Big blue waffle weave towel didn't work

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 08:37 PM
All Hail the Chief

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big blue waffle weave towel didn't work

I thought this thing was supposed to dry the entire car and not leave any streaks? I couldn't even finish my hood before the thing was saturated and leaving water streaks on it. Is there a certain method to using this product that I'm not aware of???
Old 08-31-2004, 09:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
JP, cant understand why it wont work for you ! There pretty amazing towels. As part of your regular washing routine, you should sheet the water off anyway, which will leave minimal water for absorbtion anyway. They get better with use, and washings also.....
Old 08-31-2004, 10:05 PM
Instructor

when you wash the soap off...make sure you take the nozzle off the hose... and just rinse with the hose only... I hear this helps? I'm still waiting on my towels... hope that works.
Old 08-31-2004, 10:44 PM
Intermediate

Just started to use the towels and I can'y say enough about them. I usually use two towels to get the job completely done but I can see how someone would be suffice with one towel. I went over the whole car with one towel and then finished t off with the second one just to get extra dry and make sure of no spotting. But i already ordered another set. Also depending on how much wax you have on your car, the water might not bead or sheet off very well. But I say give them a second chance. Just my 2 cents though.
Old 08-31-2004, 11:46 PM

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts
I think the waffle weave towels residualfreedom sold in the groupbuy are awesome! I actually had not-as-great results the second time I used it compared to the first, but have washed the car many times since and it's back to being a pretty awesome, absorbent towel!

And I agree - if the wax on your car is insufficient or wearing a bit - a lot more water will be left on the car for you to dry (compared to a lot of it 'beading' and rolling off a good coat of wax).

Give the towel another few tries! I definitely think it's MUCH better than everything else I have tried drying the car with so far.
Old 09-01-2004, 06:39 AM
All Hail the Chief

Thanks for the info guys.

I don't think a lack of wax on my car is the problem as I applied one coat each of Z2 and Z5 two weeks ago.

I think you may be onto something about taking the nozzle off the hose. I know from experience that you get better sheeting action that way. I recently put a nozzle on my hose that's clamped on, and I didn't take it off prior to my last wash. So that did leave a bit more beads than usual sitting on my car.

I'll wait a couple of days and wash her again sans nozzle. I'll let you all know how it goes!
Old 09-01-2004, 08:10 AM
NYC... How Sweet It Is!!

Also try using a California Water Blade. They work amazing. Thats what I use and then I finish with the waffle towel. The combination is awesome.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:15 PM
9th Gear

Another Waffel Weave Sale

Hey Guys,

Just noticed another sale on those waffel weave towels at this site along with some other goodies. Sounds like some good feedback on the towels so I think I'll try a few also.

http://detailingdynamics.net/Merchan...tegory_Code=DA

CK
Old 09-02-2004, 01:36 PM
Instructor

Waffle weave - They seem to have a getting started period when completely dry - I usually lay it flat over the horizontal surfaces the pull it slowly across letting is suck up the water - once it gets a little damp it goes to town!