Edmonton Acuraziner's

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 11:16 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
update:

i just got an estimate done at reflections autobody on the southside. they quoted me $10,295 to fix. i'm pretty sure it's a write off...lol fuck. me.

i have no idea why the pics are upside down...but...with a little bit of imagination i'm sure you guys can figure it out...haha as you can tell. i got fucking PWNED. fucking sucks to see her go. i loved that thing to death. (no pun intended)

i've been car shopping and i'm not sure if i wanna pick up a 2005-2008 TL, i'd have to drive it to see if it feels like a boat inside...it's either that or i was looking into an 2007 A4 audi. i gotta test drive both cars, i really don't know what else to pick. the interior of the car is a big must for me. it has to feel "luxury" as corny as that sounds. i like acura because they got a shitload of buttons on the interior and it's built in a way that feels like it's not cheap or cutting corners. ex) i don't like nissan or infiniti because the interior feels like cheap plastic, i don't know if you guys understand what i'm trying to get at or if you guys just think i'm fucked lol but any help would be greatly appreciated !!

Last edited by jnguyen; 04-25-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:10 AM
TL Owner

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Whoa that's almost identical to mine when I hit and I got quoted over 11g's man.
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-photograph-gallery-96/my-baby-back-843544/

It looked pretty grim for me too but just try to stay positive.

I think you got either 2 options for you, get it as a write off and get something else OR you could get it fixed. When I crashed my TL I brought it to my friends shop and they fixed my TL right up for about half the estimated cost I got of only 6g's. That's if you have the money, remember you always have options.

Either way good luck to you man, hope things work out for ya!

Last edited by ArenHam; 04-26-2012 at 12:14 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:23 AM
TL Owner

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The 2 best I got from the meet. Be better next time if we could get a whole crew rolling. It was sweet rolling down whyte and turning left past Hudson's with cool stares
Old 04-26-2012, 01:02 AM
TL'er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ Glad you parked beside me, Makes my car look even lower

Anyone need any Elements tickets? Got 4, 120$ something came up and we can't go anymore (((((( x10000000

Some buddy at hudsons gave me the finger, Hi Hater!

Last edited by iMitchell; 04-26-2012 at 01:06 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:53 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ArenHam
Whoa that's almost identical to mine when I hit and I got quoted over 11g's man.
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=843544

It looked pretty grim for me too but just try to stay positive.

I think you got either 2 options for you, get it as a write off and get something else OR you could get it fixed. When I crashed my TL I brought it to my friends shop and they fixed my TL right up for about half the estimated cost I got of only 6g's. That's if you have the money, remember you always have options.

Either way good luck to you man, hope things work out for ya!
that's one thing i'm trying to figure out. if i claim it as a write off, do i have the option of buying it back at an auction house? i'd wanna sell it as it for like $5000 or something. Everything inside is mint still. nothing's been damaged except for the radiator and radiator support beam, but the intake, and manifold isn't touched at all.

2nd option: i fix it up and i ride it as a write off. not really sure what to do. i love the car, but if i have an option to buy a new car i think i wouldn't mind getting a TL or an A4...
Old 04-26-2012, 09:12 AM
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts
^That sucks man. It has the right colour too! If you are torn between the TL and the A4, I would pick the TL anytime of the day especially you love your interiors.

Mitch, should have given the guy a flying kiss. I love doing that, they get pissed easily.:P
Old 04-26-2012, 09:16 AM
Intermediate

^ ya man, i should be hearing from the adjuster hopefully soon and that's the verdict on if my car is officially a write off or not. but with 10k damages and the car only being worth 10-13k i don't see them wanting to fix it at all.

i'm gonna have to test drive the audi and the TL. there's a few i have my eye set on already.

Last edited by jnguyen; 04-26-2012 at 09:19 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:18 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by jnguyen
that's one thing i'm trying to figure out. if i claim it as a write off, do i have the option of buying it back at an auction house? i'd wanna sell it as it for like $5000 or something. Everything inside is mint still. nothing's been damaged except for the radiator and radiator support beam, but the intake, and manifold isn't touched at all.

