Removing Bird Poop

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 12:18 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Removing Bird Poop

Hello,

I know that you guys don't recommend this method, but I really was in a dilema this morning. When I arrived at work this morning, I realized that I had some fresh bird poop on my hood. It wasn't a thick blob, but rather a small light covering. Anyway's, since I didn't have any quick detailer in my car, I grabbed the microfiber towel that was in my trunk (use it for wiping down the dash board (dry dusting). Well, I went into work, wetted it, and then proceeded to carefully wipe off the bird poop on my hood. I didn't really dry it since I wasn't sure if there was any dust that could potentially scratch the paint. Anyway's, I was just wondering if that was a stupid thing to do? Will water and a wet microfiber towel completely remove bird poop? If I were to leave it on the car for the duration of the day, would I have etched paint? Lastly, should I have done what I did or have just left it until I could wash the car or use a QD?

Thanks,

Jeff
Old 07-06-2008, 12:43 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Ya ask me, you did the right thing! Scratches are a lot easier to remove then etching. It does not take long for bird poop to etch. It can actually just be a matter of moments.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:49 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Patrick,

Thanks for your advice. Also, I've been meaning to contact you. What is the BEST rim cleaner that you sell? I have the stock rims on my 07 TSX, and I'd like to get something that is completely safe for my rims. If you could let me know, that would be great!

Also, as far as the bird poop goes, will just using water and a Microfiber towel completely remove it? It was just surface poop. It seemed to wipe right off, but I wasn't sure if there was still some sort of acid from the poop left behind. Basically when I got done, I couldn't see anymore white (poop).
Old 07-06-2008, 08:20 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
The water in the towel if wet enough will dillute it , remove it.

Your better off doing that than nothing .

I have a small mesh basket in my trunk in which I carry a 2 oz mister with QD and a small plastic vinegar jug full of distilled water and a few M/F towels just for that.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:30 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JLTSX07
Hey Patrick,

Thanks for your advice. Also, I've been meaning to contact you. What is the BEST rim cleaner that you sell? I have the stock rims on my 07 TSX, and I'd like to get something that is completely safe for my rims. If you could let me know, that would be great!
Are you looking for polishing products or washing products.......
For washing products, I like the Duragloss or Surf City All Wheel Cleaners......I have had great luck with both of these cleaners.