NBP owners...what microfiber towels are you using to prevent marring?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NBP owners...what microfiber towels are you using to prevent marring?

So now that I know how frickin easy it is to mar NBP...I'm taking every precaution to keep my paint swirl free.

I ordered a big bundle of cobra microfibers this morning on ebay and was just wondering what aziners were using on their paint. I got some Cobra Deluxe 600's and some Cobra Indigos...about 6 of each.

BTW this weekend I did a full 18 hour correction on my HEAVILY swirled/scratched NBP TL. As soon as midterms are over I'll be making a post with tons of pics.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
And I would imagine someone, somewhere down the line said they wouldnt mar? Whats equally important with any MF is how they're used. Turn frequently, and never apply pressure at the edges. I bet you paid a pretty penny for them? I mean after all, its only a towel?
Old 03-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by exceldetail
And I would imagine someone, somewhere down the line said they wouldnt mar? Whats equally important with any MF is how they're used. Turn frequently, and never apply pressure at the edges. I bet you paid a pretty penny for them? I mean after all, its only a towel?
Definitely on the pricey side...$65 for 12 towels and some microfiber wash. But they're supposedly worth it.

I bought the yellow MF towels from costco, and when I used them to wipe off wax, they left some micro-marring...but it could also be my technique like you said. I guess we;ll find out soon enough.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
If your talking about drying .. the best I have used is the Pacific at about $8 each ..
Old 03-08-2010, 01:57 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
Originally Posted by Nasir
I bought the yellow MF towels from costco, and when I used them to wipe off wax, they left some micro-marring...but it could also be my technique like you said. I guess we;ll find out soon enough.
Thats basically all I use to remove wax ... never a marring issue .. and I had black prior to this one
Old 03-11-2010, 09:31 PM
2016 E350 Sport

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
I purchased some really thick blue MF towels that have black stitching around the edge from Exceldetail. Maybe Patrick can chime in on the MFG. It is an awesome polishing and QD towel.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SweetJazz
I purchased some really thick blue MF towels that have black stitching around the edge from Exceldetail. Maybe Patrick can chime in on the MFG. It is an awesome polishing and QD towel.
The MFG is my lil secret Steve! Man, I forgot all about those too since we blew everything out. I HAVE new improved Supremes in hand, but there not on the site yet. Much nicer edging. Same price too, and better!
Old 03-12-2010, 02:58 AM
The Old Grey Whistle Test

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Methodology -

Micro fibre enables you to clean almost everything with just the towel and hot water. They eliminate the need to carry around different cleaners for different uses. These cloths are a great environmentally friendly healthy alternative to cleaning with chemicals.

What is equally important with any micro fibre towel is the way they are used; they need to be turned frequently, and don’t apply pressure at the edges. Fold the micro fibre towel in half, then in half again, using very little downward pressure, gently wipe it off, then flip the towel and wipe again.

When you see the towel start to show a line of dirt, flip it around and use a different section. With it folded properly you'll get a couple pairs of first wipe/second wipe sections out of it. It usually takes 4 or 5 towels to wipe down an average vehicle.