Right after clay bar and carnauba wax....what to do

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 01:28 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Right after clay bar and carnauba wax....what to do

I just detailed my CL-S this weekend...washed, clay bar, washed again and (carnauba )waxed. I didn't have time to apply another coat of wax...is that even needed? should i do a quick wash again and use the carnauba wax or just wash and use a "wax as you dry" product. I have both types of waxes. any comments?
Old 06-12-2007, 02:52 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
In my opinion don't use the "wax as you dry stuff". I don't think its all that great, so just use regular wax. Don't think an extra coat of wax is needed, cause usually one coat will do the job.

I detailed my car friday and added an extra step with the scratch x...

1. Wash
2. Claybar
3. Wash again
4. Applied Scratch X to get rid of some of the swirls (Don't think it is that effective)
5. Wax
Old 06-12-2007, 07:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
What type of wax was it that you used?
Old 06-12-2007, 08:42 AM
Bagel Bomber

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
If i were in your exact same situation, i'd probably pick up a bottle of duragloss aqua wax, give the car a quick clean , and once its dry give each panel one spray of AW and spread it with a micro fiber towel. Spray everything, door seals, windows, wheels (not tires). its great stuff, pretty slick too.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by exceldetail
What type of wax was it that you used?

I use the Meguiar NXT wax. By far the best product that i've used, unless you have any other suggestions
Old 06-12-2007, 02:42 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^^ Oh yes, exceldetail has other suggestions.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:44 PM
Burning Brakes

^ LOL, ok excel detail lay it on me
Old 06-12-2007, 04:14 PM
Bagel Bomber

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Unkn0VV17
^ LOL, ok excel detail lay it on me
Mine as well get this out of the way

"+1 for UPP"
Old 06-12-2007, 04:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Im not downplaying your experience with NXT. Mine just wasnt that satisfactory when the product 1st came out. So in all honesty, I waited a year, and tried a new bottle of it again, assuming/hoping there would be an improvement. I got 4 weeks out of it, on a new Chevy pickup, exposed to the real elements, as a daily driver. Then the slickness and beading dropped off significantly. To most of us, thats not really an issue as we find joy or therapy in taking care of our cars, and an occasional additional treatment is the norm anyway.

Im sure we are both exposed to different elements, so naturally, results will vary. But you use what you like, and are pleased with.

I have a criteria I like to follow:
Ease of use, includes application and removal.
Reflectiveness (Gloss and depth come from polishing)
Durability
Depth of product line
I have used one product in particular for quite some time now. Four Star Ultimate Paint Protectant. It was the second synthetic wax I had used. The first being Blackfire Paint Protectant. Blackfire was my first synthetic “love”. I couldn’t believe there was anything superior to it at the time, but the cost was what drove me to “try” something else. When I first tried FS UPP, I could have sworn it was just relabeled Blackfire. But one thing I noticed, was not evident. The dust attraction. Although UPP does have some dust attraction, its not anything to downgrade the product for. Its very minimal and is easily remedied with the next wash, or an application of UPP Spray afterwards.

Superior ease of use. (Members here will vouch for that)

Awesome looks (Member here will vouch for that)

Durability (Members here will vouch for that)

Depth of product line. Four Star manufacturers their own products, and has (literally) everything one could need for proper car care maintenance. More often then not, I use the FS Body Shop polishes, Tire Gel, and leather care products.

Old 06-12-2007, 05:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Cool, thanks for the info. I'll look into it when i detailing my car next time
Old 06-12-2007, 06:42 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hello....

i just tried einzsett (thanks to patrick), and absolutly loved it!!!

if your new... try einzsett, followed by optiseal ( 1 week later ), and then four star UPP...

i've done einzsett with optiseal and it looks AWESOME!!! both are extremely easy to use!!! einzett you need VERY little and it does wonders... optiseal is literally wipe and walk away... i'm going to add four star UPP to get more slickness... and if the reviews are all correct... my new baby should look AWESOME... i'll post pics this weekend...

so my reccomendation:

buy from exceldetail... use ur acurazine discount....

pick up some einzett metalpolish.... some optiseal... and some UPP and you will be delighted...

for your inside.... i'm pretty happy with the 4star leather cleaner and conditioner (i love the smell and the fact that its not greasy)... 303 the rest
Old 06-12-2007, 06:51 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Unkn0VV17
Cool, thanks for the info. I'll look into it when i detailing my car next time
Another "+1 for UPP". I have no problem recommending this product to anyone. There are a number of threads/posts regarding this product with very, very positive comments especially from first time users. Unfortunately, Four Star products isn't available OTC and can only be purchased online. Exceldetail is a vendor on AZ and an authorized distributor of the FS product line.