Has anyone tried the new NXT 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 10:14 PM
I need 2 more gears

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Has anyone tried the new NXT 2.0

I was wondering if this stuff may be better than the old version. I'd try it as a paste not the liquid mind you.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 392 Likes on 202 Posts
Originally Posted by sbuswell
I was wondering if this stuff may be better than the old version. I'd try it as a paste not the liquid mind you.
Just used the new 2.0 paste on my NBP after clay barring it and using meg's "Deep Crystal Polish" = Amazing results. Looks like sex and when it rained right after I had goten done, the water beaded up and as soon as I started to drive on 80% of the car just all of the beads sheeted right off. I recommend it.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:16 PM
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by gerzand
Just used the new 2.0 paste on my NBP after clay barring it and using meg's "Deep Crystal Polish" = Amazing results. Looks like sex and when it rained right after I had goten done, the water beaded up and as soon as I started to drive on 80% of the car just all of the beads sheeted right off. I recommend it.
why would you use the paste over the liquid....i know its a personal prefference, but i dont understand why....anything better about the paste??
Old 05-19-2008, 03:38 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
In a sealant I prefer liquids as its a lot easier to get it on thin.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:40 PM
Safety Car

i think i might have to try the 2.0...i am still using the original version, i just got done putting a layer on with my udm, first time i used the udm to do a lsp, but i must say it made it soo easy, i used a gray/black lake country pad and set my udm to 2 and just made a quick pass over the car, then wiped off with micro fiber....looks great....i maintain it with the spray version of nxt....quick and easy and keeps the car very slick....
Old 05-19-2008, 06:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 392 Likes on 202 Posts
Originally Posted by vinnier6
why would you use the paste over the liquid....i know its a personal prefference, but i dont understand why....anything better about the paste??
EDIT: Oh, I see what your saying.....past is less wasteful in my opinion.

Because you always apply polish before a sealant/wax. You should do some reading on what a polish is. Is posesses no protective properties and is simply a paint moisturizer intended to be applied directly to the clear coat. It is much better than cleaner waxes at filling in cracks. There are plenty of guides here on the forums. Heres a link I found from a previous post: http://exceldetail.com/einszett3.html

Last edited by gerzand; 05-19-2008 at 06:55 PM.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:50 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by gerzand
EDIT: Oh, I see what your saying.....past is less wasteful in my opinion.

Because you always apply polish before a sealant/wax. You should do some reading on what a polish is. Is posesses no protective properties and is simply a paint moisturizer intended to be applied directly to the clear coat. It is much better than cleaner waxes at filling in cracks. There are plenty of guides here on the forums. Heres a link I found from a previous post: http://exceldetail.com/einszett3.html
i have a udm with orange, white, black pads, a slew of different polishes, waxes, sealants....i am pretty sure i know about the polish part....you dont always have to apply a polish before a sealant, because some of us like to add layers....
Old 05-19-2008, 07:56 PM
gistered User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
05 TSX, Satin Silver. I thought the original NXT was pretty good. I was very satisfied. I had a problem locating the 2.0 around central NJ, paste or liquid. I eventually found the liquid at Pep Boys, in Union after several trips on previous weekends in late Feb & March. I was gonna clay the hood, at least-since I had not done anything for the paint since January. But after washing the car it looked pretty good. I'm garaged at home and at work. And except for a chip here and there, the paint looks excellent. Couldn't feel anything with light fingertip pressure. So, on goes the 2.0. Went on easy. And as soon as I started to remove the section, I saw a deep wet look like I hadn't seen on my paint–ever. I was really excited. I can't say it looks wet. It looks like it has its own light source. mirror finish. Yeah, I like paste over liquid but this was superb. Any I never got to pull out my P&C to buff it.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:12 PM
Por Favor?

