Best dealership in Vancouver, B.C.?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 03:50 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best dealership in Vancouver, B.C.?

For you Lower Mainland of B.C. TL owners out there, which is the best Acura dealership, for both sales and service?

Thanks.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:56 PM
Instructor

I would say North Shore Acura would be the top of my list for the Lower mainland dealerships. Most Acura dealerships are okay but I think what separates one Acura dealership from the rest is friendliness, knowlegeability, and customer-oriented sales staff and after-sales service. Because it is so competitive to get sales these days in cars, I think if "price" is the only thing you are concerned about, I am sure it can be negotiated with any of the Acura dealerships, so I left that out of the equation.

I have been to all of the Acura dealerships, mainly for servicing of the car and I like North Shore Acura for serveral reason: very professional, knowledgeable and friendly service staff that will provide you with confidence when you bring your car there for servicing. There are big, glass windows which openly display what the mechanics are doing on your car and you can watch them if you like. The service bays are nice and clean and lots of room. I think "Service" of your car is compared to "after-sales" experience and I am happy bringing my car there for servicing, even though I didn't buy it from that dealership. Just remember: It doesn't matter where you buy your Acura from which dealership, you can bring it to anyone for servicing also just so you know.

The sales staff are knowlegeable and fairly friendly people to deal with. Although I did not buy my Acura TLS there because they didn't have my color at the time, if I were to buy another Acura, I would go there to try to make a deal with them first.

I would say Lougheed Acura is the worst of them all based on my experience and one other TL member saying it is very hard to get a "warranty" claim off them for your after-sales problems with your Acura TL. I don't know if it is a isolated incident or not but it is what happened. Secondly, it is a family-owned business running that Acura dealership so I don't know if that makes a difference or not but...

Hope this gives you some feedback from an Acura TL owner regarding Acura dealerships in Lower mainland Vancouver.

Also there may be a BBQ for Acura TL owners Aug 1, 2005 (B.C. Day) for meeting other Acura owners. I guess it doesn't have to be "TL" owners; anyone can come I assume or anyone who likes Acuras. Read in the "Acurazine Meets" section for more information or if the meet is happening for sure or not.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:14 PM
18,000mi. 29000km

I remember Burrard Acura doesn't have good reputation from few month back in this forum. You can do a search and probably find more info on it
Old 07-24-2005, 07:04 AM
Advanced

Well, I have only been to Lougheed Acura and NorthShore, I started to take in my car for service at the NorthShore about 6 months ago. I really can't believe how terrible attitudes they have in Lougheed. You will see how they deny you and give you unreasonable excuse when you have problems with your car. By the way, NorthShore is a division of OpenRoad
Old 07-24-2005, 07:08 AM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by Michael03TLS
I would say North Shore Acura would be the top of my list for the Lower mainland dealerships. Most Acura dealerships are okay but I think what separates one Acura dealership from the rest is friendliness, knowlegeability, and customer-oriented sales staff and after-sales service. Because it is so competitive to get sales these days in cars, I think if "price" is the only thing you are concerned about, I am sure it can be negotiated with any of the Acura dealerships, so I left that out of the equation.

I have been to all of the Acura dealerships, mainly for servicing of the car and I like North Shore Acura for serveral reason: very professional, knowledgeable and friendly service staff that will provide you with confidence when you bring your car there for servicing. There are big, glass windows which openly display what the mechanics are doing on your car and you can watch them if you like. The service bays are nice and clean and lots of room. I think "Service" of your car is compared to "after-sales" experience and I am happy bringing my car there for servicing, even though I didn't buy it from that dealership. Just remember: It doesn't matter where you buy your Acura from which dealership, you can bring it to anyone for servicing also just so you know.

The sales staff are knowlegeable and fairly friendly people to deal with. Although I did not buy my Acura TLS there because they didn't have my color at the time, if I were to buy another Acura, I would go there to try to make a deal with them first.

