Need some DWG advice please

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 09:30 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some DWG advice please

I used DWG on my car for the first time today. I had washed it last weekend and then used Klasse AIO. Didn't clay. This morning I washed the car using ONR, wasn't very dirty. My TSX is just 2 and it has been hand washed by me only and protected with Klasse AIO and Klasse SHG (three coats once, one coat last time), never polished. The car is garaged about 17 hours a day.

Applied the DWG using a microfiber pad (one of the alternative listed on the Danase label) and a new, but washed properly, microfiber cloth. I had some difficulty determining what a "small amount" was and probably used too much some times and too little at other times. Is a small amount say the size of a dime over a 2 ft X 2 ft area?

When I finished, I was not impressed with the shine/depth/wetness. I remember someone writing that with one product they had the same impression, but after a short period, their socks were knocked off, or something like that. Would that be DWG and when I look at it tomorrow morning, I'll really be impressed. Perhaps my expectations were too high?

One last thing: I finished using the DWG tonight about 8 PM. Will it be "cured" enough to use FS UPP about 9 AM tomorrow?

I may just be out-of-sorts and it really looks much better. I'm fighting a bad cold and the cold is winning right now. Plus we have a lot of oak seeds in the air. Had to wave a microfiber cloth over each section before I started to apply the DWG. Patrick, if you read this, do you have a lot of oak seeds in Thousand Oaks?
Old 05-24-2009, 09:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
DWG is much more apparent on darker colors. I dont think you mentioned what color you had? On by hand is perfectly fine although a foam applicator, IME, is preferred. Microfibers are much better at polishing, then applying. Reason being is, they tend to "grab".
Also, IMO, a PC is even better yet. The PC will ever so slightly, warm the product up and thin it out a little, letting it "fill", better. And as you stated, if you used a little too much, it makes the whole process all the more laborous. A dime dime size amount is appropriate, for a small 2x2 area, once your applicator is seasoned. It will actually go even further then 4 sq ft.
12 hrs is ok prior to applying the UPP, but do yourself a favor. Let the car sit in the sun for about 15 minutes. Let the surface warm up, and lightly wipe with a MF to remove any oils. Then apply the UPP. (Its perfectly ok to apply UPP on a warm surface, (not hot) out of direct sun.
As for the Oak seeds, Im not sure what they are! I hear ya about the cold, Im in the same boat as you!
Old 05-24-2009, 09:57 PM
Intermediate

Forgot to mention, the TSX is NBP.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:04 PM
Intermediate

Patrick: You responded before I remembered to add the color. Next time I'll use a foam applicator. I'll follow your advice on letting the car sit in the sun. Forecast for tomorrow is partially sunny. I'll have to wipe the car down anyhow to remove the oak seeds that got on the car after I used the DWG. Probably will have more on it, plus some seed dust even in the closed garage.

So Thousand Oaks is just a fanciful name, no oaks.