Light-up emblems

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011 | 09:12 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

I like you Steven, you have a way with words
AND I happen to agree with you.
Old 02-28-2011 | 09:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Like I said I haven't seen these lights in person so I can't know what they look like for real but in pics it doesn't look consistent
Old 02-28-2011 | 09:46 PM
Team Owner

^^^ Then you can come to Kansas City and check mine out, Myron. (Go Oilers!)

Actually, I think these rear lights would look even better on a Base TL (because of the solid red tails).
Old 02-28-2011 | 09:48 PM

That's for sure...white was the only option for me because it matched my license lights. Plus, I felt like that color made the emblem look the most naturally backlit...BUT, the red is great and MAN, that extreme blue on WDP is sexy too!
Old 03-01-2011 | 07:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Pre-Coffee

Wow. I have read this whole thread and first of all, I am pre-coffee. So forgive the lack of caffeine spelling or grammar errors, or general bad attitude. Here are some random scatterbrain thoughts in no order of priority.

1. If you doubt what I am about to write, read the very first thread about Amp'd Emblems®, the one GGESQ linked. This is how these threads go. And more than likely, it is the same with most products, unless they are so multi-billion sold, univerally accepted. (Even then....I don't like the Snuggie!)

I'm sure this will piss a few of you off. But...remember...PRE-COFFEE.

Some guy/girl that is into his car and mods, see a product. Mine, yours, whatever. He/she likes it. Gets on a forum and "asks" for opinions. I would say over 70% of all replies of ANY product, get the negative, rice, no way, silly +1, +1000, not me, BS. Then....the poor guy drops the idea. The thread is done.

He had an idea.....and instead of being a leader, thinking on his own, decides to go with the crowd. Sheep. Plain and simple. Lack of courage, and leadership. (Change the adjective to suit your tastes)

2. I have said this thousands (Okay I exaggerate. Know that and deal with it.) of times. THESE LOOK SO MUCH BETTER IN PERSON. They are subtle. It is VERY hard to take a picture of light, in the dark. The very first pictures I had taken of my car, were from a professional paid photographer, with a multi-thousand dollar camera. The reds look orange. So many variations, factors, etc. There is more, but it has all been said by me before.

3. NO ONE, that made the leap of faith, has said anything less than "they love it!"

4. My supporters on this thread, made that non-sheep leap of faith and have had nothing but good things to say about the product, the service, etc.

5. Thank you GGESQ for the link. Thank you to all my supporters/customers like Steven Bell, Rockstar143, CubanLynx84, Leedogg, and Ciscopath. Forgive me if I left anyone on this thread out. There are obviously more. Please, take the time and read my UN-EDITED TESTIMONIALS on my website. All of these guys, have taken the time to defend, on here, a product that they now own. Some of them were skeptical at first, before there were lots of pictures. Obviously, they are satisfied. And if I were ever looking for leaders, thinkers, these are the guys I would be walking with.

6. Sorry about your gag reflex Jimmyl. The dude that bought that one, loves the fact that NO ONE else has one. Plain and simple.....HE LIKES IT.

7. Amazing how brave and rude people are on some of these faceless forums. It's similar to someone walking up to someone on the street, and telling them, "your shoes suck", "you dress like a girl", "I don't like green", etc. First of all, these are things some 3rd graders would be saying to each other before they understand life. Second, it goes back to one of my other points of a year ago. It's like someone asking you what your favorite color is, you answer, and they tell you that your choice sucks. It's absolutely crazy. I doubt any of the "opinion givers/haters" would walk up to anyone of these supporters and tell them this negative BS to their face.

Everyone can have an opinion. It's just how you go about bashing and presenting it. Don't get it? When your wife/girlfriend whomever, asks you if their butt looks fat in these pants/dress....do you come right out and say..."yes honey...it looks so much fatter than Megan Fox's ass." Not.

8. This is for everyone in life. Be brave. Don't be a sheep. Lead, don't follow. If you like a product, a color, a car (remember, there are guys out there driving 24" rims on Malibus, that laught at the TL), whatever, and whomever....support it and go for it. If not, look for another one. But truly, there is no need for bashing. Some people just like to be heard. And they find that if they bash on these threads, suddenly they can feel big.

Thanks for listening. And thank you again, to all of the supporters on here, that have actually taken time out of their busy life, to respond and defend this product.

Coffee time.