I would say Lougheed Acura is the worst of them all based on my experience and one other TL member saying it is very hard to get a "warranty" claim off them for your after-sales problems with your Acura TL. I don't know if it is a isolated incident or not but it is what happened. Secondly, it is a family-owned business running that Acura dealership so I don't know if that makes a difference or not but...

Hope this gives you some feedback from an Acura TL owner regarding Acura dealerships in Lower mainland Vancouver.

Also there may be a BBQ for Acura TL owners Aug 1, 2005 (B.C. Day) for meeting other Acura owners. I guess it doesn't have to be "TL" owners; anyone can come I assume or anyone who likes Acuras. Read in the "Acurazine Meets" section for more information or if the meet is happening for sure or not.
I totally agree with you->
Lougheed=
North Shore=
Old 07-24-2005, 01:21 PM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Part of good service is to supply you with a courtesy car if the maintenance will take more than 3hrs. Anyone had any experience where Acura supply you with one??? I had courtesy car supply to me twice with my previous Acura vehicle at Burrard.
Old 07-24-2005, 01:40 PM
Instructor

I guess a_bu_lo confirms another TL member having bad experience with Lougheed Acura in addition to the other TL member who said it was hard to get any warranty work done through Lougheed Acura.

a_bu_lo,
Hopefully you can show up for some other local TL meet next time; we had a blast last time with the meet

Ed99,
I didn't get a courtesy car for 3 hrs of service work being done on my Acura, but I did get a base model RSX to drive around for a courtesy car when my car servicing took roughly about a day to do at the dealership. Most dealerships have courtesy cars but they nonetheless have limited vehicles to give out to customers; I think they give them out to people who request them ahead of time, their Acura vehicles take about a day or more to service, and depending on the availability of their courtesy cars. If the warranty job takes only 2-3 hrs, I think they generally don't give it out, when I was at Richmond or Burrard Acura, but they did give me a ride to a local destination area where I wanted to go but no pick-up ride.
Old 07-24-2005, 02:49 PM
18,000mi. 29000km

Originally Posted by ed99
Part of good service is to supply you with a courtesy car if the maintenance will take more than 3hrs. Anyone had any experience where Acura supply you with one??? I had courtesy car supply to me twice with my previous Acura vehicle at Burrard.
I guess it was just sales dept. that gave one of our TLer bad impression last time. I would try both Calgary dealerships for my maintenence needs
Old 07-24-2005, 06:11 PM
Love to have a TL

North Shore Acura is the worst dealer i ever been to, I was trying to test drive the TL and they were like, beening and ass and my dad just left and we are planning to go to another dealer, my dad talk to a couple of them over the phone and find dealing with Langley pretty good
Old 07-25-2005, 03:10 AM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

I guess a_bu_lo confirms another TL member having bad experience with Lougheed Acura in addition to the other TL member who said it was hard to get any warranty work done through Lougheed Acura.

a_bu_lo,
Hopefully you can show up for some other local TL meet next time; we had a blast last time with the meet

Ed99,
I didn't get a courtesy car for 3 hrs of service work being done on my Acura, but I did get a base model RSX to drive around for a courtesy car when my car servicing took roughly about a day to do at the dealership. Most dealerships have courtesy cars but they nonetheless have limited vehicles to give out to customers; I think they give them out to people who request them ahead of time, their Acura vehicles take about a day or more to service, and depending on the availability of their courtesy cars. If the warranty job takes only 2-3 hrs, I think they generally don't give it out, when I was at Richmond or Burrard Acura, but they did give me a ride to a local destination area where I wanted to go but no pick-up ride.

Yeah you would have to call ahead to book for a courtesy car and they would only supply you one only if the work done to your Acura will take over 3hrs. So generally at least almost half a day. Your lucky you got a RSX to play with.....both times I had the EL to play around with.

