Water stain...

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 11:47 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Water stain...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During the day i tilted open my sun roof to let some of the heat escape... It started pouring in one of Miami's infamous thunder storms and some water leaked in. Now I have a water stain on the interior liner of the sunroof...

Does anyone know how to get the stain out of the ivory interior?

Thanks in advance...

THE SPAZZZ
Old 08-30-2005, 08:18 AM
The Old Grey Whistle Test

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
e) Headliners:
Require special care and attention, as cloth type headliners are assembled with foam backing and usually glued to a fibre roof panel. If the headliner becomes wet, it can cause the head liner to delaminate and fall down. An interior cleaner (303 TM Fabric & Vinyl Cleaner) should be used. Spray onto a terry towel and wipe very gently (wipe away from the water spot toward a seam or outer edge)

Do not spray products directly onto head lining. Wipe lightly making sure not to leave headliner wet. Inspect and re-clean as necessary. It is better to clean twice, rather than to allow the head liner to get too wet. An alcohol based aerosol glass cleaner may also work for this operation because of its quick evaporation. Vinyl headliners should be cleaned the same way.
Methodology
·Lightly brush the headliner with a natural-latex sponge or a horsehair brush, they have very soft bristles that are gentle and is specially made for headliners or leather surfaces, this will loosen dust / dirt and make vacuuming easier (for very light dust or lint use a rolling lint brush)
·Do not use a stiff brush as you may snag or tear the headliner material
·Lightly vacuum the headliner to remove loose dust
·Spray 303 CM Cleaner & Spot Remover on to a 100% cotton terry towel
·Cleaning the headliner a quarter section at a time, use very light and even pressure on the towel to work the cleaner into the fabric. Do not saturate the material or use much pressure on the towel
·Use a fresh, clean damp, 100% cotton terry towel to remove the soil / dirt
·Frequently rinse the towel in clean warm water to ensure all dirt I soil is removed
If the vehicle is fitted with a sunroof, open it a couple of inches, as dust builds up at the front edge. Clean this area before closing the sunroof and proceeding to the rear of the sunroof.
JonM