2013 Acura ZDX LDW/FCW/BSM System Check

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 02:11 PM
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Exclamation 2013 Acura ZDX LDW/FCW/BSM System Check

Hi Guys

I was driving a month ago when LDW (Lane Departure Warning)/FCW (Front Collision Warning )/BSM (Blind Sport Monitoring) System Check lights came up and I went to the dealership and they said they couldn't see any error logs but they reset it and it was fine.

A few days later it came up again but half way to the dealership the warnings went away. It started happening everyday but would go away after a while but never were long enough for me to make it to the dealership.

One day I was able to get it to the dealership and show them what was going on. They replaced the sensors they thought were responsible for it and it wasn't fixed. They ordered another part which took two weeks and it wasn't fixed.

They decided to keep the car till it's fixed. I am driving a 2014 MDX now which they gave me till the issue is fixed. I spoke to them today and they still haven't been able to isolate the root cause of the problem.

They can't fix it if they don't know what's wrong and I get it but I am paying for it while it's sitting in service.

My fear is, if they can't fix it for any reason, they don't even make them anymore to offer me a replacement

MDX is nice but I LOVE MY CAR AND I WANT IT BACK!

Last edited by MyBlackBeauty; 11-19-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 164 Likes on 115 Posts
looks like u got a lemon. car has been having issues even before you got it.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:40 PM
Pro

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts
there are plenty of 2012 and 2013 leftovers so if you prefer another ZDX as a replacement I'm sure they will be happy to arrange it
Old 11-20-2013, 08:44 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sandro
there are plenty of 2012 and 2013 leftovers so if you prefer another ZDX as a replacement I'm sure they will be happy to arrange it
I LOVE my ZDX and I don't want anything but a ZDX for a replacement but it has to be a 2013 and the exact color combo that I have. I just hope they can fix whatever the issue is.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:44 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mondster
looks like u got a lemon. car has been having issues even before you got it.
Why do you say that?

I didn't have any other issues with it.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:08 AM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
First off, she's not a lemon with an issue such as this. It sounds like you are having a ground fault issue which would explain the intermittent nature of the problem. This is a real PITA to locate and correct. And to further exacerbate the issue is that everything electrical in our ZDX is somewhat connected to other items which also need to be investigated as they may actually be causing the problem.

But, it shouldn't take that long to sort. Hell, you can pull an entire wiring loom and investigate it in less than a day. My advice: If they can't get it sorted for you before the holiday, take it to another dealer, or at least threaten so.

Just curious, but they provided you with the MDX as a loaner for free right?
Old 11-28-2013, 10:39 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ironchef2009
But, it shouldn't take that long to sort. Hell, you can pull an entire wiring loom and investigate it in less than a day. My advice: If they can't get it sorted for you before the holiday, take it to another dealer, or at least threaten so.

Just curious, but they provided you with the MDX as a loaner for free right?
I dropped off my ZDX 2 weeks ago and today they told me it might take another 3 weeks for them to rule out everything and they are still not answering my question as to what will happen if they can't fix it. I asked the same question to Acura Customer Relations as well, and seems like they don't want to commit to anything.

Yes, the 2014 is a free loaner. My car is under warranty and if they have to keep my car for service, they HAVE to provide me with an alternate vehicle.

They first gave me an ILX, which I returned the following day. It's just a BAD CAR. The seats are so uncomfortable, I actually had a back pain.

They then tried to give me a Rav 4 rental which I also refused. THEN I got the MDX.

They should ALWAYS provide the customer with a vehicle that's of equal value or more, not their cheapest car. In fact, they should offer nice cars to even people who bring in their entry level cars for service. Who knows, they might fall in love with it and end up getting one. That's a sale right there.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:43 AM
Intermediate

I think it's time you speak to a store manager or district supervisor. The amount of time being taken here needs to be documented and expedited. And the fact that they are telling you it will take weeks more almost proves to me that they are not exactly concentrating on your car.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:38 PM
Pro

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts
I suppose that if they can't fix it its a real lemon
Old 11-29-2013, 08:22 PM
Instructor

I think it's time you speak to a store manager or district supervisor. The amount of time being taken here needs to be documented and expedited. And the fact that they are telling you it will take weeks more almost proves to me that they are not exactly concentrating on your car.
I am speaking to customer relations already but even they are not giving me any answers.
Old 11-30-2013, 06:33 AM
Intermediate

I am speaking to customer relations already but even they are not giving me any answers.
At Acura or at the dealer? IMO- Get your Acura out of there and bring it to another dealer for resolution. And request prior to dropping it off that you'd like the district supervisor to get involved due to your past experience. I could be wrong, but it sounds to me like your current dealer is either not equipped or properly motivated to handle your situation.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:54 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 164 Likes on 115 Posts
Originally Posted by MyBlackBeauty
Pretty sure they won't say anything due to legal reasons... all they will do is keep tabs and alert their legal depth is it is a potential issue
Old 11-30-2013, 09:23 PM
Instructor

At Acura or at the dealer? IMO- Get your Acura out of there and bring it to another dealer for resolution. And request prior to dropping it off that you'd like the district supervisor to get involved due to your past experience. I could be wrong, but it sounds to me like your current dealer is either not equipped or properly motivated to handle your situation.
Customer relations at Acura Corporate. The number is on their website.

I called the dealership I got the car from and they said they didn't have a loaner until Dec 9th and they only have ILX's which I refuse to drive.

Also she advised that since the car has already been at that dealership for 2 weeks, they might have ruled a lot of things out and bringing it to another dealership would be back to square one which makes sense.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:24 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mondster
Pretty sure they won't say anything due to legal reasons... all they will do is keep tabs and alert their legal depth is it is a potential issue
My only question no one is answering is that how long can they keep my car at the dealership before giving up and they aren't saying anything because they don't want to commit to anything and I get it but after 2 weeks, I would expect answers.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:39 PM
Instructor

Finally got it back yesterday and is running fine so far (knock on wood).

Apparently it was a lose connector that was causing it.

I hope it doesn't get lose again LMAO!