be dealing with and how much should I expect to pay for the car? Sorry for the million questions guys
Old 09-13-2012, 01:01 PM
9th Gear

Here's my email... Bbarryau@gmail.com
Old 09-13-2012, 01:03 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Thanks so much for your help guys.!!! I just erased my inbox messages so feel free to PM me... Who should I tell him sent me? I'm got young kim online just now... Didn't give me the warm & fuzzies lol.. Any specific sales person I should be dealing with and how much should I expect to pay for the car? Sorry for the million questions guys
sounds like one of the new sales guys. after i got blwon off by a couple of other salesman there i spoke with the GM directly and he hooked me up with my sales guy who has since moved. keep your price to yourself and see what you can get out of them. honestly anything uder 40k is a great price. if you speak with the GM directly he'll know me. a lot of the sales people don't know me. some have seen me. i'll send you a PM with a sales person's name.
Bbarryau (09-13-2012)
Old 09-13-2012, 04:23 PM
9th Gear

Unhappy

sounds like one of the new sales guys. after i got blwon off by a couple of other salesman there i spoke with the GM directly and he hooked me up with my sales guy who has since moved. keep your price to yourself and see what you can get out of them. honestly anything uder 40k is a great price. if you speak with the GM directly he'll know me. a lot of the sales people don't know me. some have seen me. i'll send you a PM with a sales person's name.
Unfortunately I missed out on the sub 40k pricing..l just spoke with phong who Sid the best th could do was 42k which is way higher than my other quotes
Old 09-13-2012, 07:47 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

^^be patient....they might come back with something. they aren't going to give you the hot cake price first. plus it's still early in the month. end of the quarter is the end of this month...they might be willing to deal. did you counter with other quotes from the other dealers?
Old 09-13-2012, 09:20 PM
9th Gear

Not yet.. Acura dealer in falls church came in at 40k w/o taxes, title, etc and dealer in Ellicott City offered a little over 40k... I'm still trying to get under that...
Old 09-14-2012, 07:43 PM
Advanced

Is that with the loyalty discount? It would be surprising to see the prices going up unless supply has dwindled that far.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:22 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Wait until the end of the month...counter pohanka with radley's quote...they will match. I'm surprised you weren't hassled by radley.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:55 AM
Cruisin'

Wait until the end of the month...counter pohanka with radley's quote...they will match. I'm surprised you weren't hassled by radley.
I'm getting close to purchasing a new 2012 base-model. I'm getting close to the price you all suggested earlier - thanks for your help!

I have a question about taxes, and this might vary state-to-state. If I were to purchase a vehicle in a state other than the one in which I reside, do I pay my home state's tax or the tax of the state the vehicle was purchased in?

Thanks!
Old 09-15-2012, 10:01 AM
2006 TL: WDP/Ebony

Received 120 Likes on 119 Posts
^ You will have to pay the taxes in the state that the vehicle will be registered in, in your case your home state.. I just went thru this process.. purchased in VA and paid NY taxes. GL
Old 09-15-2012, 03:57 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by omnuts
^ You will have to pay the taxes in the state that the vehicle will be registered in, in your case your home state.. I just went thru this process.. purchased in VA and paid NY taxes. GL
Thanks. Did you pay the taxes when you purchased the vehicle, or did you wait until you returned home and when you registered the vehicle there you also paid the taxed due?
Old 09-15-2012, 07:37 PM
Cruisin'

Thanks. Did you pay the taxes when you purchased the vehicle, or did you wait until you returned home and when you registered the vehicle there you also paid the taxed due?
I forgot to ask....is the loyalty offer still going on with an MDX purchase? I can't seem to find it on Edmunds, and on Acura's website it only mentions the loyalty offer with the purchase of a TL.
Thanks.
Old 09-16-2012, 02:33 PM
2006 TL: WDP/Ebony

Received 120 Likes on 119 Posts
All DMV transactions were handled by the dealer.. so I didn't have to do anything except get NY inspection. My tags will be mailed to me.

I forgot to ask....is the loyalty offer still going on with an MDX purchase? I can't seem to find it on Edmunds, and on Acura's website it only mentions the loyalty offer with the purchase of a TL.
Thanks.
I believe the loyalty offer has expired, may be they will offer it again later in the yr.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:22 PM
5th Gear

Thanks.
I received a quote on a MDX Base of $36,895 from a plano tx dealer.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:59 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by puloman
I received a quote on a MDX Base of $36,895 from a plano tx dealer.
Can you PM me the salesperson's email address. Thanks.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:23 AM
9th Gear

Yeah, I'm planning on going back in on Sat to finalize something. Tischer Acura in laurel offered me a little over 40k (before OTD) with 0% APR for the length of my term. So hopefully they can beat that once I'm ready to pull the trigger this weekend.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:46 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There is a $3000 dealer incentive now. Anyone know when that will expire?
Old 09-19-2012, 06:50 PM
Cruisin'

Finally got some good offers and pulled the trigger last night on a new 2012 base-model MDX. Got it for $38k otd (NM's tax rate on vehicle purchases is a low 3%). Palladium/Ebony.

I shopped the vehicle in 3 bordering states and about 10 dealers. In the end the closest of these 10 dealers had the best otd price. We put the down payment with a cc last night and will go to pick it up this weekend. Hopefully all goes well. They had to get the vehicle from another dealership about 90 miles away, so it will have about 100 miles on the odometer when we pick it up.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:16 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

^^congrats!

Quick Reply: 2012 MDX Pricing