A few questions on cleaning my TSX

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 09:51 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few questions on cleaning my TSX

I just got a new TSX two days ago. I live in SC so the pollen here is pretty bad as of now. My main question is about the Zaino car cleaning products. I have typically used Meguire's wax in the past, but are the Zaino products better? Is there something I can use to reduce the amount of pollen that stays on my car? Also, how long should I wait before I first wax my car? Should I wait at least a few weeks? I have also used Meguire's leather cleaner in the past, is it a good solution to clean and preserve the leather seats? My last question is what is a good product to clean the alloy wheels? I am pretty nit picky about cleaning my car, so I want to use the best products possible. Sorry for all the questions, and thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me.
Old 03-28-2004, 10:11 PM
Burning Brakes

I havent waxed my TSX yet, prolly wont for awhile as Im lazy. So far Ive used Mr.Clean AutoDry system and it works great. As for the interior cleaning I bought all my stuff from http://www.autopia.org/.
Old 03-29-2004, 06:18 PM
... TSX you say?

And to think... Pollen season in the South just started!

I've never found anything that reduced pollen from "sticking" to the car. I'm considering the new DuPont car care products (just to see).

I've always used Car Beauty Pro products. You can purchase there products online.

I'd recommend using there Clear Cut (P26) first, then polishing with a good orbital buffer. I use Troubleshooter (P33) since I have a black car every other wax. I use Miracle Wax (P57) or Satin Cream (P35) when I'm not using the Troubleshooter.

Before you Cut the car, get a good clay car and some Final Inspection (don't recall the item # for this off hand, sorry)

I use the Interior Cleaner (C49) and the Leather Cleaner (C12) to clean the inside. Grab some Pro Shine (ARD-472) to spay the dash/trim with. I even use Pro Shine on my wheels once I clean them (with soap and water) to add a nice, long lasting shine to them. I use All Purpose Cleaner (C10) on my tires when needed. Just dilute it with a 50/50 water mixture (potent stuff!).

There stuff is awesome, trust me!!!

It's never to early to clay, cut, polish you're car. Don't clay your car more than twice a year though, and you don't need to cut the car more than twice per year. If you feel your wax is starting to break down or you just want that deep shine back, just polish the car again using Satin Cream.

Before you do all this for the first time, strip the car of wax using regular dish soap (Dawn or something under the sink - and I am not kidding).
Old 03-29-2004, 09:19 PM
2nd Gear

Thanks for all the advice. Between the pollen and the bugs, I think that I am going to go crazy. I have the carbon gray color, almost went for the black but in the rural area I am currently in I thought that black would be a nightmare to keep clean. I purchased some products from zaino, I have heard that they make excellent products.

Another question I have is what to use to clean the navigation screen of fingerprints. Would 100% rubbing alcohol do the trick?

Again thanks for all of the advice.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:55 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
A month or two ago someone posted about how WD-40 does a great job of cleaning the wheels. You might want to do a search on it.
Old 03-30-2004, 06:07 PM
WOOT!

i've found that even though 100% alcohol will do the trick and evaporate more quickly than say, 80%. it tends to leave more residue than the 75/80%. just remember to use a microfiber cloth so you won't scratch the screen.