Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 03:56 AM
The Detailer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool, some more positive results!
Old 03-22-2009, 04:46 AM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm stoked on this product...but got to wait to order it when I have something else to order...

Maybe...

If there happened to be a sale on the monterey waffle weave...just maybe.
Old 03-22-2009, 03:34 PM
2016 E350 Sport

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by exceldetail
Yeah baby!! I showed a detailer TS yesterday, whom I regularly supply products to his company. Not knowing what I was getting into, I said "Sako, this is after 3 weeks", and rubbed my fingers across and showed him.......nothing, nothing was there. Dust doesnt even adhere.
Steve, I hope your as satisfied with this as I am......Im still super stoked! Wooooot!
Yup, Patrick.

I found myself this morning going out into the garage and wiping my finger on the tire again.
Old 03-22-2009, 03:53 PM
2016 E350 Sport

Originally Posted by SLAKERZ
^^^Sweet. THanks for sharing. Looks hot with the A-specs!

I'm at my 2 weeks now without a wash and my tires are taking a beating from my 60 mile overall daily commute). Every morning I leave the house, they look really fresh still with a shimmer. The glossy/wetness is now subsided similar to Pat's initial pics in this update thread. Despite that, it's really clean! My rears are looking better than my fronts I'm assuming because of heavier brake dust in the front. (Stinking traffic .) When I wipe my finger in the front, there's some dust/dirt, but no slingy/oily dirt. When I wipe my finger in the rear, there's close to no dirtiness on my finger at all. I'll try and get some update pics, but there's a chance of a storm passing by tomorrow morning. So far still satisfied >)
I split time between my Civic and the TL-S. I have an 80 mile commute each day. No kidding about the road grime that normally builds up. While I was in the garage I was bending over the hood of my car and my white sock touched the tire. Normally, this would be a "Awe S**T!" moment. There was no trace of anything on the sock.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
So , so far, happy camper? I know its only been a few days but I get excited with this stuff......
Old 03-22-2009, 05:04 PM
2016 E350 Sport

So , so far, happy camper? I know its only been a few days but I get excited with this stuff......
So far so good. I'll report back after a couple of weeks or normal wear and tear. Even if you have to reapply after a couple of weeks this product will put a hurt on the competition.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:10 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
i think im going to get some this weekend. I think i need to order some more stuff too looks like I will be checking out Patricks website this week to see what I need.

Buying a buffer soon too yES cant wait!
Old 03-22-2009, 10:15 PM
CITIUS::INFERIUS::FORTIUS

Alright my friends... here's some 2 week update pics after applying Tuff Shine. Keep in mind I drive a 60 mile overall daily commute and have not washed the car in the 2 weeks...

My rims really need some tuff shine hahaha. Brake dust is killer.

Rear

Trying to be like Pat

Clean Success!

I'm interested in what happens after a wash (probably next week). I'm guessing a wash would get rid of the minimal surface dust/dirt and leave the coat of Tuff Shine on. Any tips on reapplication/touch-up Pat?
Old 03-22-2009, 11:19 PM

Looks good man.

Thanks for the update.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:32 AM
The Detailer

Looks pretty good still after two weeks. Thanks for the update!
Old 03-27-2009, 09:02 PM
Team Owner

bump this up so i can remember to buy some on monday b4 April 1st
Old 03-27-2009, 09:07 PM

^ Ha ha.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:50 PM
The Detailer

Buy it now before you get! That's exactly what I did. No sense in prolonging the long-awaited awesome tire shine!
Old 04-01-2009, 11:56 PM
Former Sponsor

For those who have purchased Tuf Shine recently, how about some updates guys!!
Old 04-02-2009, 12:00 AM
Team Owner

O shoooott!!! i forgot! dang 1% sales tax FTL o well..

o well ill get some, so i just order of your site patrick there is no promo codes or anything right?
Old 04-02-2009, 02:09 AM
The Detailer

Originally Posted by 03TL_typeS
O shoooott!!! i forgot! dang 1% sales tax FTL o well..

o well ill get some, so i just order of your site patrick there is no promo codes or anything right?
Just your member discount!

I haven't had the chance to use it Pat, I just got it a couple days ago. I'll have some time to try it out this Saturday though.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 03TL_typeS
Check my signature........
Old 04-02-2009, 01:03 PM
Team Owner

^ok cool. I had to go back because I dont have the signatures..
Old 04-07-2009, 08:09 AM
contemplating future mods

Received 132 Likes on 94 Posts
I'm going to order myself some of that... I'll post some pics after all is said and done.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:01 PM
2016 E350 Sport

Tuf-Shine 2-Week Update!!!

