Spent the day cleaning the KBP, still have spots...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 06:55 PM
The Kinetics of Bleu

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Spent the day cleaning the KBP, still have spots...

Well First I would like to say that I am pretty happy with how the car came out except that I still haven't removed my water spots. I started with a wash and clay using Right Look wash and medium clay. I then decided to try and tackle the water spots. I started with Denase water spot remover to no avail and I had already tried vinegar before. I then tried Optimum's Hyper compound on my high speed buffer with a synthetic wool pad and they weren't budging. At that point I aborted operation water spot removal and proceeded to clean and protect to avoid any further damage. I used Optimum compound on the rest of the car. I followed that up with Optimum's Polish II on my Cyclo dual head random orbital. Came out pretty good so I finished with Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection. It came out pretty damn good with the exceptionof the damn etched water spots Thanks Patrick for your help and quality products. I guess the next step will be some light wet-sanding. BTW this is before tire dressing, so just imagine how pretty it is now... LOL

Old 06-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,989 Likes on 1,412 Posts
can you take a picture of this spot? It sounds pretty beastly if it couldn't be removed with all that work...
Old 06-07-2009, 08:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Bretts an experienced detailer. If he cant remove water spots, there in for good.
Thats some good looking Kinetic Blue for sure though.....reminds me of the Subaru WRX STI Blue
Old 06-07-2009, 08:48 PM
The Kinetics of Bleu

Originally Posted by csmeance
can you take a picture of this spot? It sounds pretty beastly if it couldn't be removed with all that work...
I will try and get some pics tomorrow, unfortunately they are on most of the roof and trunklid.

Originally Posted by exceldetail
Bretts an experienced detailer. If he cant remove water spots, there in for good.
Thats some good looking Kinetic Blue for sure though.....reminds me of the Subaru WRX STI Blue
Thanks Patrick. It came out great I guess I was kinda hoping for a miracle with your the optimum products. They are quite good though. I really hate to have to wet-sand but I guess I gotta do it. I think I may need build a garage so it doesnot happen again. I guess I will do the work and make sure to stay on top of my paint protection...
Old 06-07-2009, 09:06 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice car man, sorry to hear about your water spot issues...I am very lucky to be able to have purchased a house with a garage.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:53 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
I don't know Brett-it looks damn good to me.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,989 Likes on 1,412 Posts
Originally Posted by TLAdvanced
I will try and get some pics tomorrow, unfortunately they are on most of the roof and trunklid.

Thanks Patrick. It came out great I guess I was kinda hoping for a miracle with your the optimum products. They are quite good though. I really hate to have to wet-sand but I guess I gotta do it. I think I may need build a garage so it doesnot happen again. I guess I will do the work and make sure to stay on top of my paint protection...
If you need help setting up one of those car tents you can buy from Sam's Club/Costco/BJ's, I wouldn't mind coming up!
Old 06-07-2009, 10:52 PM
2016 E350 Sport

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Awesome Brett!!!

This color is so great when it is properly polished.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:48 PM
The Kinetics of Bleu

Originally Posted by mrclrider
Nice car man, sorry to hear about your water spot issues...I am very lucky to be able to have purchased a house with a garage.
I am jealous. I think I may atleast buy a carport.

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
I don't know Brett-it looks damn good to me.
Thanks Stephen. I am happy with it besides the etching.
Originally Posted by csmeance
If you need help setting up one of those car tents you can buy from Sam's Club/Costco/BJ's, I wouldn't mind coming up!
I think I may buy a metal carport. I tried the tent kind and the Florida sun killed it in less than a year. Thanks for the offer though. I may take you up on it if I get one...

Originally Posted by SweetJazz
Awesome Brett!!!

This color is so great when it is properly polished.
Thanks, but I think you got me beat. Yours is BEAUTIFUL!!