Interior cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 08:19 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interior cleaning

I cleaned the inside of my 02 Acura with Zymbol leather cleaner and then a Zymbol leather conditioner.
I now notice a white film on the headreast.
I am guessing maybe the headrests are not leather but not sure, if someone could tell me what parts of the inside are leather and which are not i would appreciate it.
And for the parts that are not leather like the dashboard what do you recommend cleaning it with.
Thanks
Old 06-25-2007, 12:56 PM
The Old Grey Whistle Test

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
To remove stains the surface tension that bonds them must be released, then the stain encapsulated and held in suspension to be removed. I’m repeatedly asked which product is the best interior cleaner. There is no one-product answer; as the so-called all purpose cleaners (APC) do not remove every stain, different stains require different solvents to remove them.

When cleaning a stain, try detergent and water first. If this does not remove the stain, then try a stronger type cleaner) once fabric is clean apply a fabric protection (303TM High Tech Fabric Guard)

Between these cleaners you should be able to remove 99% of stains occurring in a vehicle and around the home – Start with a 10:1 solution and decrease dilution as necessary;
303™ Rug / Upholstery Cleaner & Spot Remover
P21S Total Auto Wash (its active ingredient is d-limonene (citrus)) a safe all purpose cleaner (APC)
Woolite® Heavy Traffic Carpet Foam or Hoover Deep Cleansing Carpet/Upholstery Detergent
Folex Instant Carpet Spot Remover
PVC - 303™ Aerospace Protectant or 1Z Cockpit Premium.
Plastic - Plexus, BTI™ Chemicals Plastic Polish & Cleaner
Washable surfaces - Distilled water / Woolite 10:1 or 303 Cleaner & Spot Remover ™
Glass surfaces - Stoner's Invisible Glass and a ‘glass’ specific micro fibre towel
Wood surfaces – Klasse All-In-One (AIO