Few Questions Inside

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 08:09 AM
FTW

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts
Few Questions Inside

1. How many drying towels does it take for the average car? I have 1 Waffle and it seems to get pretty wet by the time i get around to other side of the car. So recommend me one from Pat's store. I seem to get streaks after my initial wipe down.. So I guess I need a 2ndary towel?

2. I put DuraGloss AW, on my car yesterday, which kind of towel is the best to apply and remove? Would this be the polish towel? Please recommend me on this as well.

3. In terms of Wax application, I don't own a PC, so this is done all by hand.. Will I still want to apply wax that is a hard compound rather than a liquid spray on wax? Will I get the same protection but less of a time frame? Benefits / Drawbacks?

Thanks,
lusid
Old 07-17-2007, 09:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
1. How many drying towels does it take for the average car? I have 1 Waffle and it seems to get pretty wet by the time i get around to other side of the car. So recommend me one from Pat's store. I seem to get streaks after my initial wipe down.. So I guess I need a 2ndary towel?
I always recommend an associate towel when drying. It just provides the added benefit of being able to dry before it streaks. You have two hands, you might as well have a WW in the other to dry with. At a minimum, it makes sense to have a towel to lean on instead up putting your wet or sweaty hands on the cars panels. Monterey WW are my best sellers. A good associate towel would be the Riptides or White Seafoam.

2. I put DuraGloss AW, on my car yesterday, which kind of towel is the best to apply and remove? Would this be the polish towel? Please recommend me on this as well.
If you use DG AW while the surface is still wet then use the WW. If you like to use after drying for a little more strength/durability, use a microfiber polishing towel. As for "applying", well no additional towel is required, simply spritz, wipe in, dry off.

3. In terms of Wax application, I don't own a PC, so this is done all by hand.. Will I still want to apply wax that is a hard compound rather than a liquid spray on wax? Will I get the same protection but less of a time frame? Benefits / Drawbacks?
There are some good "waxes" available, i.e. Nattys (p), Carnauba Moosewax (L), Collinite (L & P), EX (L), Blitz Wax (P). You'll generally find better resistance to the elements with a Paste. Theres less end result refining componants with a paste (More natural product) so you get a little better durability. Ease obviously goes to the liquids.
Durability, and Im talking twice what you would get with the above (Exception Collinite) could be obtained with a polymer (synthetic wax) like Glanz Wax, Ultimate Paint Protection, EX-P.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:48 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lusid
. . . How many drying towels does it take for the average car? I have 1 Waffle and it seems to get pretty wet by the time i get around to other side of the car. So recommend me one from Pat's store. I seem to get streaks after my initial wipe down.. So I guess I need a 2ndary towel?
You might wanna try sheeting. This accomplished by removing your nozzle and let the water just flow over the surface. You'll just have some residual water making it easier to dry the vehicle. As Patrick stated, an associate towel prevents streaks.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:51 PM
FTW

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts
Four Star Ultimate Paint Protectant Spray vs Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection

The non-spray will last longer right?

Spray Description-
Shake well. Make sure painted surface is cool, dry and clean. Spray a light mist on a 2 square foot area at a time. Spread evenly with a clean dry micro fiber towel. Flip towel and continue to wipe until all residues are gone. As product cures, the surface slickness will increase. For faster cure time park vehicle in the sun for at least one hour. Allow a 12 hour cure time before washing.

What does it mean to allow 12hours before washing? Wouldn't you want to wash it before applying this anyways? Clarification please.

Also, thanks for all your replies, much appreciated.