Zdx warranty repairs

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 02:37 PM
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts
Zdx warranty repairs

I was wondering what everyones warranty repairs are like so I decided to start this thread. Please list year mileage problem and if its fixed or not. I think this info will help to see if some problems are common and what we should anticipate breaking and happening.

Year: 2010
Mileage: 19000.00

Rear passenger window wouldn't go all the way down sometimes / They replaced rear window / fixed.

19" aspec chrome look rims peeling / replaced all four rims / fixed

button on rear headrest popped out / replaced / fixed

Engine surges on light acceleration / told to monitor the situation / on going

passenger tail light brake light bulb burnt out / replaced bulb / fixed

Moon roof creaks once or twice per drive / not reported to dealer / on going

Battery low warning came on once / not reported to dealer / waiting to see it again.

Please post your problems here so we have one spot to go to and see the issues we are facing are common.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:36 PM
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 12 Posts
Had the "Check Battery Sensor" MID message. TSB by Acura, fixed with no charge.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:15 PM
El Chulo...

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Lightbulb hot in here!

2011 ZDX with 3000k miles or so, since the day I bought the car the sun shades did not close. I had it taken in and they replaced the motor for the sun shade and viola! instant shade...
Old 11-10-2011, 04:38 AM
2010 ZDX Tech Black/Ebony

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Two items: sunshade wouldn't close; was repaired correctly after 3 failed attempts. Turn stalk for left/right turn signals wasn't working properly and was repaired.
Have the same sound from the roof reported above but no one has been able to figure out what it is; ongoing issue.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:08 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drivers side door speaker blew out, replaced.
Moonroof creak, on going...I wiggled one of the plastic components on when it was open and it makes a very similar sound...I think it might be expansion...still investigating.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:24 PM
Pro

Received 92 Likes on 66 Posts
A couple a weeks ago I had the car in for multiple things like:
My car has 26k miles

1. Low Battery light on all the for the past month or so. Fixed by replacing battery.

2. Something broke in the sunvisor, and I have a constant creek on normal drives like most others mention. They did not replace anything, I was told that a plastic piece came loose and they were able to put it back into place(this kind of pissed me off really) It still creeks but the visor is still working. I hope they can find a fix for this sunroof creek, its freakin annoying.

3. Im having issues with my front windows when I roll them down. It makes kind of a cheap clunking noise and it does not sound normal, they told me its normal.=

4. My headlights have faded to a point they looked about 10 years old. My guess it was from the car sitting in the arizona sun for so long at the dealer. They did not replace them, they wanted to buff them out to see if that would fix the problem. They did say if it ever happened again they would replace them, so I was ok with this.

5. I had two trim pieces on the outside of the car that started coming loose. The first one was the triangle shape piece below the rear fender that attaches to the running board. They replaced it and its good as new. The second piece was a window molding that was loose. They replaced and good as new.

6. On the inside of the driver rear door the weather stripping started coming loose, they were able to fix the issue.

This is honestly the most problems I have ever had with any Honda/Acura vehicle I have owned. In a way it makes me a little frustrated but they are little things and I hope the future with be issue free.

Last edited by mugen_kid; 12-16-2011 at 10:27 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:40 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by HAWAII-TSX
I was wondering what everyones warranty repairs are like so I decided to start this thread. Please list year mileage problem and if its fixed or not. I think this info will help to see if some problems are common and what we should anticipate breaking and happening.

Year: 2010
Mileage: 19000.00

Rear passenger window wouldn't go all the way down sometimes / They replaced rear window / fixed.

19" aspec chrome look rims peeling / replaced all four rims / fixed

button on rear headrest popped out / replaced / fixed

Engine surges on light acceleration / told to monitor the situation / on going

passenger tail light brake light bulb burnt out / replaced bulb / fixed

Moon roof creaks once or twice per drive / not reported to dealer / on going

Battery low warning came on once / not reported to dealer / waiting to see it again.

Please post your problems here so we have one spot to go to and see the issues we are facing are common.
21000 miles now

Engine surges on light acceleration / changed oil and updated computer mapping / fixed.

Battery low warning came on once / service manager told me a updatted computer mapping poped up as a recall to fix this / fixed
Old 05-09-2012, 06:35 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Had a CPO 2010 base since January. All has been fine except for the roof noise. I hear a clunk that sounds like glass is moving or scraping against metal. It's annoying.

Has anyone figured that out yet? Searched the forum and didn't find much on resolution.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:45 AM
Racer

On next visit for oil change noticed that my rear drivers side door courtesy light is broken. Changed build and still doesn't work. Weird cause the same thing happened to my 2010 tl and they had to replace a fuse board.