Between Washes Sprays

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2002, 09:43 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Between Washes Sprays

Are between washes sprays worth it or is it just a marketing scam?
Old 06-07-2002, 05:43 AM
I miss my 03 CL-S :(

Received 445 Likes on 214 Posts
It depends.

No matter what you use, Zaino or otherwise, the process is the same to do your car: wash off wax, wash car with special car wash, paint-clean with clay bar, wax (or polish with Z*).

Only after all that is done, will those in-between wash sprays work well. That being said, get yourself a duster (I use the one from Griot's but used to use the california duster on previous car... almost the same thing) to dust off before using the spray.

I'm not a zaino zombie, but I do use products from Griot's Garage (http://www.griotsgarage.com) and I've been happy with them for over 5 years now. I used to use the Meguiar's products on my previous car before being refered to the Griot's Garage products by a friend who restores cars. The Meguiar's detailing spray sucks. I'm being swayed with the crowd after seeing the great results with Zaino (www.zainobros.com).

So my point is, yes they're worth it if you do all the effort you're supposed to before you need to use it and buy a quality product like the Zaino stuff or the Griot's stuff. Also use a duster and 100% cotton towels (not the cheap kind from auto stores) and you should be swirl-free (assuming you use it on light stuff, not after going offroading)...

-E
Old 06-07-2002, 06:41 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Between Washes Sprays

Originally posted by petergammons
Are between washes sprays worth it or is it just a marketing scam?
Okay I would say some are well worth it. I have a 2000 NighthawkBlack TL. I use the Zaino Z6 Gloss Enhancer. This cleans the car without water & leaves that just waxed shine. This is used for cars that are lightly dirty not heavy dirty. For example I washed my car last Monday & then polished it Tuesday with Zaino. I kept the car covered last week with my car cover most of the time. I wiped it down with the Z6 Gloss Enhancer spray a few times. I drove about 233 highway miles last Sunday to the big PARK AVE ACURA CL-TL Meet in New Jersey.
When I got there with the other 121 ACURA owners I wiped the car down again to make it look like it was just washed & waxed.
I then drove 233 miles back to Washington D.C. & have used the stuff 3 times since Sunday mourning in N.J. We have had 2 heavy rain storms this week & I have not used my car cover. At this moment my car looks just like it was washed & waxed today.
It all depends how much time you want to spen on your car with this stuff. Some work better than others like Zaino Z6 Gloss Enhancer & Black Fire Deep Gloss Enhancer. They have stuff that help repel dust but they cost abit more.
Old 06-08-2002, 12:34 AM
Fuct in the hed!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I think they work........especially the Z6 from Zaino.
Old 06-08-2002, 08:40 PM
In Da LBC with Snoop Dogg

No complaints from the peanut gallery here.

I am using my Z-6 on the CL tomorrow and giving the Probe A full 3 coat wax job for its initial summer coat of wax. CL will take all of 10 minutes, the Probe will be a couple of hours. Both will shine great, but then next week it'll only take 20 minutes to shine up both cars, so you do the math!
Old 06-13-2002, 02:15 AM
Banned

meguiars mist and wipe is THE SHIT!! that stuff is heaven in a bottle..great for bug smears, water spots, wheel well spashes, anything!!! i keep a bottle in my car at all times
Old 06-13-2002, 03:19 AM
Suzuka Master

With a ton of coats, a light Z6'ing will remove rain spots. I do far more touch-ups than car washes.

1. The Z6 is great for spot cleanups and for removing "light" stuff from the car between washes (Someone mentioned the pure cotton/white towels [Charismas, etc] and they make it work.

2. Part of this depends on if the car gets garaged or not. If you're sitting out under a tree dripping sap and have someone's sprinklers loaded with dirt and minerals, a car wash is probably a better step along with some spot cleaners that are good with the goo you get on the car.

3. RE: the Cali duster, feather duster, etc. I have my car garaged and do the following: When I can (most of the time), I will remove any bugs splats, bird droppings, and/or other stuff ASAP (disposible shop towels work great when used with minimal pressure and some water, Z6, and or bug remover (I have a few). The California duster can be used on pollen and light films of dust and dirt -- the trick is to shake it like crazy and drag it along the car finish with the lightest pressure possible (it should feel like its barely touching the car's paint!). A feather duster can be used for inside and outside to get dust off the car on a daily basis. Pollen counts can get really high and make finding tiny (pinhead) sized tar, bug, and bird droppings very hard to find. Remove them sooner than later, and it is possible to NOT scratch a car's finish by having a good coat of protection on the car (at all times) AND keeping the JUNK from building up. IF you can follow this or keep the car relatively clean, a "dry" bath saves water and keeps the car scratch free and just as clean as a water bath.

BTW, if you don't use the Zaino stuff there are a number of other "pep-up" the finish products that are available through local detailers and sales outlets. One product that I like for my non-Zaino stuff is made for use with the Claymagic clay. It has a light wax and cleaner so it can be used for claying or for cleaning up the car (like the Z6), but puts down some protection for cars not using the Zaino stuff. It suspends the dirt -- well, within reason -- and can be used to clean and protect a car between washes. (I get generic bottles of the stuff from a detailing buddy, but I do believe that this is the stuff [slightly blue/purple color]): "Automagic Body Shine"/"Automagic Magic Mist"

http://www.goodspeedmotoring.com/sub...=Spray%20Waxes

http://www.automagic.com/
Old 06-13-2002, 03:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by jimcol711
meguiars mist and wipe is THE SHIT!! that stuff is heaven in a bottle..great for bug smears, water spots, wheel well spashes, anything!!! i keep a bottle in my car at all times
Its good stuff but not quite like Zaino Z6 Gloss Enhancer or BLACKFIRE DEEP GLOSS SPRAY.
I have used many kinds of this stuff since its been on the market.
The Meguiars is good but won't touch the Z6. I used the Megiars & the Eagle One Wet wipe & shine spray. It depends on what they contain. This is why the Meguiars cost about $4.00 a bottle & the Zaino cost $9.00 mail order. The BLACKFIRE is about equal in cost. Once you treat your car with Zaino polish & use the Z6 you would never go back to the Meguairs. Don't get me wrong because I used the Meguiars all the time on my 90 & 94 ACCORDs.
I used it on my BLACK 2000TL also untill I tried the Z6 Zaino. The Zaino contains more stuff like its polish & that deepens the shine over the polish.