Remote Not Working When Fully Snapped Together

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 04:50 PM
I Wanna Beer

Received 108 Likes on 88 Posts
Remote Not Working When Fully Snapped Together

Had to order a new remote casing from Amazon as my original broke around the keychain bit.

I can get the little light to come on if the case is 3/4 of the way snapped together but the second I snap it together all the way it won't function.

I've cleaned the contacts and tried everything I can think of to make sure the contacts are connecting. I can fully snap in one side or the other and it works fine but when you snap it together that last little bit just around the bottom or the top, it stops working. I've tried bending the contacts all different directions and it works fine until the second you snap it together fully.

Any ideas?
Old 08-10-2016, 02:11 PM
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
I bought the same one......it's gray. It'll work you just have to trim some of the interior structure. I've had mine for 6 months now and never an issue after I trimmed it.
Old 08-10-2016, 06:09 PM
I Wanna Beer

Received 108 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by coopcoop30
I bought the same one......it's gray. It'll work you just have to trim some of the interior structure. I've had mine for 6 months now and never an issue after I trimmed it.
Spot on. It wasn't the sides but the buttons. The trunk button had just a tiny bit of extra plastic that had to be cut off. Before doing so it was permanently depressed when the backing was snapped on. Removing just a millimeter of it was enough to make the remote function perfectly.

Thanks!