Diet Soda spill on back seat (TSX)

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 10:27 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Diet Soda spill on back seat (TSX)

Sup guys.. i posted this in the TSX forum. Any help would be appreciated. Here's my story...

My gf left a 12-can case of diet soda on the backseat (by the right side seat). Like an idiot, I didn't bother to put it in the trunk. Coming home from work today I noticed the case was magically opened, and I saw a little wet spot on the seat. When I got to pull out the case of soda, I noticed that the immense heat caused two of the soda cans to burst and they were completely empty....so i'm guessing the soda leaked all over on the seat. I did notice that the cardboard case absorbed a lot of the moisture. But I'm guessing the rest of the liquid seaped down really good because I didn't see any significant amounts of soda on top of the seat.

What's the best way to deal wit this? I aggressively cleaned the leather seat with lexol leather cleaner, and I also thoroughly conditioned the seat. It looks like new. I felt around the cracks of the seat and I couldn't feel any moisture..but i'm still a bit concerned.. any thoughts? thanks.

Last edited by NJTSXMan; 07-19-2005 at 10:30 PM.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:18 AM
Burning Brakes

If it spill INTO the seats, then I'd serious take out the seats and soak them in water for a little while. It'll be tricky so as to not mess up the leather but maybe do a good treatment to the leather before doing this. Also, you are going to want to use some sugar digesting enzyme to eat it up so you don't get bugs and bacteria and smells, etc.

Or you can just leave it alone if it doesn't smell any. But I have to think i'll smell.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:35 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by SDCGTSX
If it spill INTO the seats, then I'd serious take out the seats and soak them in water for a little while. It'll be tricky so as to not mess up the leather but maybe do a good treatment to the leather before doing this. Also, you are going to want to use some sugar digesting enzyme to eat it up so you don't get bugs and bacteria and smells, etc.

Or you can just leave it alone if it doesn't smell any. But I have to think i'll smell.
its diet, doesnt contain any sugars, only aspartame
Old 07-20-2005, 07:36 PM
Life's a beach

Most diet sodas have high-fructose corn syrup in them, along with the aspartame.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:14 PM
What to do, what to think

dammmm sorry to hear that....I had that happen to me before last year during the summer at a BBQ party.....almost identical story as yours.... left the 12 pack on my rear seats for a good 2 hours. the soda cans deployed right when I got in the car and drove off from a grocery parking lot , I remembered it was a extreme hot day too......best way is to take out the seats and soak them in clean water and when it dries, condition it with Lexon. no after nasty ordor again....that was a good thing