I finally got a chance to post my two week update for Tuf-Shine. It has been an interesting 3-4 weeks as well. I initially had some bonding issues with the new tires I purchased after my first application of Tuf-Shine 3-4 weeks ago. The tires looks great but after I arrived at the job the next day I noticed that 20-30% of the Tuf-Shine simply disappeared! No, it did not sling on to the car. Remember, this stuff dries such that there is NO sling. I was proudly showing one of my co-workers and he was like “Uh….are you sure you put it on the tires?” I took a second look and said S**T! “Whah Hahppen?”

I then called up Tuf-Shine and spoke to Bob. I detailed what happened and Bob was as shocked as I was. Apparently, this is the first time a bonding issue has been reported. I also contacted Patrick from Exceldetail to inform him since he is my local distributor. Patrick was also miffed and suggested I return the remaining Tuf-Shine for a refund if I could not get it to work. This is how Patrick normally operates his business but….“Not so fast Patrick!” Bob from Tuf-Shine was very concerned about the issue and we both agreed to reclean the tires using the Tuf-Shine cleaner and reapply the clear coat dressing. I drove to work the next day and found that I had 3 good tires and 1 bad tire. I called Bob again and we went over several possible scenarios from types of tire compounds and previous tire dressings. At this point, we were both scratching our head. Bob was upset that his product was not working for me, Patrick was concerned that I was having issues, and I was baffled why 3 of 4 tires looked great and 1 tire was giving me grief.

Since I had 3 tires that looked great I knew that I could get the 4th looking great as well. I am a little thick headed when I put my mind around something I feel positive about. Tuf-Shine is such a product. I informed Bob and Patrick that I would give this another shot. After I got home from work, I removed the problem tire from the car and proceeded to reclean the tire 2 more times using the supplied Tuf-Shine cleaner and reapply the clear coat dressing. Success!!!

I still can not tell what the issue was but now that all 4 tires are good I am really happy with this product. Over the past couple of weeks, I cleaned the wheels and tires twice using ONRWS since it has been raining. Very little, if any, of the Tuf-Shine clear coating has diminished in shine or durability. After the second ONRWS, I applied another coat of the clear coat for comparison. The tires are noticeably brighter but the tires looked great prior to the second application of the clear coat. I have attached a few pics of the tires to show how good the tires look after two weeks of normal wear and tear.

I highly recommend the Tuf-Shine tire product for the following reasons:
  1. Tuf-Shine dries such that there is no oily residue and it does not attract road grime. The tires look wet but I can still wipe my finger on the sidewall with zero residue. COOL!
  2. Tuf-Shine still looks great after two weeks. I would not be surprised if another application of the clear coat is not required after 4 weeks.

NOTE:

3. Patrick stands by the products that he sells through Exceldetail. His customer service is the primary reason why I will continue to purchase detailing products from Exceldetail.
  4. Bob at Tuf-Shine also stands by his product line. He is also considering purchasing the same model tire that I have to continue researching the issue. Hats off to Bob and his team at Tuf-Shine!

Rear Tire

Rear Tire Closeup

Front Tire
Old 04-11-2009, 08:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Damn excellent review Stephen! Im so happy and relieved things are working out for you.
Everytime you snap a photo of that TL, Im in awe.........Im not sure what Im more fond of, your detailing work, or your camera work. The Tires look awesome!
For those of you who havent tried TS yet, your in for a suprise, its really like nothing you have ever tried........
And like SweetJazz stated, I will stand by this product 100%! Its that good.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:58 PM
Detail Cars in Philly in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
dam those wheels are beautiful lol

i'll def be pickin some of this stuff up on my next order from patrick!!
Old 04-11-2009, 11:06 PM
Need more room in

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Will be trying this out my next wash
Old 04-11-2009, 11:29 PM
The Detailer

Dang, I was about to use it today and I forgot that you have to use the TS cleaner in order to apply the TS tire sealant. Oh well, next time!
Old 04-12-2009, 12:22 AM
2016 E350 Sport

Damn excellent review Stephen! Im so happy and relieved things are working out for you.
Everytime you snap a photo of that TL, Im in awe.........Im not sure what Im more fond of, your detailing work, or your camera work. The Tires look awesome!
For those of you who havent tried TS yet, your in for a suprise, its really like nothing you have ever tried........
And like SweetJazz stated, I will stand by this product 100%! Its that good.
Thanks Patrick.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Pro

SweetJazz, I have those exact same tires as my spring setup. and I recently purchased the TS from Patrick. hopefully I will be trying this out within the week or by next weekend. I will provide details of my attempts too.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:37 AM
The Detailer

I had a chance to wash the Toyota Tacoma and applied TSTS. I actually DIDN'T follow the directions as I used ARO to remove the first layer of grime and followed up with the TS tire cleaner as the second step of cleaning (I was trying to conserve TS tire cleaner). After that, I very generously applied the tire sealant and the results looked pretty good but it was getting pretty late out and I couldn't see much.