Ampd

Name:  27064.gif
Views: 5596
Size:  43.2 KB

One more thing....several of the "opinion givers" feel so strongly negative about this, that this is not their first thread at negativity. They got bashed for being negative before, and disappeared. Now they have re-emerged just to give someone new their "opinion" that was not popular before. Interesting.

Last edited by Ampd; 03-01-2011 at 08:09 AM.
Old 03-01-2011 | 08:44 AM
under renovations....

Originally Posted by Ampd
Wow. I have read this whole thread and first of all, I am pre-coffee. So forgive the lack of caffeine spelling or grammar errors, or general bad attitude. Here are some random scatterbrain thoughts in no order of priority.

1. If you doubt what I am about to write, read the very first thread about Amp'd Emblems®, the one GGESQ linked. This is how these threads go. And more than likely, it is the same with most products, unless they are so multi-billion sold, univerally accepted. (Even then....I don't like the Snuggie!)

I'm sure this will piss a few of you off. But...remember...PRE-COFFEE.

Some guy/girl that is into his car and mods, see a product. Mine, yours, whatever. He/she likes it. Gets on a forum and "asks" for opinions. I would say over 70% of all replies of ANY product, get the negative, rice, no way, silly +1, +1000, not me, BS. Then....the poor guy drops the idea. The thread is done.

He had an idea.....and instead of being a leader, thinking on his own, decides to go with the crowd. Sheep. Plain and simple. Lack of courage, and leadership. (Change the adjective to suit your tastes)

2. I have said this thousands (Okay I exaggerate. Know that and deal with it.) of times. THESE LOOK SO MUCH BETTER IN PERSON. They are subtle. It is VERY hard to take a picture of light, in the dark. The very first pictures I had taken of my car, were from a professional paid photographer, with a multi-thousand dollar camera. The reds look orange. So many variations, factors, etc. There is more, but it has all been said by me before.

3. NO ONE, that made the leap of faith, has said anything less than "they love it!"

4. My supporters on this thread, made that non-sheep leap of faith and have had nothing but good things to say about the product, the service, etc.

5. Thank you GGESQ for the link. Thank you to all my supporters/customers like Steven Bell, Rockstar143, CubanLynx84, Leedogg, and Ciscopath. Forgive me if I left anyone on this thread out. There are obviously more. Please, take the time and read my UN-EDITED TESTIMONIALS on my website. All of these guys, have taken the time to defend, on here, a product that they now own. Some of them were skeptical at first, before there were lots of pictures. Obviously, they are satisfied. And if I were ever looking for leaders, thinkers, these are the guys I would be walking with.

6. Sorry about your gag reflex Jimmyl. The dude that bought that one, loves the fact that NO ONE else has one. Plain and simple.....HE LIKES IT.

7. Amazing how brave and rude people are on some of these faceless forums. It's similar to someone walking up to someone on the street, and telling them, "your shoes suck", "you dress like a girl", "I don't like green", etc. First of all, these are things some 3rd graders would be saying to each other before they understand life. Second, it goes back to one of my other points of a year ago. It's like someone asking you what your favorite color is, you answer, and they tell you that your choice sucks. It's absolutely crazy. I doubt any of the "opinion givers/haters" would walk up to anyone of these supporters and tell them this negative BS to their face.

Everyone can have an opinion. It's just how you go about bashing and presenting it. Don't get it? When your wife/girlfriend whomever, asks you if their butt looks fat in these pants/dress....do you come right out and say..."yes honey...it looks so much fatter than Megan Fox's ass." Not.

8. This is for everyone in life. Be brave. Don't be a sheep. Lead, don't follow. If you like a product, a color, a car (remember, there are guys out there driving 24" rims on Malibus, that laught at the TL), whatever, and whomever....support it and go for it. If not, look for another one. But truly, there is no need for bashing. Some people just like to be heard. And they find that if they bash on these threads, suddenly they can feel big.

Thanks for listening. And thank you again, to all of the supporters on here, that have actually taken time out of their busy life, to respond and defend this product.

Coffee time.

Ampd

One more thing....several of the "opinion givers" feel so strongly negative about this, that this is not their first thread at negativity. They got bashed for being negative before, and disappeared. Now they have re-emerged just to give someone new their "opinion" that was not popular before. Interesting.
THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS!!!!!!!!!

you also forgot DAN whom when he got the emblem and then I saw it IN PERSON IN THE DAYTIME NO LESS made me want one too. Oh and I still gotta hook up with you about the one for wifey's car in green. I shut my FB account down some months back so don't think I deleted you
Old 03-01-2011 | 08:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Absolutely Cuban!,

There are many more AZ members on here that deserve mention. Dan, DWB, lots more. I just mentioned the ones in this thread. Thanks again for the posts and the support. Hope all is well.

