Hi All,

I am a long time Meguiars user. My choices have been:

Meguiars Gold Class Liguid wax
Meguiars clay kit
Meguiars Gold Class Car wash
Meguiars Quik wax spray
Lexol quick wipes leather cleaner and conditioner

Here's my method:

I wash my car once a week, do a spray wax once a month and clay/liquid wax complete detail inside/out once every six months. I clay/wax in April for the shine and in October for winter protection

Here are my questions:

I just ordered some Klasse AIO and Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze. Do I need anything else like a wax to great a better deeper shine (Zaino). This is the first time I have used klasse. Does anyone have any tips when using klasse? My claying and waxing day is important to me. I can spend all day doing this so a time saving product is not important to me. Any better clays out there?
Old 09-20-2007, 10:24 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by King of Pain
Hi All,

I am a long time Meguiars user. My choices have been:

Meguiars Gold Class Liguid wax
Meguiars clay kit
Meguiars Gold Class Car wash
Meguiars Quik wax spray
Lexol quick wipes leather cleaner and conditioner

Here's my method:

I wash my car once a week, do a spray wax once a month and clay/liquid wax complete detail inside/out once every six months. I clay/wax in April for the shine and in October for winter protection
Your time line is great. You may want to use a QD like DG AW after washing to help prolong the existing layer of protection.
Originally Posted by King of Pain
Here are my questions:

I just ordered some Klasse AIO and Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze. Do I need anything else like a wax to great a better deeper shine (Zaino). This is the first time I have used klasse. Does anyone have any tips when using klasse? My claying and waxing day is important to me. I can spend all day doing this so a time saving product is not important to me. Any better clays out there?
AIO is great chemical cleaner, but if you have any surface defects like swirls or light scratches, you'll probably need an abrasive type polish. Use SG sparingly, a light coat will suffice. It can be a bear to remove when applied too thick. Just remember, a little goes a long way. I think there is a 12 hour cure before applying another layer. A number of folks like to apply a coat of nuba like P21S/S100 or Natty's Paste Wax (light colors) and Natty's Blue (dark colors). The Megs clay kit will work just fine.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:31 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks for the tips.

I have a White Diamond Pearl 05 TL with no swirls or scratches. Garaged every evening
Old 09-20-2007, 10:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
I highly suggest additional protection in the IE. Theres no way even the SG will last 6 months out there with high temps and U.V. exposure.
AIO will not remove any marring or swirls, SG may fill slightly. Maintain that monthly spray wax though. That should provide you with adequate supplemental protection and depth. Depth is limited with a spray product though. Im not sure why you went with the Klasse items, there not really known for looks as oppossed to AIO's ability to clean very well, and SG's protective qualities. Users have added a nuba atop SG for depth and clarity, you may want to try the GC and see what looks best..........
Tips for using both Klasse products, go easy on product consumption. There are issues when too much product is used. Have good microfibers for easier removal. If you should end up having difficulties with the SG removal, add a warm water spritz to the microfiber and wipe residue away. Users have also witnessed easier removal when not allowing the product to dry. In other words, wipe on, wipe off......As for AIO, wipe in, wipe off. You will know when you cant wipe AIO anymore.....It dries, hazes up rather quickly. Great chemical cleaner, decent protection as well....
Old 09-20-2007, 11:22 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks for the advise exceldetail. I am new to these other products. After I had already placed the order and it shipped did I realize these are cleaners and protectants. That's ok but I figure I'll a wax coat for shine. I usually do a door, fender, 1/2 hood at a time. Is this still ok with klasse? What would you recommend for looks? I can always use the Klasse for our 05 Odyssey.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:25 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 198 Likes on 68 Posts
When I use AIO I dampen MF applicator w/ quick detailer. Works like a dream.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:56 PM
hates the winter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I use to use Klasse AIO and SG on my Integras. After about 5 coats of SG I would then begin to layer P21S, or S100. The protection and shine was amazing. Here are some pics of those cars.

REFLECTIONS:

One coat on my old 91 Grand Marquis.

Currently I'm using Autopia.com Ultima line. It's amazing.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
Here is WDP with Klasse SG .. Not topped with anything yet but I will top it with Megs #16

Klasse SG Wipe on, Wipe off, Official Application Instructions
Considering I've been getting PM's asking me to outline my official SG application/removal technique, I thought I would go ahead and start a thread that covers exactly how I perform wipe on, wipe off.

My technique is pretty simple.

In order to apply SG using wipe on, wipe off, you should do the following:

1. Take a new yellow foam applicator and spray it with water.

Squeeze the applicator as much as you can so that most of the water is gone. All you should have is a slightly damp applicator. This will make the SG more pliable.

2. Apply a couple of drops of SG to your applicator and apply it to a section of your car (1/3 of the hood, half of the roof, etc) in a front to back motion. Once you have covered the whole section with SG, immediately wipe off the residue with a MF towel that has been lightly misted with distilled water. Wipe off in front to back motion.

3. Repeat step 2 for every section until the whole car is done.

Notes:

- As mentioned before, wipe the SG off immediately, no dry time is necessary.

- The SG should wipe off very easily leaving behind a slick, smooth, and glossy finish.

- You should use no more than 1oz. of SG per coat on a regular size car (BMW 3 Series, Mercedes-Benz C-Class)

- Only perform step 1 one time, before applying SG to the first panel. You do NOT need to spritz your applicator with water before applying SG to each section. Once you apply SG to a couple of sections the applicator will be wet enough with SG, negating the need for more water.

-Do not use any QD to aid in removal of SG. This will / may cause the klasse SG to develop an oily haze/film down the road. I've also experienced this.

-Wait AT LEAST 24 hours before applying another coat of SG. SG needs time to cure and bond to your paint surface. I would personally wait a week. If you've driven the car ANYWHERE, then wash it before applying the next layer, or else you will just re-swirl your car.

-Put on three coats of SG, and you will be good to go.

-If you desire more warmth and depth in your paint, then apply a carnuba wax a week after you’ve applied the third layer of SG. Make sure you wash before you wax. You may experience some streaking or ghosting of the wax. I did, but it wasn’t enough to bother me. This is because SG and carnuba (any carnuba) don’t entirely get along. Consider yourself warned.

That's it!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
The reflection is my daughters Ferarri F355 Spider.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought that Klasse AIO/ SG then a layer of S100 on top was my 'ultimate combo. For years, I've used it on my SSM Acura TL-S. I heard a lot about Four Star UPP on top of Klasse AIO and thought I'd give it a whirl. UPP was WAY easier to apply and remove than Klasse SG and the shine was phenomenal! The UPP darkened the silver a little bit (it was 'brighter' with Klasse SG) but the glossiness and the slickness is way up!

Silver is just not too 'photogenic' compared to dark colors.