2nd option: i fix it up and i ride it as a write off. not really sure what to do. i love the car, but if i have an option to buy a new car i think i wouldn't mind getting a TL or an A4...
It depends how much the buy back will be and depends how much you love your car and depends how much money they give you if it's a write off.

I've had a TL and it was an awesome car. 3 years, 60 000km and I haven't had a single problem. That's honda for you. What I wanted in winter time was AWD though. So it all depends on what you want.

If I had stuck with a TL I would have driven it one more year and then switched over to S4. I have a lot of love for euro cars but always had a jap haha
Another option is g35x, 07s are around the same price of A4s, better interior than previous years, and they are AWD as well, and I can bet anything that they are more reliable than a4, with better power too
Old 04-26-2012, 10:15 AM
Intermediate

one thing i'm kinda scared about is the turbo in the audi, especially if it's gonna be a DD and the car will most likely have over 100kms on it. i can see maitenance being quite pricey on audi's end.

as for the TL, i'm sure it'll be identical the the TSX except for the performance. how many km's do you guys get per tank?
Old 04-26-2012, 10:56 AM
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by iMitchell
Some buddy at hudsons gave me the finger, Hi Hater!
Lol they're just jelly

one thing i'm kinda scared about is the turbo in the audi, especially if it's gonna be a DD and the car will most likely have over 100kms on it. i can see maitenance being quite pricey on audi's end.

as for the TL, i'm sure it'll be identical the the TSX except for the performance. how many km's do you guys get per tank?
Yikes sorry to hear about the accident dude. Look on the bright side, at least you're okay and it's only the car that is damaged.

For my TL, the km's per tank greatly varies on the type of driving I do. If I'm mostly Henday, I can get over 500km a tank but if it's mostly city it's closer to mid 300km's. Car isn't all that friendly on gas but has the luxury feel for the interior you desire.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:05 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by v|nsan|ty
Lol they're just jelly

Yikes sorry to hear about the accident dude. Look on the bright side, at least you're okay and it's only the car that is damaged.

For my TL, the km's per tank greatly varies on the type of driving I do. If I'm mostly Henday, I can get over 500km a tank but if it's mostly city it's closer to mid 300km's. Car isn't all that friendly on gas but has the luxury feel for the interior you desire.
something is wrong with your car man, NO way that's how much gas it should waste. Mine would get 450+ city and 500-550 mixed (75%highway 25%city). And going to kelowna and calgary so just straight highway, 600km on a tank.
Maybe becuase yours is an automatic but DAMN mid 300s?
Old 04-26-2012, 11:05 AM
Intermediate

so i just got word from the adjuster, he just left the bodyshop, did some estimates, said that the car has just minor damages. nothing to the engine or anything important. just the radiator and radiator support and all exterior shit.

he said that they'll fix it, it's definitely repairable. The catch is that they're going to use aftermarket parts to cut costs (i think this is why it's not a write off). he's gonna send me a quote on what's OEM and what's aftermarket on his quote and then i'm gonna compare the differences with the quote that's using full OEM.

I asked the adjustor if i had a choice in using full OEM or not, and he said i do, but i would have to pay the difference between the 2 quotes.

-- what you guys think? i'm pretty glad my car isn't a write off. i don't have to go through the bullshit of buying a new car...such a headache. looks like the white stallion has a chance at coming back to life!!
Old 04-26-2012, 11:15 AM
Suzuka Master

I'd cut costs as much as possible. The car is crashed, when selling no one is gonna ask if you used OEM parts or aftermarket, they will hear crashed and that's it. Most people don't even know about aftermarket parts
Old 04-26-2012, 11:17 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by myron
something is wrong with your car man, NO way that's how much gas it should waste. Mine would get 450+ city and 500-550 mixed (75%highway 25%city). And going to kelowna and calgary so just straight highway, 600km on a tank.
Hmm this is the way it has always been so I figured it was normal lol. Unless there is something up with my car that is stealing gas Automatic does rob a lot of power from the transmission so perhaps it does reduce the fuel economy significantly as well?

