White Car - Zaino worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 11:00 PM
Sig Rho's Finest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
White Car - Zaino worth it?

I know that this product is a killer on dark colors but on a white car would it really be that big of a difference from NXT? i figured i would ask the Q before i buy it.

i usually clay and wax with NXT and have a good outcome but being a white car it never pops.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:37 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by NYZGREATST
I know that this product is a killer on dark colors but on a white car would it really be that big of a difference from NXT? i figured i would ask the Q before i buy it.

i usually clay and wax with NXT and have a good outcome but being a white car it never pops.
Yes. I am not a big fan of Zaino, but I have used both NXT and Zaino on a white car (a Mazda 6) and there is a HUGE difference in both the results and durability.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:27 AM
The Old Grey Whistle Test

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Before the advent of Zaino's Clear Seal I would have said no

Light coloured paint:
Lighter colour paints (i.e. Silver, White, etc (the exception is speed yellow) will never obtain jetting (the so called ‘wet-look’) of black or dark colours as they do not exhibit visible depth, light colours tends to refract light instead of reflecting it. You can obtain a good gloss provided the paint is good quality and if it’s prepared and detailed correctly; washed, cleaned, polished and a polymer sealant added (Zaino, Klasse AIO and SG, Jeffswerkstatt - Acrylic Jett ) these sealants will provide a flat silvery-white shine, but without ‘depth’. By adding Zaino Clear Sael (Z-CS) or a Carnauba wax as an LSP (Pinnacle Souverän Paste Carnauba or Autoglym Super Resin Polish) the oils that are formulated in the Carnauba waxes provide a reflective gloss, which causes jetting (a ‘wetting’ of the surface) For optimal results the surface of a light coloured paint to show gloss is very much dependant upon good / excellent paint condition, adequately prepped to remove contaminants and minor imperfections. Detailer’s clay (Sonus SFX Ultra-Fine Detailing Clay Bar) and / or Paint cleaner (Zaino PC or Klasse AIO) should be a regular part of the preparation process.

Zaino Clear Seal Clear Seal Application:
Like all Zaino products I cannot emphasise enough. ‘Apply products very sparingly’
Z-CS is a self curing optically clear sealer
•Use the new Zaino cotton applicator that comes with your Z-CS order.
•Mist the applicator once or twice lightly
•Lightly mist the centre of the panel
•Work into the panel with 5-6 passes per section using back and forth motions (in direction of air flow)
•Use very light pressure, gliding the applicator over the panel
•Z-CS Clear Seal dries clean and ‘optically clear’ in approx.15 - 30 minutes (65° F - 21°C) and typically 2 – 6 hours to cross-link depending on atmospheric conditions.
•Once Z-CS is thoroughly dry use Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal
Old 04-03-2007, 03:03 AM
The Old Grey Whistle Test

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by TOGWT
Before the advent of Zaino's Clear Seal I would have said no

Light coloured paint:
Lighter colour paints (i.e. Silver, White, etc (the exception is speed yellow) will never obtain jetting (the so called ‘wet-look’) of black or dark colours as they do not exhibit visible depth, light colours tends to refract light instead of reflecting it. You can obtain a good gloss provided the paint is good quality and if it’s prepared and detailed correctly; washed, cleaned, polished and a polymer sealant added (Zaino, Klasse AIO and SG, Jeffswerkstatt - Acrylic Jett ) these sealants will provide a flat silvery-white shine, but without ‘depth’. By adding Zaino Clear Sael (Z-CS) or a Carnauba wax as an LSP (Pinnacle Souverän Paste Carnauba or Autoglym Super Resin Polish) the oils that are formulated in the Carnauba waxes provide a reflective gloss, which causes jetting (a ‘wetting’ of the surface) For optimal results the surface of a light coloured paint to show gloss is very much dependant upon good / excellent paint condition, adequately prepped to remove contaminants and minor imperfections. Detailer’s clay (Sonus SFX Ultra-Fine Detailing Clay Bar) and / or Paint cleaner (Zaino PC or Klasse AIO) should be a regular part of the preparation process.

