bird crap

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 06:34 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bird crap

A month ago I had bird crap on my car. I did'nt wash it off right away. I tried using a paint cleaner but It did'nt work. So I endedup waxing it. A cloudy stain is left and can be seen at angles. How do I get rid of it? Thanks in advance
Old 07-21-2004, 07:05 PM
OCD in the OC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
man, why didn't you wipe it off right away? try this: wash, clay, NXT? just a thought.
Old 07-21-2004, 08:46 PM
Bound for Europe

I too learned the hard way.

In my case, I ignored the acidic, toxic goo that fills most bugs.

Now I've got a few yellowy smears that I'm guessing will only come off with a clay bar application.
Old 07-26-2004, 03:56 PM
Cruisin'

Bird Dobby

I purchased a Carbon Grey/Ebony TSX last Monday. Returning from work Friday, I got a tiny bird dropping on the car just in front of the sunroof. It was on the car for about 3-4 hours before I saw it and it had already burned the paint. The finish is raised and dulled in the area of the splat. Fortunately, it was about 3/4" long by 1/16'' wide so it's tough to notice but I was *amazed* at how quickly damage set in. Granted, it was 109 degrees in the shade.

Do TSX's have a durability problem with their clear coats?

I just ordered some Finish First products to get some protection on it. Theoretically, the dealership (excellent dealership, by the way) has something on it already but..............................

Others' experience???

Dr. Daryl
Old 07-29-2004, 02:26 PM
Instructor

Try using ScratchX with a terry cloth for more bite. If that doesn't work, you're probably going to have to use a buffer with a cleaner. If the etch is that deep, you may never get rid of it completely but you may lessen the effect of the etch to the point where it's barely noticeable.

Bird bombs can take only minutes to etch into the clear coat. When I attended a seminar at Meguiar's a few months ago, Mike Phillips told me that he had just finished detailing a 'vette outside during a show when he turned around to talk to someone. He talked to him for about ten minutes when he turned back around and found the bird bomb on the car. He quickly removed it and it had already etched into the clear coat!

For that reason, I always have a bottle of quick detailer spray and a microfiber towel in my trunk.
Old 07-29-2004, 04:17 PM
I miss my 03 CL-S :(

Received 445 Likes on 214 Posts
Originally Posted by Corbon91
For that reason, I always have a bottle of quick detailer spray and a microfiber towel in my trunk.
I just have a bottle of water and the microfiber towel but I'll use Griot's Garage's Speed Shine spray on the area when I get home if I can't wash it.
I used to have a 92 Camry two cars back and it had a splat etched on the hood from when a bird got it while I was out on vacation :o
Old 10-05-2004, 06:19 PM
Racer

i agree. awoke one morning to find my hood filled with bird crap after i had parked under a tree. didn't clean it off for a few hours. usually detail sprays work good for this, but there is a stain- which is not noticeable unless put head against the hood and basically use a microscope. however i think the tsx does not have a good finish as you say- a few hours with it on shouldn't stain the car. also chips are a real problem on the tsx- got one on the hood- again real small, only a few months after getting the car.
Originally Posted by Dr. Daryl
I purchased a Carbon Grey/Ebony TSX last Monday. Returning from work Friday, I got a tiny bird dropping on the car just in front of the sunroof. It was on the car for about 3-4 hours before I saw it and it had already burned the paint. The finish is raised and dulled in the area of the splat. Fortunately, it was about 3/4" long by 1/16'' wide so it's tough to notice but I was *amazed* at how quickly damage set in. Granted, it was 109 degrees in the shade.

Do TSX's have a durability problem with their clear coats?

I just ordered some Finish First products to get some protection on it. Theoretically, the dealership (excellent dealership, by the way) has something on it already but..............................

Others' experience???

Dr. Daryl
Old 10-05-2004, 07:48 PM
Racer

would trying to buff a bird stain off with a wax be bad? normally if dirt on car you don't wax so wondering if this would just mask the stain or really take it off. any thoughts?
Old 10-05-2004, 07:53 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by floridaowner
would trying to buff a bird stain off with a wax be bad? normally if dirt on car you don't wax so wondering if this would just mask the stain or really take it off. any thoughts?

Man, how hard headed are you? I think about 15 people here have told you numerous times that waxing and polishing are two different steps. Go out and try and wax off your bird poop stain and see how far you get. Wax doesnt remove anything, you have to polish. Get it through your skull.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:50 PM
Racer

this guy sounds angry. guess if i lived in Debary, Fl on a farm I would be quite angry as well.
Old 10-06-2004, 06:42 AM
Instructor

this guy sounds angry. guess if i lived in Debary, Fl on a farm I would be quite angry as well.

Wow! Another well thought out quality "zinger" from floridaowner. You got me on that one. You've built quite a reputation here as the village idiot and some of us are just trying to steer you in the right direction. But now I quit. If you wish to make an ass out of yourself and make useless posts about Pinnacle then be my guest.

Dont attack someone for where they live. There isnt a farm around me for 40 miles. Plus, dont you throw your money out the window in rent at your apartment complex everymonth. If I were you, I'd be angry about that.
Old 10-10-2004, 10:45 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The sheer amount of stupidity and ignorance you have is astounding...
Old 10-11-2004, 12:18 AM
NBP/EBONY/6MT

Here we go again.