Popular kit for Acurazine'ists?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 01:12 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Popular kit for Acurazine'ists?

I would like to put a kit together for you folks, that I could discount ahead of time. If anyone has a list of favorites that I could manage, lets get this topic rolling and compare notes. I'll get it tgether in a few days for you guys and gals.......
Auto wash?
Polish(es)?
Sealant?
Nuba?
RVT dressing?
Leather care?
Tire dressing?
Etc.....
Old 06-08-2006, 01:24 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wash: Optimum NR & Shine
Polish(es): Optimum Polish, Optimum Hyper Compound
Sealant: 4star UPP
Nuba: Poorboy's Natty Blue
RVT dressing: 303
Wheels: poorboys wheel sealant
and throw in some Applicators and MF towels
Old 06-08-2006, 03:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
wash - Optimum or 4* UAW or PB SS&S
polish - Optimum Pol/hyp comp or SSR's
sealant - 4* UPP
nuba - Natty's or Coll
and whatever else

What is the 1grand stuff like Patrick?
Old 06-08-2006, 11:02 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great idea, Patrick. Maybe a kit for folks with and without PCs? Interior Kit ? Wash kit? I don't know, a lot of combos to choose from.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by West6MT

What is the 1grand stuff like Patrick?
Ahhh......One Grand........
Special Touch was amazing on a Black STS I had recently done.......I had to call my assistant over to make sure that what I was seeing actually took place. I should have taken pictures.....This car was severly swirled but I used some Special Touch and ran with the PC and a Green Propel. They literally dissapeared after several passes. Usure of myself, I used Opt Pol afterwards to clear up and was very pleased with the results, very pleased. And this, all with a paint cleaner.
The ERV Dressing is wonderful also. I used it on my pickups tires to bring some life to them. Still glossy and fresh looking, not bright and glossy, just deep and rich, leaves a nice sheen.
The Do It All.......My assistant used it on the Escalades interior and was real pleased, nice smell, natural finish with a hint of slickness. Just very enrichening. Used on door panels, dash and leather interior, a keeper for sure.
The Blitz wax has been around forever. So has One Grand, since the mid 30's, so they do something right. Pure Carnauba sealant, not the typical real oily Nuba, just a nice can of Pure Wax. Pure and simple, and easy to use........2 coats will do wonders. (And Im not a Nuba fan)
Old 06-09-2006, 12:40 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by exceldetail
Ahhh......One Grand........
Special Touch was amazing on a Black STS I had recently done.......I had to call my assistant over to make sure that what I was seeing actually took place. I should have taken pictures.....This car was severly swirled but I used some Special Touch and ran with the PC and a Green Propel. They literally dissapeared after several passes. Usure of myself, I used Opt Pol afterwards to clear up and was very pleased with the results, very pleased. And this, all with a paint cleaner.
The ERV Dressing is wonderful also. I used it on my pickups tires to bring some life to them. Still glossy and fresh looking, not bright and glossy, just deep and rich, leaves a nice sheen.
The Do It All.......My assistant used it on the Escalades interior and was real pleased, nice smell, natural finish with a hint of slickness. Just very enrichening. Used on door panels, dash and leather interior, a keeper for sure.
The Blitz wax has been around forever. So has One Grand, since the mid 30's, so they do something right. Pure Carnauba sealant, not the typical real oily Nuba, just a nice can of Pure Wax. Pure and simple, and easy to use........2 coats will do wonders. (And Im not a Nuba fan)
I was hoping you would comment on the Blitz wax. Im on a bit of a nuba fix right now,.......picking a few waxes to buy later in the summer when I feel its ok to spend a bit more $$$$ on car supplies. I have been thinking about the Blitz wax and Victoria wax (dunno what one yet).
Old 06-15-2006, 03:36 PM
Bagel Bomber

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
A kit would be nice, hope by bringing this up to the top.

I'm about to get a PC from lowes and would love to see if you can piece something together to get me started for my white cl. to include the new cw, the nessessary pads, and right polishes/waxes/ect...
Old 06-24-2006, 01:25 AM
I'm Cool

I use:

Megauirs nxt car wash soup
Mitten, bucket
PC with the pad kit that i have ordered from you.
Lexol cleaner and conditioner
303 protectant
Zaino Z1, Z2pro, Z5pro
Cali Washer blade
Megauirs Quick detailer
Couple of microfiber towels
Mothers chrome cleaner

Last edited by Bobbydoedoe; 06-24-2006 at 01:29 AM.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Bobby, it will have to be something that can be found on the storefront.....
Old 09-19-2006, 05:46 PM
Intermediate

Patrick,
This thread is a bit old, so I was just wondering if you ever put a kit together or do you have one to recommend to newbies like me.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Gonein.......I decided to just go with a 10 discount for Ziners..........There was really no consensus as I was getting emails asking if "this" could be swapped for "that"..........
There are so many varied needs when it comes to detailing as no two cars, conditions, surfaces, and daily habits or exposure to elements are the same.
I would love to recommend something to you, but its like asking the Dr. for help when he doesnt know what ails you.
He will tell you, eat right (polish) get adequate rest (protectant), and excercise
(keep me pretty (clean) ).
If you could provide some additional info like what the problem may be, color, maintenance habits, and what your attepmting to achieve, I would be happy to recommend some favored products of mine. Im sure additional detailers will respond as well.......
Old 09-26-2006, 02:52 PM
Intermediate

Patrick,
lol..thanks, as you saw in my other thread here, I ordered some supplies already and was able to use the 10% discount from here on my order...although for some reason, it didn't apply the discount to the Excel Gold Kit that I ordered.

Last edited by gonein60sec; 09-26-2006 at 02:54 PM.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Gone, the Excel Gold is already discounted 10% before checkout..........All kits are reduced 10%
Old 09-26-2006, 09:30 PM
Instructor

sorry if i missed this...but is the 10% discount only on kits or on any purchase? eek!
Old 09-26-2006, 10:49 PM
Former Sponsor

The kits are already discounted 10%. So theres no further discount at checkout. Use "acurazine" at the promo prompt for all items eligible for discount. Duragloss isnt eligible due to there rediculously low prices to begin with..........If they were anymore cheaper, I would just have to give it away! If items are being ran in a special, they wont be discounted with the Acurazine promo either.........
So, anything in a kit, or on sale, isnt discounted any further..........
Old 09-27-2006, 03:50 PM
Instructor

drat...then it sounds like the load i bought earlier this week missed out on the coupon. i'll have to remember that for the next round!
Old 10-03-2006, 05:09 PM
Moved to the LOU

Received 249 Likes on 183 Posts
Originally Posted by exceldetail
I would like to put a kit together for you folks, that I could discount ahead of time. If anyone has a list of favorites that I could manage, lets get this topic rolling and compare notes. I'll get it tgether in a few days for you guys and gals.......
Auto wash?
Polish(es)?
Sealant?
Nuba?
RVT dressing?
Leather care?
Tire dressing?
Etc.....
I found some different kits on your site but which one did you create for us?
Old 10-03-2006, 06:00 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by twigglius
I found some different kits on your site but which one did you create for us?
I believe he explained it in post #11.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:27 AM
Intermediate

Anyone use acrylic based 'Klasse' products??

I heard thats what the dealerships use for their "sealant" they try to sell you for like $400 bucks.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:21 PM
Former Sponsor

The dealer doent use anything different then what you could buy on your own for a tenth of the cost, online. A little patience, willingness to learn, and of course $, can save you alot of $ down the road.