Ampd

Views: 5572
Old 03-01-2011 | 08:57 AM
under renovations....

Name:  7fdbaa9a-1-1.jpg
Views: 6397
Size:  115.2 KB
Old 03-01-2011 | 09:07 AM

I don't know how anyone would see that and think it's cheesy, but...to each their own. I think it looks great. I think people are stuck on the emblems of yesteryear where they were glow in the dark or heavily overdone or visible during the day or on ebay for $10.

I am telling you all, now that most car manuf. have figured out LED lighting is affordable and reliable and are putting them in OEM headlights...you will see more and more stuff like this emerge.

J.

Oh, and I heart Megan Fox...just sayin
Old 03-01-2011 | 09:22 AM
Former Sponsor

And Rockstar,

You are correct. There has not yet been an Amp'd Integra made yet. A few Integra guys want one, but I am still in the R & D phase for them. Whatever emblem was spoken of, it wasn't an Amp'd Emblem®.

And Megan Fox hearts you too.....

Views: 5647
Old 03-02-2011 | 11:45 PM
Racer

Amen, Amp'd. People are still stuck in the olden days of.....

which I admit is where I drew my original opinion from. I posted the pic so others can make a real comparison between what Amp'd emblems are and what the old ones used to be but looking at the activity of the thread after your post..................I think you've pretty much shot it down already.

And your "Be the head, not the tail" post should be sticky-ed somewhere. I've seen vendors "apologize" to people who dislike (yet don't even own) their products but never one to tell it like it is. Much props, man. I'll be hitting you up soon for the front bumper emblem.
Old 03-03-2011 | 06:31 AM

Steve, good opportunity to put up a comparison shot with the one cisco posted above...would give people a good visual at what they are visualizing and criticizing vs. what you are actually selling.
Old 03-04-2011 | 09:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Thanks for the post and the comments Cisco. I appreciate them and your continued support.

That is quite the interesting emblem! I have never seen anything like that. I would say that obviously, Amp'd Emblems® look nothing like that one!

I will say also, that some might like that one better than Amp'd Emblems®. I have had an inquiry about "uniform" light. As you and all of my customers know, the Amp'd Emblem has a unique light pattern that is not entirely uniform and doesn't have light transmission through the emblem. All of our light is reflected. With that, views from different angles give unique impressions of the emblem. Better? Worse? Different. IMO...unique.

I say this, in support of people's opinion that want different things. I am completely happy that I have had the support I have with the fans of Amp'd Emblems®. I do know however that not everyone will love one. And that is fine!

So as Rockstar mentioned, here is one of ours/yours.

Thanks,

Amp'd

Name:  IMG_3928.jpg
Views: 8917
Size:  21.3 KB

Name:  whitecompressed.jpg
Views: 5630
Size:  2.4 KB

Name:  DSC00351.jpg
Views: 9323
Size:  85.0 KB

Name:  FrontBlueCropped.jpg
Views: 12925
Size:  61.8 KB

Name:  100_3587.jpg
Views: 5611
Size:  10.2 KB

Old 03-04-2011 | 09:19 AM

See...I like those, especially the first one
Old 03-04-2011 | 09:28 AM
BANNED

i'm going to get the hyper white for the front emblem, and tap into the parking lights. also getting red for the rear and tap into the license plate lights. so both will be on when the parking lights are on regardless...correct?
Old 03-04-2011 | 10:13 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rockstar143
See...I like those, especially the first one
Thought you might like that one... It is one of my favorites.

Views: 5552
Old 03-04-2011 | 10:15 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SharksBreath
i'm going to get the hyper white for the front emblem, and tap into the parking lights. also getting red for the rear and tap into the license plate lights. so both will be on when the parking lights are on regardless...correct?
You are correct Shark. The Extremes for the front.

Views: 5491
Old 03-04-2011 | 10:17 AM

Whatever you wire to for signal will determine when they are on. I personally like to wire my up to my glove compartment light so that mine only comes on when I look in my glove compartment...

...NOT !
Old 03-04-2011 | 10:21 AM
BANNED

You are correct Shark. The Extremes for the front.
yeah, extreme for the front

will be placing my order soon.