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I already bought a can of the 2.0 paste but haven't tried it yet...burning through some other stuff first. Now I'm excited!
Old 05-20-2008, 08:48 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i just used this product and i must say, i'm a total fan. i have CGP and let me tell you, the pearl chips SPARKLE. the car now has a a blue sparkly hue to the gray. its crazy. i only have one coat on but i'm dying to put on another coat real soon to see how the car looks. a co-worker rode in my car today and she was super impressed - she thought it was a really expensive car!

its super easy to put on, takes a little more effort to take off since you gotta' take it off and then "buff" it with a clean dry MF towel. it all can be done by hand. no residue of any sort.

if you are a casual detailer and take reasonably good care of your car's paint, i would highly recommend it.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:33 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 808havok_tsx
i just used this product and i must say, i'm a total fan. i have CGP and let me tell you, the pearl chips SPARKLE. the car now has a a blue sparkly hue to the gray. its crazy. i only have one coat on but i'm dying to put on another coat real soon to see how the car looks. a co-worker rode in my car today and she was super impressed - she thought it was a really expensive car!

its super easy to put on, takes a little more effort to take off since you gotta' take it off and then "buff" it with a clean dry MF towel. it all can be done by hand. no residue of any sort.

if you are a casual detailer and take reasonably good care of your car's paint, i would highly recommend it.
she thinks its a really expensive car because it is....
Old 05-20-2008, 09:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by vinnier6
she thinks its a really expensive car because it is....
LMAO.....
Old 05-21-2008, 08:04 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by exceldetail
LMAO.....
well its not a ferrai, but its not a civic either....30-40k isnt the price range for the medium income level...
Old 05-22-2008, 04:02 AM
Racer

LMAO.....
?

am i missing the joke? i said "really expensive car". this 40 something lady has no idea what a tsx is. to her, my car apparently looked a heckuva' lot more expensive than it is - she even stomped her feet before she got in the car. considering its all OTC products i used, i'd say that's pretty good.

anyway, back on topic - it rained pretty mercilessly today. the beading action is great and the water rolls off way better than any OTC carnuba product i've used. durability is the big question. we'll see if the car still feels silky smooth after i wash the car in a week's time or so. most OTC carnuba waxes i've used didn't last more than 3 weeks in good weather before it started losing the beading action and lost its shine. if nxt wax lasts about 4 weeks after taking a beating in the heavy rain and a wash, i'm a convert.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:07 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the knock on NXT was it didn't last ans it was a lot of cleansers and fillers. can something be put over it to help it last longer, perhaps a polymer?
Old 05-25-2008, 09:27 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by New Car TL-S
the knock on NXT was it didn't last ans it was a lot of cleansers and fillers. can something be put over it to help it last longer, perhaps a polymer?
i believe the 2.0 is supposed to last longer than the initial nxt which i am still using...i usually top or follow up my application of nxt with nxt spray booster...

i intend on topping the nxt with the danase wet glaze...i have heard great things about this and i am getting a sample to try out before i purchase it.....cant wait...
Old 05-25-2008, 10:42 AM
Former Sponsor

The NXT II is a synthetic. You guys have to remember that most items bought at the local retail level are for DIY (which is fine). But your not going to get the longest protection in terms of durability. Its sold there for a reason. So they can turn the product(s) in numbers, equalling larger profits. If it sustains durability, your not going to have to use it as often resulting in less overall sales.
NXT is good stuff, but not great.......I have even a hard time saying its "great" for OTC.......
Old 05-26-2008, 04:58 AM
gistered User

