Need GREAT detailer/body shop in Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 08:09 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Need GREAT detailer/body shop in Atlanta

Ok they were painting the building where I work and got white siliconized enamel overspray on over 200 cars int he paking lot, mine included. I might attempt a clay bar on it, but it looks like the company is going to pick up the tab to get cars repaired. They have a mobile detailing crew here, but honstly they are rushing and using the same clay bar, cloths and clenaing mitts on every car and causing some issues on some cars. I woudl rather have this done right as my car is 4 weeks old. Does anyone have some excellent recomemdnations for a body shop that will do this to perfection? Or a detailer that maybe handles show cars and knows their stuff? I am in the NW metro Atlanta area.

If I do clay bar it myself does anyone have any good recommendatiosn on supplies? I say a Meguiars clay kit and they recommend using their detailing spray as the lubricant, any thoughts?

Thanks!
Old 08-24-2006, 05:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,989 Likes on 1,412 Posts
i used the mothers clay that they sell at autozone, and for the lube, i jusst used some car shampoo mixed with water. I'd let a pro detailer to it and let the company pick up the cost.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:57 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance
i used the mothers clay that they sell at autozone, and for the lube, i jusst used some car shampoo mixed with water. I'd let a pro detailer to it and let the company pick up the cost.
Yeah I saw that at Autozone, just waiting to hear if they will pay for pro to do it rather than me breaking my back. Advantage of me doing it is I will be gentler to my car than they will. Been watchiing the first few cars the detailers the contractor brought in and they are not doing a good job, some scratches, lots of residue, just poor rush and get as many done as quickly type of work. Figure if I find a real good detailer or body shop they will take more time. These guys are washing/claying/waxing a car in under an hour and if the sun is out they are doing it in direct sun.