Some one puked.

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2004 | 05:41 PM
mushroom mushroom

Some one puked.

Last night my friends sister booted in my car.

She was sitting shotgun and she hit the side of the door, the seatbelt, and down between the seat and the door. So the worst spot ever to clean.

I got all the chunks and shit out but the car STINKS OF ASS!

what is a good deoderizer that will get the naztyness out?
Old 10-31-2004 | 09:48 PM
Cruisin'

Having 3 kids and all of the "smells" they can produce, I can tell you that Febreze spray works very well for taking the stink out of almost anything. Linky
Old 10-31-2004 | 09:59 PM
Peach Tea

shoulda took pics
Old 10-31-2004 | 10:08 PM
Former Sponsor

It would behoove you to get it out of the carpet as soon as possible, thats a given! And I hope you have access to at least a shop vac. You really need to get some all purpose cleaner, and dilute it according to instruction for carpet cleaning, probably around 25, 30:1. Spray the area liberally, but not down to padding. Agitate with a stiff nylon brush, and vacuum it up. After you have completed this on all affected areas, take a microfiber or cotton towel, rinse it in water, and go over the area again. Repeat this procedure on all areas. Try to leave the windows cracked in the evening until your sure it has dried completely. If you have a do it cenetr type store close to you, invest in one of those closet deoderizers, made from volcanic rock, and leave in the car, under the seat.
Next time, leave your pals sis at home !
Old 10-31-2004 | 11:05 PM
mushroom mushroom

Originally Posted by exceldetail
It would behoove you to get it out of the carpet as soon as possible, thats a given! And I hope you have access to at least a shop vac. You really need to get some all purpose cleaner, and dilute it according to instruction for carpet cleaning, probably around 25, 30:1. Spray the area liberally, but not down to padding. Agitate with a stiff nylon brush, and vacuum it up. After you have completed this on all affected areas, take a microfiber or cotton towel, rinse it in water, and go over the area again. Repeat this procedure on all areas. Try to leave the windows cracked in the evening until your sure it has dried completely. If you have a do it cenetr type store close to you, invest in one of those closet deoderizers, made from volcanic rock, and leave in the car, under the seat.
Next time, leave your pals sis at home !

Thanks for the advise
Old 11-01-2004 | 08:20 AM
I6

Try frebreeze to get out the smell.
Old 11-03-2004 | 10:27 AM
Racer

get it detailed and give pukey the bill.
Old 11-03-2004 | 01:25 PM
The Old Grey Whistle Test

~One man’s opinion / observations~

Upchuck -remove residue from mats and/or upholstery with a stiff nylon upholstery brush. Use a carpet extractor on any fabric or upholstery effected, hand rinse with a disinfectant (Lysol) / diluted APC / water solution to kill any bacteria (you may need to do this 2-3 times). Hang carpet mats to dry/air and open all windows (if possible to allow interior to air out) Place an Elite® odour-neutralizing, porous volcanic lava rock, that's non-toxic and environmentally safe in the vehicle. Spray Ozium 1500c air sanitizer/freshener to effectively eliminates bad odours, each mist will release a pleasant fragrance that kills odour-causing bacteria and converts them into clean, fresh air

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted [each one / teach one]
justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ JonM
Old 11-03-2004 | 01:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Take out the passenger seat so you can clean the area really well. 4 bolts and it's out.
Old 11-05-2004 | 06:51 AM
Drifting

is it me, or have there been alot of pukings in TLs lately?
Old 11-05-2004 | 09:06 AM
The Old Grey Whistle Test

Originally Posted by te3point5
is it me, or have there been alot of pukings in TLs lately?
How to greet a TL owner?

What's up_chuck? (LOL)
Old 11-05-2004 | 09:48 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TOGWT
~One man’s opinion / observations~

Upchuck -remove residue from mats and/or upholstery with a stiff nylon upholstery brush. Use a carpet extractor on any fabric or upholstery effected, hand rinse with a disinfectant (Lysol) / diluted APC / water solution to kill any bacteria (you may need to do this 2-3 times). Hang carpet mats to dry/air and open all windows (if possible to allow interior to air out) Place an Elite® odour-neutralizing, porous volcanic lava rock, that's non-toxic and environmentally safe in the vehicle. Spray Ozium 1500c air sanitizer/freshener to effectively eliminates bad odours, each mist will release a pleasant fragrance that kills odour-causing bacteria and converts them into clean, fresh air

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted [each one / teach one]
justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ JonM

Where can I buy that lava rock?
Old 11-05-2004 | 10:21 AM
Boy Genius

Originally Posted by gochan
get it detailed and give pukey the bill.

Well, maybe not about the bill part, but a professional detailer should have the right tools to get into the carpet and get them really clean, better than the average person can with the tools one generally has available.