Enel X-Way is ceasing operations

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:29 AM
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Enel X-Way is ceasing operations

My Acura supplied home charger is from Enel X Way. They are now ceasing operations. From an email I just received:

Here’s what you need to know:
  • Residential charging hardware (JuiceBox) will maintain the physical operating ability to charge vehicles.
  • All Enel X Way software will be discontinued. Commercial charging stations will lose functionality in the absence of software continuity.
  • The Enel X Way App and all other Enel e-mobility apps in North America will be discontinued and removed from the App Store.
  • Enel X Way customer support is no longer available, effective immediately. Any Enel X Way related questions and claims should be directed to juiceboxnorthamerica.com.
  • The decision to close Enel X Way USA, LLC and related impacts do not apply to Enel X Way customers in other countries outside of the U.S. and Canada.
    Old Yesterday, 08:03 PM
    Burning Brakes

Received 406 Likes on 287 Posts
    The news caused quite a stir on FB, but a few said Honda would take care of owners with an announcement coming soon.

Acura could have done better about the various EV partnerships - only the EVgo one worked. It was obvious to me back then that this company was dumping its stock to Honda. Any money Honda saved would probably be lost after reimbursement or replacement.