Polishing the 3gTL m6.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 05:46 PM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Polishing the 3gTL m6.

Hello Acura Team!
This weekend I'll be polishing out the paint (Anthracite Metallic) on my 06 TL. I like to know as much about the paint as I can going into it so I can use the correct polish/pads/technique ect... with less trial and error.
Is the paint on these cars soft? Hard? Good thick clear coat? Any problems with excessive paint transfer? Areas to watch out for? yada yada...

Basically if anyone here has gone through this process on this particular car please drop off anything you learned that might help. To clarify I'm not talking about general detailing tips, but rather I'm trying to learn anything specific to the paint on these 3g TLs.

Hopefully it should be pretty straight forward. I shouldn't have to do much (if any) compounding or leveling as the paint is in pretty good shape. Just time to bring some life back into it and take out some "love marks" from previous washes.
Ill be sure to post some pics of the finished product.
thanks!
Old 07-08-2015, 06:05 PM
Registered Bunny

Received 1,073 Likes on 892 Posts
It's a Honda. Pretty soft, pretty thin, somewhat forgiving but easier to mar than others.
The following users liked this post:
Robospinner (07-08-2015)
Old 07-11-2015, 11:50 PM
runnin a little boost

Received 255 Likes on 207 Posts
Originally Posted by Robospinner
Hello Acura Team!
This weekend I'll be polishing out the paint (Anthracite Metallic) on my 06 TL. I like to know as much about the paint as I can going into it so I can use the correct polish/pads/technique ect... with less trial and error.
Is the paint on these cars soft? Hard? Good thick clear coat? Any problems with excessive paint transfer? Areas to watch out for? yada yada...

Basically if anyone here has gone through this process on this particular car please drop off anything you learned that might help. To clarify I'm not talking about general detailing tips, but rather I'm trying to learn anything specific to the paint on these 3g TLs.

Hopefully it should be pretty straight forward. I shouldn't have to do much (if any) compounding or leveling as the paint is in pretty good shape. Just time to bring some life back into it and take out some "love marks" from previous washes.
Ill be sure to post some pics of the finished product.
thanks!

I just did my 06 black TL with Menzerna 2500 polish and a Harbor freight DA and it came out great. I bought a few pads from Amazon for $7 a piece, but only ended up using two pads for the whole car. Take your time and break panels in to two pieces to give you the time to make many passes over the same area. Check out some YouTube videos on it.