New Optimum Hyper Compound has arrived!

Old 10-30-2006, 11:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
New Optimum Hyper Compound has arrived!

New Optimum Hyper Compound is here!
Finally, Optimum has broadened the difference between the Compound and Hyper Compound. First thing you'll notice is its color, light blue. And a little Cherry/Vanilla scent. Use a med/light foam cutting pad, and your ready to tackle up to 2000 sand scratches, and lighter at 1500-1000 rpm. Follow up with a polishing pad and Optimum Polish, and you'll be able to encounter nearly any situation! With this new technology, and additional abrasives comes a slightly larger price tag, retailing at $19.99. But for 32 oz, sill one of the best bargains available for a polish of this caliber. (Dont forget your Acurazine discount)
Old 10-31-2006, 09:38 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
love the new logo patrick, cant wait to try this stuff out
Old 10-31-2006, 12:32 PM
Bagel Bomber

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2000 Sand scratches?!?! The old OHC states it can remove 1500 sand scratches. Am i incorrect? I spoke with david a week or two ago about it and he said it was definately stronger then the old ohc. He almost came as close it was recommended more with a rotary to break it down with some heat. can you shed any light as to the level of correction and the ability to use with a PC?
Old 10-31-2006, 12:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Yes, it will remove down to 1500. The beauty of it is you dont need to run full speed with it. The abrasives break down rather quickly, which allows for the removal of even finer scratches and swirls. Once again, very versatile. (this per David)
I have just received it, although I have had some samples for several weeks now, I have not had the need to use anything too agressive. So I dont have any first hand experimenting to elaborate on. And David is on his way to SEMA this week, so I dont have a chance to get additional info. I will try to drag up some info from one of the other boards I frequent and paste here.

love the new logo patrick, cant wait to try this stuff out
Thanks! Were working on changes for 07 already! I have someone generating some ideas for me, and thought I would throw this in and wait for feedback. Im quite envious of others' creative abilities! I like it as well, and am considering keeping this logo....
Old 10-31-2006, 12:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Do not use as a finishing polish, its not capable of finishing, and will more then likely cause marring. Additional polishing will more then likely be necessary with lighter abrasives.
The new Optimum Hyper Compound was requested by body shop professionals, designed for rotary use. Also keep in mind that the revised Optimum Compound is slightly stronger then the previous version. Theres greater distance between the Optimum Polish, and the Optimum Compound, then there use to be. Those two products work very well with PC's.....The Optimum HC? You may be taking your chances with a PC. But whos to say a little HC with some Compound wont work wonders??