I'll check it out in the morning and do a swipe test if time allows so, maybe even a few pictures too.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:10 PM
2016 E350 Sport

Originally Posted by TSXHunter05
SweetJazz, I have those exact same tires as my spring setup. and I recently purchased the TS from Patrick. hopefully I will be trying this out within the week or by next weekend. I will provide details of my attempts too.
TSXHunter05,

Since you have the same tires, I would perform two good cleanings using the Tuf-Shine cleaner just as a precaution. Also, make sure you use a stiff tire brush and a stiff detail brush specifically for the the diagonal ribs on the sidewall. You need to make sure that every part of the tire that will see the clear coat is properly cleaned. I made sure there was no residual tire cleaner by using the tire brush as I rinsed the tires. Finally, use a generous amount of clear coat. It sort of foams up using the supplied sponge but you want to make sure that every indentation, rib, and raised lettering is covered. The clear coat dries pretty fast but make sure you brush out any excess clear coat that gets caught in the outer tread before you drive. Enjoy your tires!
Old 04-13-2009, 02:26 PM
No room in

I've ordered new tires and wheels as well as some TS from exceldetail , and I have a question. Should I wait until I've broken them in a bit to clean them and apply the sealant? I'm not sure how chemicals on the new tires could affect it.

In a non-thread-related aside, should I put wheel sealant on the new wheels immediately?
Old 04-13-2009, 03:17 PM
2016 E350 Sport

Originally Posted by Takran
I've ordered new tires and wheels as well as some TS from exceldetail , and I have a question. Should I wait until I've broken them in a bit to clean them and apply the sealant? I'm not sure how chemicals on the new tires could affect it.

In a non-thread-related aside, should I put wheel sealant on the new wheels immediately?
I have never heard of a "cure time" for tires. If you know you are going to use the Tuf-Shine then I would not apply any tire protectant. Just clean the new tires with the supplied cleaner and apply the cler coat. If there is going to be a long time gap between mounting the tires and applying the Tuf-Shine then I would only add a mild protectant like 303 Aerospace Protectant. This stuff comes off easily with soap and water.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:55 PM

Awesomeness with the update.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:48 PM
WIP-Work in Progress

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by SweetJazz
I finally got a chance to post my two week update for Tuf-Shine. It has been an interesting 3-4 weeks as well. I initially had some bonding issues with the new tires I purchased after my first application of Tuf-Shine 3-4 weeks ago. The tires looks great but after I arrived at the job the next day I noticed that 20-30% of the Tuf-Shine simply disappeared! No, it did not sling on to the car. Remember, this stuff dries such that there is NO sling. I was proudly showing one of my co-workers and he was like “Uh….are you sure you put it on the tires?” I took a second look and said S**T! “Whah Hahppen?”

I then called up Tuf-Shine and spoke to Bob. I detailed what happened and Bob was as shocked as I was. Apparently, this is the first time a bonding issue has been reported. I also contacted Patrick from Exceldetail to inform him since he is my local distributor. Patrick was also miffed and suggested I return the remaining Tuf-Shine for a refund if I could not get it to work. This is how Patrick normally operates his business but….“Not so fast Patrick!” Bob from Tuf-Shine was very concerned about the issue and we both agreed to reclean the tires using the Tuf-Shine cleaner and reapply the clear coat dressing. I drove to work the next day and found that I had 3 good tires and 1 bad tire. I called Bob again and we went over several possible scenarios from types of tire compounds and previous tire dressings. At this point, we were both scratching our head. Bob was upset that his product was not working for me, Patrick was concerned that I was having issues, and I was baffled why 3 of 4 tires looked great and 1 tire was giving me grief.

Since I had 3 tires that looked great I knew that I could get the 4th looking great as well. I am a little thick headed when I put my mind around something I feel positive about. Tuf-Shine is such a product. I informed Bob and Patrick that I would give this another shot. After I got home from work, I removed the problem tire from the car and proceeded to reclean the tire 2 more times using the supplied Tuf-Shine cleaner and reapply the clear coat dressing. Success!!!