Originally Posted by DiaBando
05 TSX, Satin Silver. I thought the original NXT was pretty good. I was very satisfied. I had a problem locating the 2.0 around central NJ, paste or liquid. I eventually found the liquid at Pep Boys, in Union after several trips on previous weekends in late Feb & March. I was gonna clay the hood, at least-since I had not done anything for the paint since January. But after washing the car it looked pretty good. I'm garaged at home and at work. And except for a chip here and there, the paint looks excellent. Couldn't feel anything with light fingertip pressure. So, on goes the 2.0. Went on easy. And as soon as I started to remove the section, I saw a deep wet look like I hadn't seen on my paint–ever. I was really excited. I can't say it looks wet. It looks like it has its own light source. mirror finish. Yeah, I like paste over liquid but this was superb. Any I never got to pull out my P&C to buff it.
After 3 weeks, it still looks great. Yea, but, my car has been driven around 200 miles since, thru some rain in that time and garaged all the time in between. So, does it look terrific and last long? Sure! You bet! But, for half-or more of the owners who street park; I can't speak for them. My initial impressions were impressive. I'm gonna topcoat it today with some Pinnacle, see what's what.

And to excelledetail; I got my sheep skin mit and it looks super! Well made an speaks of quality! My cat attacked it as soon as I slipped it on! Lily is very protective of me.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:43 AM
Former Sponsor

And to excelledetail; I got my sheep skin mit and it looks super! Well made an speaks of quality! My cat attacked it as soon as I slipped it on! Lily is very protective of me.
LMAO.............
Old 05-26-2008, 12:17 PM
gistered User

LMAO.............
Evrybuddy have a great Memorial Day!
And remember the ones that served.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:38 PM
?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My brother bought some NXT 2.0 in the paste form. I did a side by side comparison with four star upp on his hood. I applied both and let them sit for 20 minutes before I buffed, and based on preliminary results four star outshined, out-slicked and just made the black paint look as if I sprayed a new coat of paint on. The NXT looked nice but the difference was just that obvious. I used NXT version 1 for some time and I was pleased, but FS UPP is just that amazing. My brother gave away the NXT after seeing the results.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:21 PM
Safety Car

The NXT II is a synthetic. You guys have to remember that most items bought at the local retail level are for DIY (which is fine). But your not going to get the longest protection in terms of durability. Its sold there for a reason. So they can turn the product(s) in numbers, equalling larger profits. If it sustains durability, your not going to have to use it as often resulting in less overall sales.
NXT is good stuff, but not great.......I have even a hard time saying its "great" for OTC.......
i totally agree with you patrick, but on the other hand, if you had a product like opitmum for example, wouldnt you want to mainstream that stuff and get it out on every shelf you could....thats what i dont get...i hate paying for all the shipping, but i am starting to lean toward it now....
Old 05-27-2008, 03:42 PM
Racer

Update:
after 2 full days of rain early last week and lots of dirt on the car, i decided to wash the car yesterday. the rinse water had quarter-sized beads of water and rolled off despite all the dirt on the car. i was rather pleasantly surprised by that. i dried the car with waffle-weave towel and while it wasn't silky smooth to the touch, the shine was still there. the large water beads lead me to believe the protection was still there. i put on another thin coat of nxt 2.0 on and maybe its just my eyes but the "blue" sparkle seems a bit brighter. the car is no longer the dull gray it was when i first bought the car.

since summer weather has started here, i'm gonna try and keep washing the car down to a minimum with frequent ccd/qd/spray wax regimen. will report back findings in a few weeks.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:22 PM
Safety Car

inbetween applications of nxt every 3-4 months, i use the spray nxt just about every other time i wash....give me that really slick smooth finish...
Old 12-28-2009, 09:39 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,400 Likes on 704 Posts
Wink My Opinion

Having been a fan of the 1st generation Meguiar's NXT for 5 years now, I was eager to try the new 2.0 Generation. I should preface this by saying that I liked the original bc it was so easy to wipe off compared to other waxes that I have used & I found the 2.0 to be not quite as easy. My guess would be that this is the trade off for it lasting longer.

I am no car care enthusiast but from a Joe Average Who Buys his Stuff from Wal-mart point-of-view, I am pleased w/ the results. My car is shiny & looks nice ... I wax every 3 months & even w/ the 1st generation never took note of how long it lasts (the only way I have been told to know it is time to wax is if the water stops beading on your car - which has never happened to me).

Anyhow, that is my $.02.