Exceldetail suspending Azine sponsorship......

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009 | 09:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Exclamation Exceldetail suspending Azine sponsorship......

Exceldetail will be moving on to other forms of advertising and/or other car care venues. We've run our course here, and this time of year is normally slower then most other times, so we have some other options we're exploring for 2010 and are getting a head start.
Been a great run over here, lots of fun, and a learning experience for us as well. I wish all the best this Holiday season, to all Wash and Wax contributors and members.
I'll still be lurking in the background!
Take care all, and THANK YOU for your support over the many years we have been here!
Old 10-30-2009 | 09:47 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Take care man...great dealing with you.
Old 10-30-2009 | 10:24 AM
'07 ASM TL NAV

Thanks for everything Pat! Learned a lot from your contributions on this site! To this date, I don't think I've dealt with any other business with such great customer service! Take care.
Old 10-30-2009 | 10:49 AM
Instructor

Thanks for all your help Pat!
Old 10-30-2009 | 11:28 AM
Detail Cars in Philly in

PAT!! noooooo...you will be missed. thanks for ALL of your help!
Old 10-30-2009 | 12:27 PM
Pro

WTH!!!! noooo PAT! you will still get all my auto detail orders, thanks again for all that you have done and advised us of regarding the correct way and proper items needed for the best details we can do for our babys!
Old 10-30-2009 | 02:31 PM
Former Sponsor

It was a very long and difficult decision, believe me. Several months in the making! The passion remains. But I always promised myself, that if the passion for the hobby was ever undercut by the business, I would make some changes. I want Exceldetail to remain "in the "garage" and not evolve into a "dealership".
Remember the last time you went car "looking", and weren't approached by a salesmen? Kind of a memorable experience wasn't it? LOL
Customer service has always been our goal. Exceldetail has always preferred a "low profile" approach. After many years, I have decided to restructure things. With the slow time of year ahead, this is an opportune time.
I seriously appreciate everyone's participation in the forum! You have allowed Exceldetail to evolve to what it will soon be.......
I always admired "If you want to stand out, don't be different, be outstanding."
It always made me think, "If you want to stand out, don't be like everyone else."
Was a great ride folks!
Old 10-30-2009 | 02:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Damn Patrick ... hate to see you go ... I could see it coming tho.... like everything else if the people that own the forum show no patronage to thier sponsors and just keep adding sponsors for the sake of collecting thier monies then the forums become diluted and no one makes a living .

Maybe the owners of the forum will learn from this.

You will still get my orders no matter where you go ... the service has been better than I have experience elsewhere and the products great with excellent pricing.

Could you PM me once your settled in to your new sponsorship digs so I can still interact with you .. I belong to a few detailing forums so I might get lucky and it will be one of them.

Patrick .. its been a slice ... and always enjoyed your posts etc etc ..

Dale
Old 10-30-2009 | 02:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Dale, you have always been one of my favorite "friends"! Always a pleasure on the phone, stay warm this winter amigo! And THANK YOU for the referrals up north!
Old 10-30-2009 | 03:05 PM
05 TL 6mt

Hate to see you go Pat, but thanks for your advices and prompt replies. Please shoot me an email as to where you're taking my discounts, LOLZ! I still got some cash to burn this coming detailing year.

Take care!
Old 10-30-2009 | 03:21 PM
Cruisin'

Pat!
Sorry to see you go. Thanks for all the help & tips.
I hope I can still contact you now & then, and maybe we can still meet up in the near future.
Shoot me an email and keep me posted on things.
Raoul
Old 10-30-2009 | 03:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TLUWHAT
Hate to see you go Pat, but thanks for your advices and prompt replies. Please shoot me an email as to where you're taking my discounts, LOLZ! I still got some cash to burn this coming detailing year.