I still can not tell what the issue was but now that all 4 tires are good I am really happy with this product. Over the past couple of weeks, I cleaned the wheels and tires twice using ONRWS since it has been raining. Very little, if any, of the Tuf-Shine clear coating has diminished in shine or durability. After the second ONRWS, I applied another coat of the clear coat for comparison. The tires are noticeably brighter but the tires looked great prior to the second application of the clear coat. I have attached a few pics of the tires to show how good the tires look after two weeks of normal wear and tear.

I highly recommend the Tuf-Shine tire product for the following reasons:
  1. Tuf-Shine dries such that there is no oily residue and it does not attract road grime. The tires look wet but I can still wipe my finger on the sidewall with zero residue. COOL!
  2. Tuf-Shine still looks great after two weeks. I would not be surprised if another application of the clear coat is not required after 4 weeks.

NOTE:

3. Patrick stands by the products that he sells through Exceldetail. His customer service is the primary reason why I will continue to purchase detailing products from Exceldetail.
  4. Bob at Tuf-Shine also stands by his product line. He is also considering purchasing the same model tire that I have to continue researching the issue. Hats off to Bob and his team at Tuf-Shine!

So I just had the same issue as you.... But I have Falken 912 tires. The front passenger driver does not shine as the other tires and I'm having some minor flaking, which the product said would occur if the tires were not cleaned properly. However, I did clean the tires with the Tuff&Shine until I had white suds. SO i'm not quite sure why it did not adhere very well to that one tire. I'm going to try and clean that tire again and reapply. I've provide an update, but so far I like this product.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:08 PM
2016 E350 Sport

Originally Posted by 03tlCHARCOL
So I just had the same issue as you.... But I have Falken 912 tires. The front passenger driver does not shine as the other tires and I'm having some minor flaking, which the product said would occur if the tires were not cleaned properly. However, I did clean the tires with the Tuff&Shine until I had white suds. SO i'm not quite sure why it did not adhere very well to that one tire. I'm going to try and clean that tire again and reapply. I've provide an update, but so far I like this product.
03tlCHARCOL,

I ended up cleaning one of my tires 4 times before the sealant worked. It is probably something in the tire compound that Falken uses. I have not heard of anyone else having this type of problem. I would clean that 4th tire at least two more times. I ended up just taking the 4th tire off of my car so that I could get every nook and cranny. Also, if the tire has alot of ribs like the FK452's then you should get a toothbrush to scrub them. Your side of the tire should absolutely be a flat dull gray with no dark or shiny areas. Dark areas or shiny areas need to be recleaned. Let us know how it goes.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:40 AM
WIP-Work in Progress

Originally Posted by SweetJazz
03tlCHARCOL,

I ended up cleaning one of my tires 4 times before the sealant worked. It is probably something in the tire compound that Falken uses. I have not heard of anyone else having this type of problem. I would clean that 4th tire at least two more times. I ended up just taking the 4th tire off of my car so that I could get every nook and cranny. Also, if the tire has alot of ribs like the FK452's then you should get a toothbrush to scrub them. Your side of the tire should absolutely be a flat dull gray with no dark or shiny areas. Dark areas or shiny areas need to be recleaned. Let us know how it goes.
Thanks for the heads up. I just finished cleaning and dressing the tire again. It was getting dark so I wasn't able to see the final gloss. I did use a steel/brass brush this time and finished it off with a stiff tire brush and I scrubbed 5 times lol! Hopefully I will get better results.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:10 AM
Drifting

That's strange results with the Falkens. It took me 3 cleanings on my tires made by Hancook and that was after they sat in a garage for 2 years + were driven for a few weeks w/o any protection. I haven't had any problem with the clear and it looks great over a week later.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:02 AM
zaino'd

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Damn these great products never stop! Will try this after my Z-16.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:26 AM
Drifting

Nothing beats the confidence of buying products that were tested by an experienced detailer first. I believe Patrick has used everything he sells correct?
Old 06-04-2009, 11:33 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Josh99CL
Nothing beats the confidence of buying products that were tested by an experienced detailer first. I believe Patrick has used everything he sells correct?
In one way or another, YES!
Old 06-04-2009, 11:38 PM
WIP-Work in Progress

So here's another update.That tire that I redid, well after one day it's looking dull on a few spots and flaking in b/t the ribs. I don't understand why all the tires do not have issues except for this one. I washed and scrubbed my tire 4 times, I also used a brass/steel brush as well. Any thoughts? Pat?
Old 06-04-2009, 11:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Dedrick, can you provide me with the tire model?
I think I know what it is, but I have a little research to conduct to confirm it.......In the meantime, do me a favor, apply additional TS on the faded area(s) and let me know what happens.....if 3 out of 4 look fine, something is definitely funky.....

Quick Reply: Tuf Shine Tire Sealant update