Whatever you wire to for signal will determine when they are on. I personally like to wire my up to my glove compartment light so that mine only comes on when I look in my glove compartment...

...NOT !
nice...

how do you have yours done, J? do you have front n rear or just front?
Old 03-04-2011 | 10:30 AM

Dude...front AND rear...a MUST!
lol...
I have them wired to my parking lights, both of them.
Old 03-04-2011 | 10:36 AM
BANNED

got a link or can you send me a PM?

i get the parking lights for the front part...but the rear? how do you get to them? what am i missing here?

sorry for the n00b moment...
Old 03-04-2011 | 10:40 AM
Former Sponsor

I think he means license plate light wires for the rear...which go on when at least the parking lights are on.
Old 03-04-2011 | 10:52 AM
BANNED

^confirmed. i had thought the same thing.

thanks
Old 03-04-2011 | 11:21 AM

Yes, that is true...OR, you techically can probably snake the wires down the hinges and under that cover to the actual rear parking lights, but no need to complicate!
Old 03-06-2011 | 08:33 AM
Registered Member

Well got here late to this but wow! I have got nothing but compliments with mine.Definitely not a ricey mod at all, Looks like it came stock with the car. This mod has to be seen in person first before making a judgement (right Cuban? lol).

All right who forgot about rockyfeller lol
Old 03-06-2011 | 10:26 AM
under renovations....

Originally Posted by Dan1629
This mod has to be seen in person first before making a judgement (right Cuban? lol).

this is correct my good man!! And I forgot about rock too I was supposed to look at his too that day but since we both have wdp it was just easier to make my decision.
Old 03-06-2011 | 01:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dan1629
Well got here late to this but wow! I have got nothing but compliments with mine.Definitely not a ricey mod at all, Looks like it came stock with the car. This mod has to be seen in person first before making a judgement (right Cuban? lol).

Originally Posted by CubanLynx84
this is correct my good man!! And I forgot about rock too I was supposed to look at his too that day but since we both have wdp it was just easier to make my decision.

Thank you gentlemen!

Views: 5615
Old 02-26-2013 | 11:12 PM
Advanced

Thank you gentlemen!

I want some of this shit too!
Please Pm me a deal Mr. Amped!
sell me back and front.
I will need your help or our members advise on what color to get i am Not sure.
my Tail lights are solid red i have bright white license plate lights and my front head lights are white with fog light white with little blue what would you Mr. Amp suggest or other member recommend?
I am asking for help or advise IF YOU ONLY HAVE NEGATIVE SHIT TO SAY DO NOT Reply!
The following users liked this post:
Ampd (03-07-2013)
Old 02-27-2013 | 01:59 AM
Advanced

to each their own in the end its their car their style
Ampd (03-07-2013)
Old 02-27-2013 | 06:28 AM

Brother, don't think you can go wrong with too many colors...maybe extreme white on the front and extreme red on the back wired to the brake lights?

Name:  IMG_3099.jpg
Views: 5664
Size:  29.3 KB
Ampd (03-07-2013)
Old 02-27-2013 | 08:56 AM
Racer

Brother, don't think you can go wrong with too many colors...maybe extreme white on the front and extreme red on the back wired to the brake lights?
I agree with rockstar143, front in white and red for the rear. I only have the rear emblem and its in white.
Ampd (03-07-2013)
Old 02-27-2013 | 12:33 PM

I actually have white both front/back too...I like the clean look.
Ampd (03-07-2013)
Old 02-27-2013 | 07:17 PM
Team Owner

These are excellent additions for any TL. I've got a red one on the back and a white one on the front.

They look classy, they're subdued, so the blend in with everything else.

This is a "can't miss" mod.
Ampd (03-07-2013)
Old 02-27-2013 | 07:22 PM
Engineer in Training

My is that it looks really ricey. People who ask if it came with the car probably ask because it's odd or not normal to them....hence usually not OEM.

I wouldn't do it to mine. People who like them are usually also people who like added headlight LED strips. I'm all for function over form, which is I like things like LED or cold cathodes in place of halogen lights for licence plates.

Whatever floats your boat though, it wouldn't be a fun place if every TL looked the same.
Old 02-27-2013 | 09:12 PM
I like turtles

The rice girls

People of the Force! (rice up your life)
It's the weapon of your choice! (rice up your life)
People of the Force! (rice up your life)
aaaaaAAAAA