Everyone here should check out the meets b/c their will be one coming up this August 1st and would be great to see all the Acura's there!!

https://acurazine.com/forums/acurazine-clubs-meets-15/
Old 07-25-2005, 04:01 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by RS_TL_Lover
North Shore Acura is the worst dealer i ever been to, I was trying to test drive the TL and they were like, beening and ass and my dad just left and we are planning to go to another dealer, my dad talk to a couple of them over the phone and find dealing with Langley pretty good
I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience but I can not agree that they are the "worst" dealer.Maybe it's an isolated incident and which sales person did you deal with? Maybe it was a busy day for them or those particular sales people on that particular day you went were lazy? And if you remember, who was the salesperson? Also Please elaborate on what " beening and ass meant? Every Acura dealership can have a "bad" customer experience depending on who's working, their sales team motivation and management, how many other customers they are serving, and whether they fullfilled their "sales quota" for the month or not.

Like I said I've been to all of the Acura dealerships and it can't be worse than Lougheed Acura "watching" out for what kind of car you drive so they can "hawk" or be an obsequious salesperson to flatter you into buying a car. Besides this personal experience, there have been other TL members claiming they don't even want to give "warranty" claims to the Acura owners; now this is bad news.

I actually dealt with Acura of Langley also and I happen to buy my car off them so I can say they are pretty good also. The problem I have with Langley Acura is that their cars aren't as clean and pristine as North Shore dealership's Acuras. Have you ever notice that they, North Shore Acura, leave on most of their cars the plastic covered over the interior seats and there is also that invisible "clear-bra" that covers the paint on the exterior to keep the car's paint , for example, from deteriorating from the elements in our environment? And they also have a large "selection" to choose from so that's another reason why I have to give them thumbs up besides their service baysOnly until the car is "actually" sold will they finally clean and detail the car so you can be assured that the car you are getting is "fresh". Acura of Langley doesn't have that much selection and besides they sometimes take all the plastic wraps off and pre-clean the cars that's it's actual detrimental to the car's condition; as a matter of fact their cars are dirty with all that highway traffic blowing dirt and dust over the cars, which can't be too good for the paint to avoid scratch marks and/or dust build up in cracks and crevices. I am still favored to North Shore as the preferred dealership.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:20 AM
Advanced

Exclamation

I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience but I can not agree that they are the "worst" dealer.Maybe it's an isolated incident and which sales person did you deal with? Maybe it was a busy day for them or those particular sales people on that particular day you went were lazy? And if you remember, who was the salesperson? Also Please elaborate on what " beening and ass meant? Every Acura dealership can have a "bad" customer experience depending on who's working, their sales team motivation and management, how many other customers they are serving, and whether they fullfilled their "sales quota" for the month or not.

Like I said I've been to all of the Acura dealerships and it can't be worse than Lougheed Acura "watching" out for what kind of car you drive so they can "hawk" or be an obsequious salesperson to flatter you into buying a car. Besides this personal experience, there have been other TL members claiming they don't even want to give "warranty" claims to the Acura owners; now this is bad news.

I actually dealt with Acura of Langley also and I happen to buy my car off them so I can say they are pretty good also. The problem I have with Langley Acura is that their cars aren't as clean and pristine as North Shore dealership's Acuras. Have you ever notice that they, North Shore Acura, leave on most of their cars the plastic covered over the interior seats and there is also that invisible "clear-bra" that covers the paint on the exterior to keep the car's paint , for example, from deteriorating from the elements in our environment? And they also have a large "selection" to choose from so that's another reason why I have to give them thumbs up besides their service baysOnly until the car is "actually" sold will they finally clean and detail the car so you can be assured that the car you are getting is "fresh". Acura of Langley doesn't have that much selection and besides they sometimes take all the plastic wraps off and pre-clean the cars that's it's actual detrimental to the car's condition; as a matter of fact their cars are dirty with all that highway traffic blowing dirt and dust over the cars, which can't be too good for the paint to avoid scratch marks and/or dust build up in cracks and crevices. I am still favored to North Shore as the preferred dealership.
I am just really upset with lougheed myself; they don't give me warranty claims, but NorthShore does.
And take a look at lougheed carefully next time, you will see the boss holding a cup of coffee, walking around, and not greeting to the customers
He lets the customers feel he is cocky or something.
Have you seen this phenomenon at lougheed micheal?
Lougheed!
Old 07-26-2005, 02:50 AM
Instructor

