Zaino order/products

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 10:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 100 Posts
Zaino order/products

I have used Zaino Z2 & Z6 previously with outstanding results, when that ran out, I experimented with some other products, including Megs NXT and was going to go the full NXT route (car wash, wax, detailer spray, etc) but was not fully satisfied with NXT wax, which was easy to work with, produced a decent shine, but not nearly the results I had achieved previously with Zaino, nor did NXT hold up like the Zaino did. I was tempted to switch due to Megs being availble just about everywhere vs mail order and Megs being quite a bit cheaper in price. After giving it some thought and my enjoyment of detailing my cars, it was worth it to buy IMO the best product available.

Here is what is coming my way:

Z-PC™ Fusion Dual Action Paint Cleaner Swirl Remover
Z-AIO All-in-one
ZFX™ Flash Cure Accelerator Additive
Z-2™ PRO Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes
Z-5™ PRO Show Car Polish for Swirl Marks and Fine Scratches
Z-6™ Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray
Z-7™ Show Car Wash
Z-9™ Leather Soft Spray Cleaner
Z-10™ Leather in a Bottle
Old 03-18-2009, 10:50 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
Good luck with it .. I moved away form Zaino because of the marketing and cost .. I can do as well shine wise with good polishing and Klasse or a few other good sealants at a lot less money.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:31 PM
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Jesstzn
Good luck with it .. I moved away form Zaino because of the marketing and cost .. I can do as well shine wise with good polishing and Klasse or a few other good sealants at a lot less money.
exactly...
Old 03-19-2009, 12:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
I guess I just never "bought into it"...........I was always happy using what I have been using, Zaino never really entered the picture....
Old 03-19-2009, 08:17 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Zaino is very good and has excellent durability. I gave up on it because I had to wait too long for it to haze, especially in humid or cool weather.

I found it a little strange users were bragging they have 20-30 coats on their cars. What happened to the law of diminishing returns ?

Zymol Carbon gave me a very nice wet and deep shine...but it was a dirt magnet due to the oils remaining on the paint after buffing.

I hope Four Star UPP will give me the Zymol shine with the Zaino durability.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:53 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Four Star UPP is a very good sealant.I always notice a more intense shine the next day after I use UPP.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:58 AM
Safety Car

zaino may have good protection qualities, but as far as correction goes, i dont think they have much to offer....maybe i am wrong, but there are far better products out there for far less money...

and no doubt about 4 star upp....and nothing i have ever used comes even close to the slickness of upp....
Old 03-19-2009, 09:14 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by triggerman
Four Star UPP is a very good sealant.I always notice a more intense shine the next day after I use UPP.
That's one of its hidden attributes, it gets better/slicker the following day. Kind of funny the way that happens. What you are seeing is the products interaction with the surface layers, curing.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:28 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dannyboy10
Zaino is very good and has excellent durability. I gave up on it because I had to wait too long for it to haze, especially in humid or cool weather.
ZFX flash cure additive solves that problem.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:32 AM
Burning Brakes

Talking

Originally Posted by dannyboy10
I found it a little strange users were bragging they have 20-30 coats on their cars
I have not heard that one before. I usually do 2 or 3 coats and it looks fantastic and lasts a very long time. As for the price, a little goes a very long way. I guess the way I look at it is this, which I have heard Patrick say numerous times is: "Find a product you like which works well for you and stick with it".

I priced out other products including 4*/ Klasse, etc and found Zaino to be similar in price, plus I know I will get the desired results, plus it is super easy to work with.

Last edited by Gen4MDX; 03-19-2009 at 09:34 AM.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:51 AM
Racer

Hi tsturbo,

"ZFX" accelerates the cure time before the 2nd coat can be applied. For my needs in the NYC area, I did not want to wait for the Z2 to dry. It just took too long (for me) for it
to dry, even with a thin coat.

It was the most durable product I have used.

Check out a couple Corvette forums to see posts of people
putting on 20+ coats.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:58 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by tsturbo
I have not heard that one before. I usually do 2 or 3 coats and it looks fantastic and lasts a very long time. As for the price, a little goes a very long way. I guess the way I look at it is this, which I have heard Patrick say numerous times is: "Find a product you like which works well for you and stick with it".