Take care!
I'll always take care of you Vang!!
Raoul, you have my number! Keep the texts coming!
Old 10-30-2009 | 06:11 PM
WIP-Work in Progress

Pat I would like to say thank you for your services as well. You went above and beyond my expectations each time. Please PM with your new hang out spot!
Old 10-30-2009 | 06:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Patrick, it's sad to see you leaving us for now but you'll be back, right ?

thank you for all the help that you have given all of us!!!! You'll still be my "dealer" for my automotive cleaning addiction!
Old 10-30-2009 | 07:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 03tlCHARCOL
Pat I would like to say thank you for your services as well. You went above and beyond my expectations each time. Please PM with your new hang out spot!
Dedrick, your certainly welcome for any help I have provided. I would like to thank you personally for your orders this year! Not sure if Im going to be hanging around like a Nuba or stickin around somewhere like a sealant!! I dont plan on calling anywhere "home".........I belong to so many forums, but was always very fond of Azine!
AJ, hope the MF's and WW, clay and NRW worked out well for you! Tell me we're even with those drill attachments?
If not, LET ME KNOW!
And...........ya never know, I may be back as a vendor some time.......
Ive actually got something kind of sweet for the last few days....
Old 10-30-2009 | 07:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Before you leave, can you recommend a good polish? I have a SSM TL so the swirls are not very visible unless you look closely and in the right light. Unfortunately, I know where to look!

Good luck with wherever you go! I've got your page bookmarked!
Old 10-30-2009 | 07:10 PM
Burning Brakes

^^^ can you also recommend a/some pad(s) I can use with the polish? i bought an orbital from griots garage a while ago. can I use those pads on my orbital?
Old 10-30-2009 | 07:41 PM
The Detailer

Aww Pat, you were the reason I came to AZ but now you're leaving!

Oh well, it's not like I'm going to forget you anyways, LoL.
Old 10-30-2009 | 08:28 PM
Burning Brakes

wait wait wait...this is a joke right?? Exceldetail's halloween scare?

Even if you really do leave, I'm still going to put my member name/forum name when I purchase of your site. Maybe I will get lucky
Old 10-30-2009 | 08:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by apnorm
Before you leave, can you recommend a good polish? I have a SSM TL so the swirls are not very visible unless you look closely and in the right light. Unfortunately, I know where to look!

Good luck with wherever you go! I've got your page bookmarked!
^^^ can you also recommend a/some pad(s) I can use with the polish? i bought an orbital from griots garage a while ago. can I use those pads on my orbital?
Its real hard to top the Optimum Polishing trio. (Hyper Compound, Compound II and Polish II) Go for the 8oz versions, much more economical, as Im sure you wont be using up 32oz of each type very soon. These polishes are about as user friendly as they come, which allows new PC users an opportunity to become familiar with the machine style of polishing.
The Orbital from GG is probably the older version of the 7424. I have no haste in recommending the Erasure 5.5's. A great all around size (Im sure majority here will agree) for PC's. Most opt for Orange, White and Red. Thats two polishing pads and a pad for applying sealants. Just check your backing plate size. The plate should be 1/2" smaller then the pad selected.
Old 10-30-2009 | 08:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Denzil
Aww Pat, you were the reason I came to AZ but now you're leaving!

Oh well, it's not like I'm going to forget you anyways, LoL.
Denzil, I remember telling you about Azine years ago when we hooked up the 1st (or second) time, lol!
Old 10-30-2009 | 08:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MD03CL-S
wait wait wait...this is a joke right?? Exceldetail's halloween scare?

Even if you really do leave, I'm still going to put my member name/forum name when I purchase of your site. Maybe I will get lucky
NOQ, maybe you'll get lucky? You won the first PC 7424XP's! I thought you disappeared dude!
No scare (good idea though, lol!) movin on!
Not like im quitting NOQ!
Hey I could use a nice bottle of wine for the Holly's coming up!!
Old 10-30-2009 | 09:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by exceldetail
Dedrick, your certainly welcome for any help I have provided. I would like to thank you personally for your orders this year! Not sure if Im going to be hanging around like a Nuba or stickin around somewhere like a sealant!! I dont plan on calling anywhere "home".........I belong to so many forums, but was always very fond of Azine!
AJ, hope the MF's and WW, clay and NRW worked out well for you! Tell me we're even with those drill attachments?
If not, LET ME KNOW!
And...........ya never know, I may be back as a vendor some time.......
Ive actually got something kind of sweet for the last few days....
pat, if anything I owe you!!! I'll be buying all my detail supplies from you, and if you don't have it I'll make sure you can source it for me!!!!

NRW, WW and those MF's have been amazing! In fact anything I bought from you has been amazing! Even those drill bit's were amazing that you gave me!!!! I'm really sad to see you go after all the stuff you done for us, it's like loosing a family member
Old 10-31-2009 | 09:02 AM
Burning Brakes

Nope, didn't disappear. I think I just about bought (and won) a full arsenal from you so I have not been back...yet. I'm working on a new list of a few things I need.