I didn't go to Lougheed that much but I take your word for it though a_bu_lo. I wouldn't doubt if that manager is part of the family that owns that Acura dealership or related to the family and that's how he got the job lol.

hey a_bu_lo, there might be another small TL meet at Iona Beach in Richmond. You coming this time? On Aug 1,2005. You'll have to read that thread in the "Acurazine meets" section to make sure though because I am not sure who is going to be there for sure yet or if it's 100% happening.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:50 AM
Instructor

haha, I like all your cartoon icons at Lougheed Acura
Old 07-26-2005, 07:22 PM
Advanced

I didn't go to Lougheed that much but I take your word for it though a_bu_lo. I wouldn't doubt if that manager is part of the family that owns that Acura dealership or related to the family and that's how he got the job lol.

hey a_bu_lo, there might be another small TL meet at Iona Beach in Richmond. You coming this time? On Aug 1,2005. You'll have to read that thread in the "Acurazine meets" section to make sure though because I am not sure who is going to be there for sure yet or if it's 100% happening.
Yeah, I will keep eye on the Acurazine meets
But I got philosophy final on Aug.03, so I guess I have to start studying earlier then
And, it's not the manager, it's the boss at lougheed who is the son of Richmond Acura's boss.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:22 PM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Wow so the father owns Lougheed and Richmond Acura??? What nationality is the dude??
Old 07-27-2005, 12:07 AM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Hope you guys can come out to the Aug1st meet in Landsdown Mall Parkade. Would love to see more TL out there!!! SHould be a very nice day for a nice cruise!!
Old 07-27-2005, 12:10 AM
Love to have a TL

aii
too bad i dun have my TL yet
or else i can join!!!
SIgn
Old 07-27-2005, 02:03 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 708 Likes on 325 Posts
Originally Posted by ed99
Wow so the father owns Lougheed and Richmond Acura??? What nationality is the dude??
Sorry, but isn't Richmond Acura owned by the DCH (Dai Chong Hong) Group from Hong Kong?
Old 07-27-2005, 12:39 PM
Instructor

That's what I thought too. Richmond is owned by DCH (Dai Chong Hong) Group from Hong Kong?

And from what I know, the family owners of Lougheed Acura are white guys lol. So is this some kind of inter-racial blending going on ?
Old 07-28-2005, 06:31 AM
Advanced

That's what I thought too. Richmond is owned by DCH (Dai Chong Hong) Group from Hong Kong?

And from what I know, the family owners of Lougheed Acura are white guys lol. So is this some kind of inter-racial blending going on ?
I will keep track of acurazine meet
Okay, my dad told me about this.
Before my dad bought the TL for me, he went to Richmond Acura to check out the TL with his friends. And he came back told me that the owner of Richmond Acura is the father of the owner of Lougheed Acura. I don't know how my dad knows but that's what he told me.
When I go to lougheed for servicing (before, and got upset), I always see an asian dude walking around with a cup of coffee in his hand. In a fact, he looks mixed, and he can speak contonese, but usually english. So I assume he is mix, or he was borned here or something. He can't always have coffee in his hand, and goofying around if he is not the owner.
Or the asian dude was not the owner?? I know the manager is a white guy, caz I got rejected to claim a warranty by him
Is there anyway we can confirm this?
Shall I just phone lougheed and ask haha
Old 07-28-2005, 09:11 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 708 Likes on 325 Posts
Not sure about Lougheed Acura, but Richmond Acura is definitely owned by the big Hong Kong conglomerate Dah Chong Hong.