I priced out other products including 4*/ Klasse, etc and found Zaino to be similar in price, plus I know I will get the desired results, plus it is super easy to work with.
Yeah, i have heard people using huge quantities (layers) of Z sealant and always wondered why they were using so much of a product that claimed to be so good. It just didnt make a lot of sense to me, but then again, I dont use Zaino, and I really have no authority in saying 15 coats looks better the 5.
Sometimes the most difficult part of being a true enthusiast, is just figuring out, what fulfills your criteria for "the best im going to achieve". I have found mine, but it took years! And it still gets a little tweaked every time something new comes along. But it seems like i always go back to my favorite mainstays.) Point being, as referred to earlier, if you have something you have found which meets your needs, STICK with it. If its easy for you to work with, and you understand its characteristics, theres no need for you to change your regimine.
If your always looking for something new to try, that should be a hint that your maybe not fully content with your current arsenal?
Old 03-19-2009, 10:48 AM
Suzuka Master

ZFX flash cure additive solves that problem.
And it also renders any leftover product not used useless if you can't use it all in a day or so.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:54 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by exceldetail
Yeah, i have heard people using huge quantities (layers) of Z sealant and always wondered why they were using so much of a product that claimed to be so good. It just didnt make a lot of sense to me, but then again, I dont use Zaino, and I really have no authority in saying 15 coats looks better the 5.
Sometimes the most difficult part of being a true enthusiast, is just figuring out, what fulfills your criteria for "the best im going to achieve". I have found mine, but it took years! And it still gets a little tweaked every time something new comes along. But it seems like i always go back to my favorite mainstays.) Point being, as referred to earlier, if you have something you have found which meets your needs, STICK with it. If its easy for you to work with, and you understand its characteristics, theres no need for you to change your regimine.
If your always looking for something new to try, that should be a hint that your maybe not fully content with your current arsenal?
Patrick I have had as many as 15 layers of Z2 on my Passat and maybe 8 on the TL at times .. these were applied over a period of a couple of weeks .. layer a day .. Diminishing returns start to set in about layer 4, so in reality for me the additional layers were more of a touchie feelie hands on thing ..

To be honest .. did 15 layers last longer .. dunno .. but I do know its gone by early March and the Klasse I used at 4 x on the trunk was still beading .. Klasse SG = more finiky to work with and waaaayyyy more cost effective ...

I have enought Z1 and Z2 for about 1 layer this spring then I'm off to either #105 or I might even hit you up for 4* for mine.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:26 AM
The Detailer

I definitely think there are some much better alternatives but if Zaino works for you, that's great. However, don't be closed-minded about trying other stuff out. What one product may work well, there may be another product that may work better... just something to think about.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:36 AM
He who laughs, last didnt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
blackfire and 4* is my choice of sealant.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:30 AM
Burning Brakes

Patrick I have had as many as 15 layers of Z2 on my Passat and maybe 8 on the TL at times .. these were applied over a period of a couple of weeks .. layer a day .. Diminishing returns start to set in about layer 4, so in reality for me the additional layers were more of a touchie feelie hands on thing ..

To be honest .. did 15 layers last longer .. dunno .. but I do know its gone by early March and the Klasse I used at 4 x on the trunk was still beading .. Klasse SG = more finiky to work with and waaaayyyy more cost effective ...

I have enought Z1 and Z2 for about 1 layer this spring then I'm off to either #105 or I might even hit you up for 4* for mine.
That is ridiculous and obsessive, 2-3 coats does the trick with Z6 spray in-between coats. Now I see why u think Zaino is expensive.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:35 AM
Burning Brakes

I dunno, it is really intresting to me on THESE AZ boards that there is not alot of love for Zaino products here, and while most of you are not coming out and bashing the product directly, you are certainly degrading it. I am wondering if this has something to do with an "official vendor" being an AZ member? I do not see this on other wash and wax boards and Zaino is a very highly regarded excellent product with stellar results, but you certainly would not know that reading this board.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:17 AM
Safety Car

i dont really think it has much to do with the official vendor, but zaino is a fine product, but just too expensive when there are many products that cost less and are just as good if not better....
Old 03-21-2009, 10:56 AM
Suzuka Master

That is ridiculous and obsessive, 2-3 coats does the trick with Z6 spray in-between coats. Now I see why u think Zaino is expensive.

I was refering to diminishing returns .. the expesne comes in when you add up the list of Zaino things people "think" they need to buy because of the cult following and the great marketing.

==================================================
tsturbo I dunno, it is really intresting to me on THESE AZ boards that there is not alot of love for Zaino products here, and while most of you are not coming out and bashing the product directly, you are certainly degrading it. I am wondering if this has something to do with an "official vendor" being an AZ member? I do not see this on other wash and wax boards and Zaino is a very highly regarded excellent product with stellar results, but you certainly would not know that reading this board.

No one is bashing it and its nothing to do with the "official" vendor here .. what is being said . and I say it from experience, is there is nothing wrong with the product at all and it works great but the "better" result , if any , than other high end sealant isn't justafiable for the $$ ..

Thier basic requirements will run you well over $100 . And people ar gullable enough to belive you need it all to make it work. In fact all you needed was the Z1 and Z2 ... and now they have eliminated the $15 Z1 so you have to buy the $25 ZFX.