Yeah for going to Calgary I use about half a tank so it seems normal there. I was very thankful when the Henday opened up. Helped me eliminate the majority of my city driving required for work.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:28 AM
Intermediate

I'd cut costs as much as possible. The car is crashed, when selling no one is gonna ask if you used OEM parts or aftermarket, they will hear crashed and that's it. Most people don't even know about aftermarket parts
does it matter what the costs would even be if the insurance is paying for it? it's $10k in damages, with aftermarket i'm assuming it'll be around 7
Old 04-26-2012, 12:23 PM
Intermediate

you get 450+ city? dafuq? i only get 475 on my tsx and that's on a good day. during the winter i barely hit 400...
Old 04-26-2012, 12:34 PM
Suzuka Master

you get 450+ city? dafuq? i only get 475 on my tsx and that's on a good day. during the winter i barely hit 400...
I get 430 in my 2G with a check engine light on due to plugged cat. It all depends how you drive.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:57 PM
Intermediate

i drive normal. i rarely redline and i'm pretty much a granny driver nowadays. i'm so lazy with driving. i even use cruise control on the roads...haha
Old 04-26-2012, 01:11 PM
Intermediate

update:

i was doing some research and my car right now is worth around 11k. trade in value is valued on the high side at 8,516 and low end at 5,966.

Now, the adjustor is saying that the car is fixable with aftermarket parts and only aftermarket. OEM will cause the car to be a write off. my guess is that the quote he's about to send me is about half the costs of the original quote.

my question is: can i ask for them to write it off and throw this evidence in front of them? i understand the risk vs. reward concept where the insurance will do anything to go the cheaper route. but this isn't making sense how they're not writing off this car.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:20 PM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
@ jnguyen - sucks to see that happen to a TSX! Hope everything works out. My bro also rear ended someone a month or 2 ago, got his hood, bumper, driver side fender, one new headlight for around 2500 ish at 66 st autobody.

I can't remember how many KM I can get out of my tank but my Garmin EcoRoute ECU reader says I get about 10.5L/100 KM on average I think.

Last edited by EdmTSX; 04-26-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by ArenHam
The 2 best I got from the meet. Be better next time if we could get a whole crew rolling. It was sweet rolling down whyte and turning left past Hudson's with cool stares
Now I'm kinda glad I wasn't able to come out and meet you guys...the beak (or "clown's mouth", to quote an Acura dealer I spoke with) on the front of my 4G would've stood out in any pictures.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:52 PM
Cruisin'

Anyone know any good shops open on weekends that can replace my CV joint? I have the new one, just need it installed and since Wilson's is closed weekends I dunno where else to go?
Old 04-27-2012, 02:31 PM
Intermediate

update***: not sure if you guys care...haha but i'll storytime you guys.

adjustor called me with a revised quote with aftermarket parts. comes out to $9,500. they're still not writing off the car even though my car is worth $13,500. apparently they write off if it's 80%+ in damages of the value.

also, there's 4 hours of labor for the frame. apparently they have to pull out some sheet metal or something where the radiator support got pushed and they need to pull it out.

i told the adjustor i wanted to use straight OEM equipment because of the quality and peace of mind, and he's like no. they'll back it up with warranty if anything happens to the parts that they used. if i wanted to use OEM parts i'd have to pay the difference...does this make sense?

advise me, because clearly you guys are an insurance firm fill of adjusters. haha
Old 04-28-2012, 08:03 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
update***: not sure if you guys care...haha but i'll storytime you guys.

adjustor called me with a revised quote with aftermarket parts. comes out to $9,500. they're still not writing off the car even though my car is worth $13,500. apparently they write off if it's 80%+ in damages of the value.

also, there's 4 hours of labor for the frame. apparently they have to pull out some sheet metal or something where the radiator support got pushed and they need to pull it out.

i told the adjustor i wanted to use straight OEM equipment because of the quality and peace of mind, and he's like no. they'll back it up with warranty if anything happens to the parts that they used. if i wanted to use OEM parts i'd have to pay the difference...does this make sense?