Go here (http://www.dch.com.hk/index02.php?nl=en) and click on Overseas Company in the main menu bar on the left, then click on Dah Chong Hong (Canada) Ltd. You'll see the following:

"About Us

Dah Chong Hong (Canada) Limited has been established in Vancouver to import and export food products since 1984. It imports food products from Mainland China and sells to local retail stores. In addition, it exports Canadian products to Asia, including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore and Taiwan.

In 1987, it set up a subsidiary DCH Motors Ltd. to start a car dealership known as Richmond Acura.

Richmond Acura is the first Acura dealership in Canada. It is consistently the highest volume Acura dealer in Western Canada. Its award winning sales team consists of sales-consultants from different ethnic backgrounds, and the service department has factory-trained, highly-skilled technicians. In addition, it has an in-house leasing division that provides financing alternatives to conventional car loans.

For details, please visit:
http://www.dch-canada.com
http://www.richmond-acura.com "

Hope that clears things up.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:04 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by SebringSilver
Not sure about Lougheed Acura, but Richmond Acura is definitely owned by the big Hong Kong conglomerate Dah Chong Hong.

Go here (http://www.dch.com.hk/index02.php?nl=en) and click on Overseas Company in the main menu bar on the left, then click on Dah Chong Hong (Canada) Ltd. You'll see the following:

"About Us

Dah Chong Hong (Canada) Limited has been established in Vancouver to import and export food products since 1984. It imports food products from Mainland China and sells to local retail stores. In addition, it exports Canadian products to Asia, including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore and Taiwan.

In 1987, it set up a subsidiary DCH Motors Ltd. to start a car dealership known as Richmond Acura.

Richmond Acura is the first Acura dealership in Canada. It is consistently the highest volume Acura dealer in Western Canada. Its award winning sales team consists of sales-consultants from different ethnic backgrounds, and the service department has factory-trained, highly-skilled technicians. In addition, it has an in-house leasing division that provides financing alternatives to conventional car loans.

For details, please visit:
http://www.dch-canada.com
http://www.richmond-acura.com "

Hope that clears things up.

Yeah Thanks SebringSilver. I can confirm that Richmond Acura is indeed owned by Dah Chong Hong. It is even written on the wall somewhere in Richmond Acura near the service department on the outside of the building I believe. It was also confirmed by a salesman who sold me my Acura TLS at Langley of Acura dealership and he also said that Richmond Acura usually "breaks" rules among the Acura dealerships to give low prices on cars; all Acura dealerships are suppose to follow "rules" regarding sales and pricing but Richmond Acura probably can dictate things more because they sell more volume than the other dealerships besides the "politics" that goes on in Asia.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:05 AM
Instructor

Low Pricing also does not always equate to good service or servicing of your car though
Old 02-09-2011, 02:40 PM
No more Acura

I know this is an old thread however I just want to get an update on which is the best dealership to service your car in Vancouver lower mainland.

I've only been to Lougheed and so far the experience for service is not totally positive.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:31 AM
Intermediate

Yep, Lougheed still sucks, search this forum, I have a post from not too long ago. I'm taking my car to burrard, so far so good.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:21 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey, could you guys elaborate on your experience at Lougheed Acura? I've only ever been there once and that was to do some warranty work. My experience with them was a positive one, so I would like to see if it's worth going back or not. The last time I went there, I was one week away from the end of my warranty period but they didn't hesitate in ordering in a new replacement part for me. (It was a back seat cover)
Old 02-27-2011, 05:53 AM
Cruisin'

I purchased my new to me 2008 TL-S from Lougheed Acura. I have owned my TL-S for a few weeks now and after trolling the forums I found that my S was having "third gear issues" much the same as others have noted here. I called the service department and talked to one of the techs and I just mentioned what the car was doing and I asked if there was in fact a TSB that covers this exact thing.