Not sure if I can make the wine thing happen (I'm just an IT guy there). Who knows....maybe one of our locations will be local to you one of these days....
Old 10-31-2009 | 11:43 AM
Honda+Blue=My garage

Pat,

I agree with Dale. It will be sad to see you move on, but I too hope the AZ people realize you are one of the main drivers (pardon the pun) of the detailing side of the forum.

I will continue to order from you as you have been excellent with the customer service and advice.

Good luck to you and I expect we will cross paths again.
Old 10-31-2009 | 04:07 PM
Team Owner

Patrick, absolutely the best of luck to you. Thank you for everything!
Old 10-31-2009 | 04:08 PM
2016 E350 Sport

Patrick,

I understand. I have always favored the "Mom and Pop" approach myself. Things have definitely changed around here this past year. You have always been a class act around here. Your customer service is why I will continue to shop with you in the future. Take Care.

Stephen
Old 11-01-2009 | 07:30 AM
Racer

Thanks for all the help Pat and getting me started in really taking care of my car.
Old 11-01-2009 | 01:25 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Sorry to see you go Pat, you have truly been a great inspiration and source of info for many of us. I kind of had a feeling this was coming, but hopefully you'll still be around in some fashion
Old 11-02-2009 | 10:15 AM
Sabotage

ExcelDetail will still keep its spot in my bookmarks toolbar as my only detailing supplier. Thanks for all the tips - I have learned a lot.
Old 11-02-2009 | 10:16 AM
10th Gear

Thanks for all of your help Pat. I really can't believe the level of service you have provided to me on just my first order. You took much of your time to help get me started on getting the correct products for my car. Although you may not be around here as much, I will be sure to order all of my products from you in the future. Your level of service is not something you see much anymore, and that has made me a life long customer. Good luck and I will probably be doing some searches to find the new forum you are apart of so I can pickup more of your knowledge.
Old 11-02-2009 | 10:18 AM
Got your mom in

nooooooooooooo. i need something to clean my wheels..........
Old 11-02-2009 | 02:18 PM
Needs to clean up

wait what !!!

Oh Man so sad to see you leave. Although I did not do business with you I have appreciated your inputs very much.

All the best on your new adventure.
Old 11-02-2009 | 06:21 PM
KBPftmfw

Originally Posted by Jesstzn
Damn Patrick ... hate to see you go ... I could see it coming tho.... like everything else if the people that own the forum show no patronage to thier sponsors and just keep adding sponsors for the sake of collecting thier monies then the forums become diluted and no one makes a living .
Dale
I always wondered why we had at least 3 sponsors and just about every week they were competing against each other. Way too many sponsors for this size website.

Anway, Pat, you did a great job the couple times I ordered from you and as long as your URL stays the same I will continue to order from you when I need to get stuff. Your customer service is top-notch and is indicative of someone with a true passion for their career. You don't do it because you have to, you do it because you want to. Thanks for all that you did and will continue to do. Best wishes!
Old 11-03-2009 | 12:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Pat best of luck in your new direction... i agree with everyone and i hate to see you leave... you will no doubt still get all of my orders for detailing supplies... your customer service is just top notch...

hope you still pop in occasionally to say hi and give us some updates!!! you are still a member of the community, even if you aren't an aofficial sponsor...
Old 11-03-2009 | 01:30 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by SweetJazz
Patrick,

I understand. I have always favored the "Mom and Pop" approach myself. Things have definitely changed around here this past year. You have always been a class act around here. Your customer service is why I will continue to shop with you in the future. Take Care.

Stephen
couldn't have said it better myself
Old 11-03-2009 | 05:40 PM
Burning Brakes

So when does this become "official" that you will no longer be a vendor here?
Old 11-03-2009 | 06:26 PM
Former Sponsor

About another week!?
Old 11-03-2009 | 10:17 PM
Safety Car

thanks patrick, you got me started with detailing, i will continue to send you new customers and make my purchases from you when i need stuff...
Old 11-04-2009 | 01:16 AM
Need more room in

Pat,

thank you for all the help and contributing my hobby of 2009. i will continue to purchase all my products from you (although only happens ~bimonthly). Sad to see you go!
My car is go'in too, but I'm looking for a NBP RL, and everything you've taught me will for sure reflect in the paint!
Visit often!

Quick Reply: Exceldetail suspending Azine sponsorship......