White Wax Paste

Old 03-22-2016, 12:16 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
White Wax Paste

So my TL Type S is white diamond pearl and my friend told me about this White Wax Paste and I have been considering it after reading some reviews on it and what it can do for the car. Just wanted to see what you guys think about it or if anybody on the forum has actually used it before. To me i always thought WAX was WAX but now that they have one just for the color white it got me thinking.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-23-2016, 07:16 AM
Pro

Received 165 Likes on 135 Posts
I'll re-quote myself:

Originally Posted by ulrblitzer
I find the majority of those color specific waxes and detailing products use color as a filler and don't really fix the problem. They eventually wear off or fade and you are back at square 1. A proper compound and polish is still your best bet at fixing the eyesores appropriately.
Old 03-23-2016, 10:50 AM
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
^^^ X2

Just get some Collinite 845 as an LSP and call it a day...
Old 03-23-2016, 02:40 PM
Pro

Received 232 Likes on 165 Posts
As far as I know, the stuff that makes liquid wax "pasty" always drys white. That is why I only use liquid waxes and never get a white residue. For example use Meguiars NXT Liquid and not NXT paste. The results will be the same, but without residue. I think some old-timers are under the impression that if you work harder to apply a product, it must be giving better results.

So, since you have a white car, you can use any paste wax you choose. I would suggest you get a premium wax/sealant rather than looking for one that says "Formulated For White Cars". Better yet, use a liquid product to avoid getting residue in small cracks. Even if the residue is white on a white car, it still isn't attractive.

Last edited by RDX-Rick; 03-23-2016 at 02:43 PM.
Old 03-23-2016, 03:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,987 Likes on 1,411 Posts
Originally Posted by Pilmo
So my TL Type S is white diamond pearl and my friend told me about this White Wax Paste and I have been considering it after reading some reviews on it and what it can do for the car. Just wanted to see what you guys think about it or if anybody on the forum has actually used it before. To me i always thought WAX was WAX but now that they have one just for the color white it got me thinking.

Thanks in advance.
It's all about the prep work and the quality of the sealant/wax used. I love blackfire Wet Diamond on almost any color car. Supreme gloss and wetness. For a topper I apply Zaino Z-6 Quick detail spray.

Other recommendations:
https://acurazine.com/forums/wash-wa...ax-wdp-857293/