I was told initially no that there was no TSB...which I already knew to be false...and that TSB's on US TL's might be different than Canadian ones...which I also called BS on. I pressed a bit and was then told that there was in fact a TSB regarding this issue and to bring my car in. When I brought the car in...the tech asked me two things...."does it pop out of third gear?" and "is it sometimes difficult to engage third gear?' I answered yes to both and the tech mentioned that was good enough for him. Long story short...tranny being fixed under warrantly with no cost to me!!

But I am left with an uneasy feeling regarding their initial response to my problem...
Old 02-27-2011, 09:38 AM
No more Acura

That's the feeling I have about the service at Lougheed too. They seem to be content with the status quo, and are just happy to tell you that whatever sounds/issues you have are completely normal with the vehicle... until you decide to escalate it up the chain. The service department need to realize we are paying the bills for them. They need to be proactive and gain the customer's trust.

Their sales department is good though, in my experience with them. Of all the Acura dealerships in the lower mainland, Lougheed probably gives you the best deal.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:30 PM
Instructor

Wow, Service at Lougheed sounds like a nightmare. I guess the reason that I had good service last time was because I was dealing with a Technician at the back instead of people at the service counter. Come to think of it, last time I went there, the guy sitting at the service counter was pretty carefree and didn't even pay me any attention when I approached him.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:02 PM
Cruisin'

When I bought my TL...i first went to Lougheed and they were NOT offering a good deal at all. I was looking at an 07 or 08 TL. I spoke to the owner and he did not budge on the price of a 08 TL with 45k and it was not a good discount so I went to Burrard Acura and bought the 07 TL-S for less money at 53k and it looks much better.

I like Burrard Acura.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:29 PM
Instructor

I've been very happy with Burrard Acura.

I've purchased 5 vehicles from there over the years and have been satisfied with both the sales and service experience.

However, I've only ever had regular service performed, I've never kept my cars long enough to require a major service
Old 03-03-2011, 11:57 PM
08 WDP TL-S

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i would say and only choose north shore acura....since i bought my old ride 2G A Spec in 2003,and just bought my new ride 3G-S in last year on May from there....and they are all nice guy and ladies at every dept....i love them

especially one thing i want to talk about them its they offer me to drive any car i like when my car go into the service as the courtesy car.....
Old 03-06-2011, 03:41 AM
13.2@106mph G37 RWD Sedan

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
the best friendliest dealership i went to was lynnwood acura but its kind of a 2 hour drive but right when i got there the manager personally came to greet us outside. great customer service and awesome deals

heard bad things about richmond acura
Old 04-22-2011, 05:20 PM
Tao
2nd Gear

about Burrard Acura

so.. i was emailed by a Burrard Acura "customer loyalty advocate" on Apr 12/11 and asked why i am taking my 04Acura TL to a different repair shop now and whether they could have done something at that time. here is my reply today:

hi Dee,
in response to your email:

1) i had your "TYPE A PLUS service" on Jun14/11. at that apt i was asked by Michael to replace my tran fluid and had to tell your counter staff i had already asked it to be checked on Jan4/10 and i was told it was fine (???) . also just after i leave i notice the oil gauge on dash wasn't reset so i have to go back. lastly the receipt said the battery was checked. my car broke down on Aug9/11 and i had to have it towed $81.00 and was charged labour to replace battery $162.26

My other problem with your services:
2) i was charged $667.07 labour on Jan4/10 when my car was in for maintenance repairs for 2-3 hrs (my bill was $1129.03). i asked Trushar why it was so expensive? isn't there a service package for some of these repair items listed? he said nothing he can do. wow what a waste of money.

i brought my car to Burrard Acura first because my Aunt recommended you. but after these past experiences i don't really want to go back
Old 04-22-2011, 06:13 PM
Tao
2nd Gear

Post typo mistake

should have been june14/10, not june14/11 obviously. oops..
Old 04-22-2011, 10:09 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tao
so.. i was emailed by a Burrard Acura "customer loyalty advocate" on Apr 12/11 and asked why i am taking my 04Acura TL to a different repair shop now and whether they could have done something at that time. here is my reply today:

hi Dee,
in response to your email:

1) i had your "TYPE A PLUS service" on Jun14/11. at that apt i was asked by Michael to replace my tran fluid and had to tell your counter staff i had already asked it to be checked on Jan4/10 and i was told it was fine (???) . also just after i leave i notice the oil gauge on dash wasn't reset so i have to go back. lastly the receipt said the battery was checked. my car broke down on Aug9/11 and i had to have it towed $81.00 and was charged labour to replace battery $162.26

My other problem with your services:
2) i was charged $667.07 labour on Jan4/10 when my car was in for maintenance repairs for 2-3 hrs (my bill was $1129.03). i asked Trushar why it was so expensive? isn't there a service package for some of these repair items listed? he said nothing he can do. wow what a waste of money.

i brought my car to Burrard Acura first because my Aunt recommended you. but after these past experiences i don't really want to go back
Ok....I understand point 1. Battery died 2 months after being checked OK, but what's with point 2? Did they not ask you to authorize the work and tell you the amount that you will be charged for? Or did they just go ahead and did unauthorized work then billed you for $1129.03?
Old 04-23-2011, 12:58 AM
2G TLX-S

Received 1,133 Likes on 813 Posts
What services/repairs were done on the car for that $1129 bill ?
Old 04-24-2011, 09:47 AM
Tao
2nd Gear

car repairs

so i take my 04 Acura TL to Burrard Acura..

i say i would like to have the all the brake pads replaced and the oil changed. i also ask (since i just bought this car from a Car Dealer) that their mechanic check under the hood to make sure everything is okay incase theres anything else that should be done (did not ask how much it would cost)

after i leave Trushar calls my cell and suggest that these other things should be done too 1) power steering,2)brake fluid a bit dirty, 3)cooling fluid, 4)air cleaner element dirty. he asks me whether to go ahead or not. i ask if trany fluid is ok or not. says no it is fine. i said ok i trust you, if they need to be done then do it (did not ask how much it would cost ); )

my repair bill:
1) replace front brake pads: and resurface rotors.clean and lubricate caliper slider pins. $79.98 set pad fr,$163.80 labor.
total labor and parts=$243.78

2) replace rear pads: and resurface rotors.clean and lubricate caliper slider pins. $79.98 set pad rr,$163.80 labor.
total labor and parts=$243.78

3) power steering flush: replace power steering fluid. $41.45 pwr stg flush lit, p/s fluid ** ($0),envir ** ($0),$58.50 labor.
total labor and parts=$99.95

4) brake fluid flush: $7.74x3=$23.22 for brake fluid, $105.30 labor.
total labor and parts=$128.52

5) cooling system flush: $17.26 "antifr.hon.type", $77.19 labor.
total labor and parts=$94.45

6) "TYPE A PLUS service" replace engine oil/filter, topped up all fluid levels, adjust tire press, inspect exterior lights.
$37.50 oil change kit, $23.79 labor
total labor and parts=$61.29

7) replace air cleaner element. replace dust and pollen filter. inspect and adjust drive belts. "element assy.cle" $18.48, "ac air filter" $36.78, labor 74.69.
total labor and parts=$129.95

8)misc shop supplies and mat. $6.35

My car is ready within about 3 hours and i get a ride back to their Service Dept:

TOTAL LABOR $667.07
TOTAL PARTS $334.65
MISC $ 6.35

TOTAL TAX $ 120.96

TOTAL INVOICE$1129.03
Old 04-24-2011, 12:25 PM
13.2@106mph G37 RWD Sedan

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
dealership prices are just ridiculous like seriously 129 bucks to change air filter and cabin filter

500 dollars to change front and rear brake pads like wtf. its not like they gave you new rotors either then it might have been worth it

brakes are really easy to change you couldve done it yourself really simple

this happened to me once before too with my previous accord after that i never took my car to a dealership again

Last edited by kdawg8526; 04-24-2011 at 12:28 PM.

Quick Reply: Best dealership in Vancouver, B.C.?