Best dealership in Vancouver, B.C.?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 09:35 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow that's messed up. My front pads need replacing also but I will just buy the oem pads and change it myself. It's so simple it will probably take less than 15 minutes.

So let me get this straight....you were gone for 3 hours and they charged you $670 for labour... that's over $220/hour...wowz seriously?
Old 04-25-2011, 11:56 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
TBH you could do that all yourself in less then a day and probably 1/3rd of the price. even though you might not know how to do it, this forum has DIY guide for everything. when you mess everything up thats when you take it to the dealership
Old 04-30-2011, 10:37 PM
Tao
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah, my car was there for 3 hrs and they probably fixed everything within 2 hrs. of course i am no mechanic but ive done all that stuff b4 on myprevious car except the air cleaner.

i'm wondering how much a TRUE repair shop would have charged? $670 for labo to fix my 04 TL was not cool..

my opinion- anything else besides what you planned on fixing there they might start saying you need to do this ... blah, blah, blah just leave : \
Old 05-01-2011, 02:38 PM
Cruisin'

i had bad experiences with Richmond acura, even when buying a new car from them

my latest acura was from campus acura on the island. everything was lower compared to the mainland.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:34 AM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I have always went to Richmond Acura for service since that is the nearest Acura dealer ship to me. I would like to see some feedbacks on Richmond Acura comparing to other dealerships. The last service i had there was not particularly satisfied by me. I had the car there for a type A service, and the service took me around 3 hours. I thought that was ridiculous. But the thing i really didn't understand was when i got the car back from servicing, the gas gauge is dropped to the bottom. I had about 15% of gas left over before i sent it off for serving, and it came back with none left. I went in and asked the guy and the guy said there must be something wrong with my gas gauge, but i didn't believe so.
Did this kind of situation happened to anyone of you guys when surviving at Richmond Acura?
Old 07-31-2011, 02:14 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I recently purchased my first Acura, an 07 TL-S, from Lougheed Acura. I was sent there as the friend of a guy at a Honda dealership who knows the owner there pretty well. The salesman I worked with was knowledgeable and polite. I think I got a decent price on the car, although I'm guessing the people I knew made that easier than it otherwise would of been.

The two guys in the business office however (the guys who do financing and such) were absolutely terrible. They flat out lied to me, didn't do even some basic things that I asked (can you check the rates at bank XYZ instead?) and insisted what they were setting me up with was the best they could do when I knew it was not. I have a relative who works for a major bank as a rep to many lower mainland dealerships. They basically told me that the business office was getting the biggest commission they could by giving me a higher financing rate with no regard for the customer. Way to give the car industry a good name guys...

I didn't plan on returning to Lougheed Acura after seeing what those two guys in the business office were like, this thread just confirms my apprehensions. I might try out Richmond Acura, Acura of Langley or perhaps the Honda dealership a few minutes from my house when it comes time to service the car.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:45 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't go to acura of langley. I usually do my oil changes myself but I had just had surgery so I brought my car in there. They did the oil change and told me I needed new pads and rotors and it would be $1200 dollars to replace them. I thought that was crazy and bought stoptech rotors and pads for 500 and had a buddy change them. When we pulled the pads out they had about six mils, way more life than the one mil pad thickness they said they had. That was last year. My mom also has a tl and took it there for an oil change and they told her she needed new pads all around. She went to Kal tire to get some tires and asked them to change the brakes and they said they were still fine. Hope this helps, I've heard good things about burrard acura.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:22 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm almost considering going to Acura of Langley now next time I need an oil change, just to see if they tell me my brakes need to be done. Go somewhere else first and have them check brake pad thickness, throw it at AoL if they tell me something much different.

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 08-04-2011, 01:50 AM
Instructor

Forsure. Go there for the oil change then ask them to check your brakes. lol
Old 08-04-2011, 10:10 PM
08 WDP TL-S

Originally Posted by Latito
I recently purchased my first Acura, an 07 TL-S, from Lougheed Acura. I was sent there as the friend of a guy at a Honda dealership who knows the owner there pretty well. The salesman I worked with was knowledgeable and polite. I think I got a decent price on the car, although I'm guessing the people I knew made that easier than it otherwise would of been.

The two guys in the business office however (the guys who do financing and such) were absolutely terrible. They flat out lied to me, didn't do even some basic things that I asked (can you check the rates at bank XYZ instead?) and insisted what they were setting me up with was the best they could do when I knew it was not. I have a relative who works for a major bank as a rep to many lower mainland dealerships. They basically told me that the business office was getting the biggest commission they could by giving me a higher financing rate with no regard for the customer. Way to give the car industry a good name guys...

I didn't plan on returning to Lougheed Acura after seeing what those two guys in the business office were like, this thread just confirms my apprehensions. I might try out Richmond Acura, Acura of Langley or perhaps the Honda dealership a few minutes from my house when it comes time to service the car.

how much did u bought ur 07 Type S?
Old 09-09-2012, 12:27 AM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I am on my 3rd Acura now and I have been to all the Acura dealers in this area over the years. North Van has my vote for the top service experience followed by Burrard Acura, Lougheed/Langley would tie for 3rd. Richmond would be my last choice. Many Lexus owners go to Toyota dealers for service and save quite a lot (as much as 50% in USA as I was told). My friend on the island also goes to Honda dealer to service his Acura and a single oil change would be $40 cheaper compare to doing it at Acura dealer.

My advice is to call around before bring your car in and most of the cases, dealer would usually price match the lowest you can find. I saved myself more than $120 last year servicing my Lexus.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:30 AM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
burrad acura always have my votes
Old 09-28-2012, 06:51 PM
2021 RDX A SPEC

Received 308 Likes on 189 Posts
North Van / NorthShore Acura has my vote for overall - BEST in Vancouver.

Burrard - post sales/after sales support/service has gotten better though I dont like their new location.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 248 Likes on 229 Posts
Lougheed Acura for me. We have been going there for 20 yrs and have had 11 new Acura's. We have had nothing but good experiences with the service people and the sales people are always very congenial with us. Howard, the owner is a very nice guy, gives us excellent deals, is very personable and as a result we chat with him every time we go in.

The service is always good whether regular maintenance or warranty issues of which there have been very few.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:14 PM
Advanced

Any new updates on who the best Acura dealership for the TL is in the Lower Mainland?

Does North Shore still get the nod?

I am not just interested in good service, selling price is a factor also.

Thanks.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:08 AM
Intermediate

I got my TL at North Shore Acura about 6wks ago. The salesman and manager were both really nice. I think I was a pretty easy customer - knew what I wanted going in and just needed to settle on the price. There was not much bs back n forth or games which was good. Haven't experienced the servicing yet, but I'll post after I do.