And in reallity what is said by people say about how great it is in other boards does have to be taken with a grain of salt because no one really wants to admit they bought something that was more than they needed. Also Zaino is only as good as the prep under it. .

I have gotten Zaino results on my black Passat using Klasse SG for a lot less $$ and just as good a life if not better.

Old 03-21-2009, 11:14 AM
Instructor

And in reallity what is said by people say about how great it is in other boards does have to be taken with a grain of salt because no one really wants to admit they bought something that was more than they needed. Also Zaino is only as good as the prep under it. .

I agree.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:15 PM
Everyday Joe

I'm a big fan of Zaino and don't see the big cost in it. Then again, I don't purchase a ton of their products. I usually just use the core Z-2 and Z-5 w/the accelerator. I also use the Z-6 spray while I'm applying the Zaino but that is it.

I do have a couple of their other products (Grande Finale spray, tire dressing, Z-CS, etc.) but either only use them every once in a while or when I'm addressing a specific need.

I don't consider myself blind w/allegiance to Zaino, but I have not seen anything else that has the durability (I apply it 2x/yr) and the depth of shine that Zaino has. Does that mean that Zaino is "the" best? No, probably not, but I do appreciate what it does for me!
Old 03-21-2009, 12:23 PM
Former Sponsor

I dunno, it is really intresting to me on THESE AZ boards that there is not alot of love for Zaino products here, and while most of you are not coming out and bashing the product directly, you are certainly degrading it. I am wondering if this has something to do with an "official vendor" being an AZ member? I do not see this on other wash and wax boards and Zaino is a very highly regarded excellent product with stellar results, but you certainly would not know that reading this board.
Because its not the talk of the town here? Have you ever tried to get a word in edge wise in a forum where nothing but Zaino is touted? They're like animals! I have always felt as Jesstzn does about Zaino. Users will never admit there's something comparable, easier to use, for less money.
Whats important to me, to bring to this forum as an official vendor, is to get people who care about there cars appearance, to use something, and use it regularly. Next, find something easy to use, and use it regularly. Get a maintenance schedule down. Figure out your
weekly need to's, your twice monthly need to's and your once monthly needs to's. And stick to it.Then when you have time, and its economical, shop for a well liked, often referenced product, and give it a shot. And if you like it, stick with it!
When I got here a couple years ago, there were not a lot of people doing things the right way, all I did was coach em along. Im the last person who will sell something to someone, if they dont need it. Exceldetails detailing philosophy is rather simple, and it has something to do finding a product thats easy to use. If its hard to remove, apply, or you have to wait, chances are, your not going to use it often enough.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by keg1997
I'm a big fan of Zaino and don't see the big cost in it. Then again, I don't purchase a ton of their products. I usually just use the core Z-2 and Z-5 w/the accelerator. I also use the Z-6 spray while I'm applying the Zaino but that is it.

I do have a couple of their other products (Grande Finale spray, tire dressing, Z-CS, etc.) but either only use them every once in a while or when I'm addressing a specific need.

I don't consider myself blind w/allegiance to Zaino, but I have not seen anything else that has the durability (I apply it 2x/yr) and the depth of shine that Zaino has. Does that mean that Zaino is "the" best? No, probably not, but I do appreciate what it does for me!

Keg .. if you ever get a chance try the Klasse SG .. its not as user friendly as Z2 but once you get the hang of it it is expreemly close to the Zaino shine ( which is a more candy shine than a wet shine ) and its a lot less $$, goes further and last as long if not longer.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:19 PM
The Detailer

Don't get me wrong but Zaino is decent stuff but like I said before, there's better for cheaper out there. I mean no one mentions Zymol or Swissvax and those products are decent as well but just because we don't hear about them doesn't mean there isn't any love for them either.

I'm all for great products at a great price and not subpar products and high prices. It's all in the prep anyways...
Old 03-21-2009, 02:56 PM
Racer

My comments above were from a straightshooter....just my honest opinion. I happen to like Zaino...but it took too long
for it haze. Zymol Carbon was very good also, but the oils left on the paint were a dirt magnet.

I will post my honest opinion about Four Star UPP when I use it for the first time in the near future.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:22 AM
Everyday Joe

Keg .. if you ever get a chance try the Klasse SG .. its not as user friendly as Z2 but once you get the hang of it it is expreemly close to the Zaino shine ( which is a more candy shine than a wet shine ) and its a lot less $$, goes further and last as long if not longer.
I'll have to look into it and maybe grab some for my mother-in-laws car. She's my trial vehicle since....well, she's the MIL (a great one tho!) and not exactly a car buff