Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fog light question

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 11:08 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fog light question

Considering getting a third gen TL and was wondering if any of you have installed yellow bulbs in the standard fogs. Also has anyone put fogs in the lower grill area.

If you have pics that would be nice.

Thx
Old 02-17-2005, 11:31 PM
.:KCCO:.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
s

e

a

r

c

h
Old 02-17-2005, 11:35 PM
Racer

Plenty of info out there on this topic... but the white fogs are pretty nifty IMO
Old 02-17-2005, 11:55 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Exclamation

We encourage ppl to run the SEARCH, meanwhile, we truly hope our veterans could provide a little info for newbies or those who is too lazy to search, instead of just posting "search" or "RTFM". You could say these two words after you provide a little info/links. Thanks.

To veterans, if this type of threads make you irked, please ignore them. Otherwise, please post something meaningful. Thanks for your cooperation. This will lead forums to the better levels.

To diori, you could simply seach 3G or Garage, I bet you could get plenty of info. As for the lower grill mounted fog-light, unfortunately, no one has accomplished it yet in past 16 months. (I wish I'm wrong here.)
Old 02-18-2005, 12:08 AM
Pro

I guess I was being a little lazy. I have an CL-S and have been on the CL Side for a while. Did find plenty of info on the fog bulbs just haven't found any pics yet.

Thanks for the info rets.
Old 02-18-2005, 12:09 AM
Hello!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why do you want yellow bulbs?
Old 02-18-2005, 12:15 AM
Pro

Had an 05 TL for a loaner and thought that the yellow would be a nice contrast against the Xenon headlights. Purely cosmetic.
Old 02-18-2005, 12:34 AM
an Acura has-been

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by diori
Had an 05 TL for a loaner and thought that the yellow would be a nice contrast against the Xenon headlights. Purely cosmetic.
Diori, I changed my fogs to yellow at the end of 2003, here is a link to the image station site:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?i...12&mode=invite

Here is a link to the original thread: Go to post 41 or so for some photos that sometimes show up.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...highlight=gold

Here shows the left one yellow, right OEM bulb:

Old 02-18-2005, 12:51 AM
Pro

Vey nice. Thx for the pics. Will be my first mod when I pick her up.
Old 02-18-2005, 12:52 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by rets
We encourage ppl to run the SEARCH, meanwhile, we truly hope our veterans could provide a little info for newbies or those who is too lazy to search, instead of just posting "search" or "RTFM". You could say these two words after you provide a little info/links. Thanks.

To veterans, if this type of threads make you irked, please ignore them. Otherwise, please post something meaningful. Thanks for your cooperation. This will lead forums to the better levels.

To diori, you could simply seach 3G or Garage, I bet you could get plenty of info. As for the lower grill mounted fog-light, unfortunately, no one has accomplished it yet in past 16 months. (I wish I'm wrong here.)

Okay, let me get this straight... I don't know the answer, but recall reading several posts on them and you're going to chastize for not doing the research?

Dude, letting him know that the info is out there should be enough, especially since there is so much info out there on this (and not just in the garage section).
Old 02-18-2005, 12:52 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Once again, diori, these pics and links are all collected insides the GARAGE...
Old 02-18-2005, 01:05 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Unhappy You will see all of MODs posting the similar "note" from now on...

Originally Posted by Yoda117
Okay, let me get this straight... I don't know the answer, but recall reading several posts on them and you're going to chastize for not doing the research?

Dude, letting him know that the info is out there should be enough, especially since there is so much info out there on this (and not just in the garage section).
I agree your points. Thanks for getting this straight...

Also, there have been too many redundant questions days and night. 95% of topics are repeated. If veterans like me stay here more than 16 months, they would be gone 'cause all they have seen is "duplication"...

Well, I'm not pointing to you, but to "ayethetiense"... I should say it clearly.

I said do not only post "search" or "rtfm". You're not.

Don't get yourself in. Dude.
Old 02-18-2005, 05:52 AM
.:KCCO:.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i was in a hurry for a poker game and i decided to check on whats goin on up in here...

thats all, i was in a hurry... i didnt have time to pull up the thread that i started in the past....

while i do understand your concern, sometimes it needs to be said and simply said to do a search...

its not like i was making fun of him or chastizing him for not searching first....

if i said something like....

"hey man, are you stupid or something, there is a search button... now use it!"

that would be completely uncalled for.... and then i would understand if you were upset with me....

just sucks that i was used as an example when it has been done a million times in the past

thats all... just my opinion

i hope you guys understand that i was not trying to stir up any waters

this is a great forum and i have learned a lot from it, i also hope that i have been able to help others as well

i respect the mods as you have all done a great job, but a leader should lead, not jump to conclusions....

per your instructions "You could say these two words after you provide a little info/links. Thanks."

i would just be able to say, "i did this in the past, use the search feature" and that would be ok... but that instills the same notion

and also, "To veterans, if this type of threads make you irked, please ignore them. Otherwise, please post something meaningful. Thanks for your cooperation. This will lead forums to the better levels"

i think that what i did was useful. i cant say for sure that it made that person use the search feature but it may have got them to.... or at least they thought about searching after that....

i dont have beef with anyone, i just dont like being chastized for something that was not ill-thought

o btw, i just got back from playing poker right now... i originally posted that message 6 hours ago

im sure that nobody likes being "pointed out"
Old 02-18-2005, 09:55 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Cool

Thanks for your understanding...

I don't have problems with you guys...

We decided to start this campaign last night...

And, you will see more ppl used as examples from now on...

Btw, I do lead and try to post a little more...

I'll remind myself of this all the time...

Thanks...

Just try to help forums and make them better for everyone...

I may have to play the poker game tonight... it's so stressful here...
Old 03-20-2008, 12:31 PM
10th Gear

Fog Lamp bulbs ---- Yellow vs White

Hello all,

Just want to get everybodie's feedback on what is better to replace my foglight bulb with. I saw some of the yellow HIDs on some of the TLs but have not really seen a white buld replacement.

What do you guys think? Yellow or White ???

Also, if you have pics, that would be great !