advise me, because clearly you guys are an insurance firm fill of adjusters. haha

funny thing. my bodyshop has to use aftermarket parts first. he didnt like them so he sent them back and told my insurance company he wasnt pleased with fitment and what not. long story short i got new oem parts and wasnt even charged. maybe use a different bodyshop? i always go to royal autobody on the west end. owner is manny. ive used him 3 diff times and always got oem parts.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:44 PM
Suzuka Master

somehow survived the first day of elements. Today round 2
Old 04-28-2012, 07:01 PM
TL'er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ Glad I didn't go, Saw the size of the lines for everything and started laughing. Did they actually have K9's everywhere?
Old 04-29-2012, 06:20 AM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Elements was awesome. Legs were sore afterwards but well worth going to. Lines on first day after 9PM was brutal, second day was a lot faster to get through. I didn't see any k9's, just a lot of cops walking around.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:54 PM
Cruising in my

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by iMitchell
^ Glad I didn't go, Saw the size of the lines for everything and started laughing. Did they actually have K9's everywhere?
I got there at 1000 on the first day, police and dogs in full force, almost hour and a half to get in. Day 2 got there at 8pm and same thing, heavy security but took 30 mins. Great show - wish I could go to vegas for EDC.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:53 PM
Suzuka Master

i had an awesome time. waiting wasn't that big of a deal for me, it was well worth it in the end.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:07 AM
6MT

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Silence*
Anyone know any good shops open on weekends that can replace my CV joint? I have the new one, just need it installed and since Wilson's is closed weekends I dunno where else to go?
i would have replaced it for you but i am crazyy busy!!
Old 04-30-2012, 02:07 PM
Intermediate

gonna talk to the adjuster and try and negotiate them to write me a cheque for the damages and just write off the car.

i think i'm gonna jump on the wagon for the TL as a next car. oooooo. found a black 2006 TL with naviation. does standard transmission usually go with navigation packages? i don't know if these exist or not...
Old 04-30-2012, 02:50 PM
Suzuka Master

^ yea there are navi/manual TLs, but it's pretty much a unicorn. You may see one, and tell people you saw it, but no one will believe you haha
Old 04-30-2012, 04:16 PM
Instructor

i have navi.. and a manual

its official myron.. my drivers side headlight fogs up like theres no tomm actually...gets a crap load of condensation. i guess its something ima have to fix when i bust my lude out for the summer
Old 04-30-2012, 04:44 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by GldCrzy

its official myron.. my drivers side headlight fogs up like theres no tomm actually...gets a crap load of condensation. i guess its something ima have to fix when i bust my lude out for the summer
really? Damn man that sucks. I think it's the glue we used. I can help you out no problem just let me know when. You can get some butyl stuff from nissan for 30$ and that should work better. Vince's didn't fog up yet so I guess that stuff work.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:59 PM
Intermediate

what color's your TL?
Old 04-30-2012, 08:45 PM
Instructor

what color's your TL?

anthracite metallic
Old 04-30-2012, 08:50 PM
Instructor

really? Damn man that sucks. I think it's the glue we used. I can help you out no problem just let me know when. You can get some butyl stuff from nissan for 30$ and that should work better. Vince's didn't fog up yet so I guess that stuff work.

most likely. when i was looking up close at it. it kinda looks like the lens has moved and i poked the glue and its pretty soft. ill let you know when we can do it .. ima try and get some more silica packets first...if i can find some.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:51 PM
Suzuka Master

most likely. when i was looking up close at it. it kinda looks like the lens has moved and i poked the glue and its pretty soft. ill let you know when we can do it .. ima try and get some more silica packets first...if i can find some.
yea get some of those and I think Vince has a lot of butyl left from his headlights. I am sure he can give you some for cheap
Old 05-01-2012, 10:52 AM
Pro

Haha yeah for the silica packets I went to CT and grabbed a bunch from the backpacks. I think Myron and I stuffed at least 3-4 into each headlight.

I can sell you enough Nissan butyl sealant to do both of your headlights. It's the same stuff that the headlight vendor "JnC" uses. I haven't had any problems with it forming condensation and it was put in last summer.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:32 PM
Intermediate

found out the TL back seats don't fold down...this is almost a dealbreaker for me since i go snowboarding and camping all the time. fuck

Quick Reply: Edmonton Acuraziner's