Zaino Clear Seal Clear Seal Application:
Like all Zaino products I cannot emphasise enough. ‘Apply products very sparingly’
Z-CS is a self curing optically clear sealer
•Use the new Zaino cotton applicator that comes with your Z-CS order.
•Mist the applicator once or twice lightly
•Lightly mist the centre of the panel
•Work into the panel with 5-6 passes per section using back and forth motions (in direction of air flow)
•Use very light pressure, gliding the applicator over the panel
•Z-CS Clear Seal dries clean and ‘optically clear’ in approx.15 - 30 minutes (65° F - 21°C) and typically 2 – 6 hours to cross-link depending on atmospheric conditions.
•Once Z-CS is thoroughly dry use Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal
Z-CS on a white car - http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-p...no-aio-cs.html
Old 04-03-2007, 07:52 AM
Fuct in the hed!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I use PoorBoys SSR 2.5, ClearKote Vanilla Moose, then top it with PoorBoys Natty Wax, then top that with PoorBoys EX-P.....My White Cobra looks just painted.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:20 PM
Sig Rho's Finest

hey nicky, you got pictures?
Old 04-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Bagel Bomber

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
This is my car, not a great shot, but

its Washed, Clayed, Polished w. Optimum Compound, Two layers of 4 Star Sealant, and topped with Aqua Wax.

Loooooove Aqua Wax
Old 04-03-2007, 04:53 PM
Bagel Bomber

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You're going to find that everyone has the so called "perfect combo" but the combo's are endless, and as Pat (exceldetail) would say your prep work lends to about 95% of you're final out come.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very. very. very NICE!
Old 04-04-2007, 08:36 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
To specifically answer your question, OP, I am a regular Zaino fan and have a black TL. The protection and durability can't be beat but I have to follow up with a final something to get some depth to the shine. This BECAUSE of the black color. It leaves a nice, glossy finish but it lacks depth and seems a touch "silvery".

I believe that Zaino would do even better on lighter colored surfaces. On white or silver, the "silvery" thing would not be an issue. Black is difficult. It's beautiful, but high maintenance.

OT: Zaino's Leather in a Bottle is the best leather conditioner I have found and smells like a saddle shop. Our Acura leather is "thirsty" and needs conditioning often to prevent cracking and wear. In Florida, that means about once a month.

Old 04-04-2007, 09:54 AM
Fuct in the hed!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NYZGREATST
hey nicky, you got pictures?

Old 04-12-2007, 01:58 AM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by Xpditor
To specifically answer your question, OP, I am a regular Zaino fan and have a black TL. The protection and durability can't be beat but I have to follow up with a final something to get some depth to the shine. This BECAUSE of the black color. It leaves a nice, glossy finish but it lacks depth and seems a touch "silvery".

I believe that Zaino would do even better on lighter colored surfaces. On white or silver, the "silvery" thing would not be an issue. Black is difficult. It's beautiful, but high maintenance.

OT: Zaino's Leather in a Bottle is the best leather conditioner I have found and smells like a saddle shop. Our Acura leather is "thirsty" and needs conditioning often to prevent cracking and wear. In Florida, that means about once a month.

result came out great.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:53 AM
5o9
'05 TSX 6MT

That tl is sweet!

I have learned to love them after looking at the dark colors.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
I've Zaino'd my mom's white 85 accord. That bitch was shiny after I got done. Always zaino'd my silver cars & those as well always shined up great. Not sure what the talk is about with light colors.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:46 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
Zaino x 4 topped with #16

Old 04-14-2007, 12:43 PM
mmmmmm....

Originally Posted by Jesstzn
Zaino x 4 topped with #16

Wow, nice!! stupid Seattle... weather sucks so bad right now.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:17 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
Here is fresh Zaino Z2 x 2 and topped with Klasse SG x 2

The house reflection in the door is about 300 feet away.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:15 AM
mmmmmm....

^^ clean... bling bling.