Autogeek PC buffer pads-Confusion

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 12:03 PM
Keep'n it clean- Orlando

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Autogeek PC buffer pads-Confusion

http://www.autogeek.net/lake-country-ccs-pack1.html

Ok so I would like to order some fresh pads for the annual TLS polish and light swirl removal. I am finding myself reading the description of the above pads and they all seem similar. I understand how and when I will use the ORANGE PAD.

My questions are:
1- When using the 105/205 combo which color should I go to for the final fine polish of the 205 to pull out all the buffer marks and bring out the brilliant shine once all the correction steps have been done? - The green, grey, or white pad? They all seem to be described very closley - making my order from autogeek be put on hold.

2-When applying the glaze I like, then the final wax or sealant, I am finding a similar confusion between the- Black, blue and red pads.

Any insight based off of previous experience and use would really help me out here. I want to make sure that I am using the proper pad during the proper step with the proper product -for best results.

Thanks in advance I will be posting the annual pics of my car as well as the hillaciously-swirl damaged scion my girlfriend drives with an attempted correction using the orange and yellow pads with the 105/205 combo.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:17 PM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My first recommendation is to do a test spot. Try using a white pad with the m205 to see if it'll finish down how you want it to. If not, try green or grey. Once you find out that process that works, continue with the rest of the car.

Be careful with applying glaze, as there are only a handful of glazes that sealants will bond to. What glaze were you planning to apply?
Old 04-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Keep'n it clean- Orlando

Originally Posted by alpha07
My first recommendation is to do a test spot. Try using a white pad with the m205 to see if it'll finish down how you want it to. If not, try green or grey. Once you find out that process that works, continue with the rest of the car.

Be careful with applying glaze, as there are only a handful of glazes that sealants will bond to. What glaze were you planning to apply?
was thinking of using the chemical guys "black light" and covering it with blackfire wet diamond or p21s
Old 04-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
On *most* paints, 105 finishes down nice enough to where you follow up with 205 and a GRAY finishing pad. But like another person mentioned, do a test spot first.

The differences between the RED and the BLUE pad is negligible. Choose the color you like most.

The GRAY pad can be used for everything from applying finishing polishes to applying waxes. A lot of people like to use it for applying a liquid wax or sealant because although it's super soft, it's dense enough to withstand added pressure while polishing, which makes it easier to control.

If you ever have any questions before placing an order, we're only a phone call away.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:36 PM
Keep'n it clean- Orlando

Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek
On *most* paints, 105 finishes down nice enough to where you follow up with 205 and a GRAY finishing pad. But like another person mentioned, do a test spot first.

The differences between the RED and the BLUE pad is negligible. Choose the color you like most.

The GRAY pad can be used for everything from applying finishing polishes to applying waxes. A lot of people like to use it for applying a liquid wax or sealant because although it's super soft, it's dense enough to withstand added pressure while polishing, which makes it easier to control.

If you ever have any questions before placing an order, we're only a phone call away.

Thank you sir, I will be making about a $150 order here shortly... are there any upcoming coupons or deals on shipping I should be aware of to hold out for or place an order now?
Old 04-03-2012, 04:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by OntheJob
Thank you sir, I will be making about a $150 order here shortly... are there any upcoming coupons or deals on shipping I should be aware of to hold out for or place an order now?
We have a free shipping block until 7:30pm EST on orders over $125. When a free shipping block is up, you can also take advantage of a coupon code, such as the one found in my signature.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i used a white for m105 when i did mine and used a black for po85. Turned out great. I guess ill try the black with m205 next time around to see how it turns out.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Keep'n it clean- Orlando

Would you guys suggest I start with a WHITE or Black pad for the Meg 205 application to bring out the luster after the 105 if and where needed?
Old 04-05-2012, 06:09 PM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by OntheJob
Would you guys suggest I start with a WHITE or Black pad for the Meg 205 application to bring out the luster after the 105 if and where needed?
Go with the "use the least aggressive method" philosophy here as well. Start with a gray pad with the m205 and see if it finishes down. If the gray pad/m205 combo is still leaving the finish hazy, then step up to the white pad.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:16 AM
Keep'n it clean- Orlando

Originally Posted by alpha07
Go with the "use the least aggressive method" philosophy here as well. Start with a gray pad with the m205 and see if it finishes down. If the gray pad/m205 combo is still leaving the finish hazy, then step up to the white pad.
ahhh ok understandable....