Who hates to clean windows?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2001, 06:23 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who hates to clean windows?

I used my absorber to dry the car and ussual, and while the windows were still damp wiped them down with a dry micro fiber towel, and the windows dreid clear and streak free with out chemiclas, one of the best 10 investments in my deatiling kit

------------------
2001 acura cl type-s
comming soon
2000 accord v6 sedan
1997 4runner
1992 camaro
1993 volvo 850
"THE GREATEST TRICK THE DEVIL EVER PULLED, WAS CONVINCING THE WORLD HE DIDN'T EXIST"
Old 05-13-2001, 08:43 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just ordered more microfibre towels for the windows and interior. I already have the microfibre mitt for interior dust pick up

Good stuff!

------------------
Silver 2001 CL-S with NAVI
  • Mud guards
  • Wheel locks
  • Toyo T1S 235/45ZR17-97W* Proxies on 17x8" SSR Competition wheels (48lbs less than stock)
  • Kevlar/SS Brake lines w/Brembos?
  • Comptech headers & sways
  • Silver AEM CAI
  • 10 coats of Zaino magic
Old 05-13-2001, 10:56 AM
Fastdriver

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NYREP1:
I used my absorber to dry the car and ussual, and while the windows were still damp wiped them down with a dry micro fiber towel, and the windows dreid clear and streak free with out chemiclas, one of the best 10 investments in my deatiling kit

</font>
Are these those new towels from Meguiars?

------------------
fastdriver
2001 San Marino Red w/parchment interior. [*]Mudguards[*]Bra[*]No nav.[*]No spoiler.[*]Lojack[*]Four coats of Zaino Z2/Z6 and two of Z5/Z6 so far! That red is gleaming![*] Number 34331.[*]Built 3/01.[*]Bought 3/28/01
fastdriver's CL without Zaino!
fastdriver's CL with 3 coats of Zaino and the last two with 4 coats of Z-2/Z-6
Click here if Yahoo photos don't work.
fastdriver's previous cars. The 300M has Zaino.

Accept mediocrity and that's all you'll ever get!
Old 05-16-2001, 10:07 PM
Suzuka Master

You can get them around.

Classic Motoring Accessories has them. Here is a search page. I just ordered some more for glass, general purpose, and interior (I still use the big cotton bath sheets for my Zaino):

http://st23.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/nsearc...2Fnsearch.html

------------------
  • Mud guards
  • Wheel locks
  • Toyo T1S 235/45ZR17-97W* Proxies on 17x8" SSR Competition wheels (48lbs less than stock)
  • Silver AEM CAI
Old 05-19-2001, 01:35 PM
Fastdriver

Just bought the Absorber yesterday and washed the car. Still withholding my opinion. It does get up all the big water on the first wipe, but I found myself going over the same spots again and again so that there was no water left. Maybe I don't have the hang of it yet. Plus, it was cloudy, so I don't know if I had left those areas that had a little water left on them if they would be clean or if they would be spotted. I'll try again today since it rained about 50 drops last night when I was out. Then again, with the Zaino, the car is probably still clean. I'll see when I get it out of the garage if I can pull myself away from this keyboard.

BTW- The Absorber was $9.99 at AutoZone.

------------------
fastdriver
2001 San Marino Red w/parchment interior. [*]Mudguards[*]Bra[*]No nav.[*]No spoiler.[*]Lojack[*]Four coats of Zaino Z2/Z6 and three of Z5/Z6 so far! That red is gleaming![*] Number 34331.[*]Built 3/01.[*]Bought 3/28/01
Bra pics 5/13/01.

Old 05-19-2001, 03:01 PM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fastdriver:
Just bought the Absorber yesterday and washed the car. Still withholding my opinion. It does get up all the big water on the first wipe, but I found myself going over the same spots again and again so that there was no water left. Maybe I don't have the hang of it yet. Plus, it was cloudy, so I don't know if I had left those areas that had a little water left on them if they would be clean or if they would be spotted. I'll try again today since it rained about 50 drops last night when I was out. Then again, with the Zaino, the car is probably still clean. I'll see when I get it out of the garage if I can pull myself away from this keyboard.

BTW- The Absorber was $9.99 at AutoZone.

</font>

Comment:

Since I have the P21 Absorber, the "Absorber", and the Cali Water blade I hope I can add a comment or three...

(My opinions...)

The water blade seems to "move" the most water in the quickest period of time; I use it to really get the water off the car (as fast as possible).

I follow-up with the P21 Absorber to get the water that would be difficult for the blade to get to. It does help to squeeze the water out of either absorber once they get saturated.

Once I am finished, there are always a few water drips that will continue for the next 5 to 10 minutes. I just mop those guys up with the absorber (the P21 and the Absorber are more similar than different).

Any tiny water spots come up with a few quick shots of Z6. Car is now ready. Or I will give it a "full" Z6 (or Z6/Z2/Z6) to make sure the road grime will slide off the car (if going on a road trip, etc).

------------------
  • Mud guards
  • Wheel locks
  • Silver AEM CAI

[This message has been edited by EricL (edited 05-19-2001).]
Old 05-19-2001, 10:32 PM
Fastdriver

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by EricL:

Comment:

The water blade seems to "move" the most water in the quickest period of time; I use it to really get the water off the car (as fast as possible).

</font>
Some other tricks are to run the hose over the car WITHOUT the nozzle on. This eliminates a lot of water. You can also use a ShopVac to blow the water out of all the nooks and crannies or just take a QUICK ride around the block like I usually do.

------------------
fastdriver
2001 San Marino Red w/parchment interior. [*]Mudguards[*]Bra[*]No nav.[*]No spoiler.[*]Lojack[*]Four coats of Zaino Z2/Z6 and three of Z5/Z6 so far! That red is gleaming![*] Number 34331.[*]Built 3/01.[*]Bought 3/28/01
Bra pics 5/13/01.

Old 05-21-2001, 08:18 PM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fastdriver:
Some other tricks are to run the hose over the car WITHOUT the nozzle on. This eliminates a lot of water. You can also use a ShopVac to blow the water out of all the nooks and crannies or just take a QUICK ride around the block like I usually do.

</font>
I get more dirt on the car by doing the stuff (driving around, shop vacs, etc) you mentioned. I just grab one of my smaller "Supima" towels and go over the "dry" drip marks with the Zaino Z6 and I'm done.

BTW -- I never use a nozzle "on" when washing the car. I wet the car with something resembling a mist. I don't like the idea of blasting the car with a high pressure nozzle.

------------------
  • Mud guards
  • Wheel locks
  • Silver AEM CAI

[This message has been edited by EricL (edited 05-21-2001).]