Spray On Wax

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 03:34 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
another question that may sound dumb...but can any of these spray on waxes be used in addition to Zaino treatments? i currently am using Z6 after washing for quick detailing...but would one of these be a replacement or better choice to even further enhance the durability and protection of the z5/z2 that is layered on the car?

thanks-
Old 07-27-2006, 06:48 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jlukja
What is the proper application technique for spray wax (Optimum Spray Wax specifically)? Thus far I've only used liquid wax and applicator. Here's some things I'd like to know:
How much do you spray on?
Does the surface need to be dry or can you do it right after rinse?
Do I need to worry about overspray onto black plastic trim, chrome, or windows?
Does it need curing time before removal?
How much? I usually use one squirt moving across a panel (I'll do half the hood with one spray).
Wet/Dry surface? I believe it was designed to be used on a dry surface.
Overspray? From the Optimum FAQ, What should I do if I spray Optimum Car Wax on my black trim?
No problem. Since Optimum Car Wax has no abrasives, it will not cause damage to moldings or trims. In fact applying Optimum Car Wax on these surfaces will protect them as well.
Cure Time? None. Spray on/wipe off, you're done.

Originally Posted by paradigm
another question that may sound dumb...but can any of these spray on waxes be used in addition to Zaino treatments? i currently am using Z6 after washing for quick detailing...but would one of these be a replacement or better choice to even further enhance the durability and protection of the z5/z2 that is layered on the car?

thanks-
I don't see why not. The question would be a bonding issue because of the added carnuba in OCW and that would be better answered by members who use Zaino.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:32 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^^ Thank you sir.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:37 AM
06 ASM/Ebony 5AT

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Duragloss Aquawax. This is an amazing spray on wipe off product that produces the most incredibly slick, wet finish. It's very compatible, I have used it over Zaino, over the Duragloss sealant and over FinishKare sealants, also FK Pink Wax and Natty's Blue. I generally like to put some on after each wash. Takes about 10 minutes. Here are a couple of pics of my TSX with AW on top of Duragloss 105 sealant.

Old 07-29-2006, 09:47 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cmschwartz59
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Duragloss Aquawax. This is an amazing spray on wipe off product that produces the most incredibly slick, wet finish. It's very compatible, I have used it over Zaino, over the Duragloss sealant and over FinishKare sealants, also FK Pink Wax and Natty's Blue. I generally like to put some on after each wash. Takes about 10 minutes. Here are a couple of pics of my TSX with AW on top of Duragloss 105 sealant.
Well, probably because DG is kind of a newcommer, plus this thread has just arisen from the past. Its been in the dark for the last 8 months........

And, its available here..................
We add more Duragloss products every month!

Last edited by exceldetail; 07-29-2006 at 09:50 AM.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:11 AM
Safety Car

Patrick, is it more a QD/ID type product and can it be used as a standalone? Also how does it compare to OCW and UPPS in terms of slickness, shine and durability? I know it's inexpensive compared to those previously mentioned and may seem like a good alternative.

Last edited by Hawhyen51; 07-29-2006 at 10:14 AM.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:25 AM
Former Sponsor

Danny, its really quite impressive stuff. They recommend using it as a after wash, while wet, product. Ive witnessed some client cars who have used it exclusively as a LSP, and it feels awesome! They actually claimed to have layered it......O, and yes, the price is hard to beat.........
Old 07-29-2006, 12:59 PM
Instructor

it sounds like the Duragloss AquaWax would be a good replacement for Z6 after washing for Zaino users. possibly stick with Z6 between layers of Z5/Z2, etc...but use the AquaWax after regular washes with Z7.

my only question would be regarding future applications of Z5/Z2. after using a wax product, wouldn't you want to strip that off prior to reapplying more layers of Zaino?
Old 07-29-2006, 01:14 PM
Former Sponsor

More then likely para..........I know Z is very finicky when it comes to adhesion. Whether its myth or not, Im not sure, as i have never used Z before.....truth be told, the AW "feels" like a traditional wax layer, extremely slick, one of the slickest I have used. And it actually feels like a durable product, it will outlast most post wash spray waxes.
Old 07-29-2006, 02:15 PM
Safety Car

Thanks Patrick. One more discussion item. I'm really curious about the PBA 601. One thing bothers me and I'm not sure if I understand the context correctly..... "applied prior to polishing." Do they mean polishing as in removing blemishes (SMR) or polishing as in using a LSP (sealing)?
Old 07-29-2006, 07:40 PM
06 ASM/Ebony 5AT

The way I use the DG products is to wash, clay then polish if necessary. I use optimum polish. Then I will use a chemical type of paint cleaner like Klasse AIO or Duragloss's cleaner #652 (which is what I used this last detail). After removing that then I put on a layer of the 601 (the bonding agent) and DO NOT wipe it off. With that still on the car (it is a very fine haze) apply your DG sealant, like 111 or 105 then after it dries wipe off the whole mess. You can do a second layer of the 111 or 105 without having to do the 601 again. Then top off the whole thing with Aquawax. Stand back and enjoy the shine!
P.S. I found that the 652 was somewhat difficult to remove but I used DG Fast Clean and Shine spray to facilitate removal and it made it much easier.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:22 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Quick question....I detailed my car 2 months ago with one layer of AIO, 3 layers of SG, and one layer of Optimum Car Wax. I maintain every 2 weeks or so with a wash and Eagle One Wax As You Dry. Now, if I want to put another layer of Optimum Car Wax on, do I need to remove everything and start over? Or can I apply it on top of whatever is there now? How do I even know when I need to reapply that stuff?
Old 08-06-2006, 11:47 PM
Safety Car

You shouldn't have a problem applying another coat. I would wash and dry then follow with OCW in lieu of WAUD. OCW has better durability and shine in addition to UV protection.