Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Aftermarket Grills?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 11:29 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any Aftermarket Grills?

SO I realize that Acura themselves made this 'aftermarket' or as they call it 'prototype' car... but I really like that grill a lot more than the stock one. Anyone know if its something they used from an aftermarket manufactuerer or if they designed it and made it for this?

Also why everyone is looking at this... I read on the page that was talking about it that: "Its strong stance comes courtesy of a two-inch-wider track, lowered suspension, extended fender flares and an eye-catching set of custom 21-inch wheels.."

I was wondering how hard/expensive that would be to extend the track and flare the fenders.

Thanks, Austin.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:45 PM
professional TL driver

Originally Posted by EleVatE
SO I realize that Acura themselves made this 'aftermarket' or as they call it 'prototype' car... but I really like that grill a lot more than the stock one. Anyone know if its something they used from an aftermarket manufactuerer or if they designed it and made it for this?

Also why everyone is looking at this... I read on the page that was talking about it that: "Its strong stance comes courtesy of a two-inch-wider track, lowered suspension, extended fender flares and an eye-catching set of custom 21-inch wheels.."

I was wondering how hard/expensive that would be to extend the track and flare the fenders.

Thanks, Austin.
that is more then just a new grill, the entire bumper is modified to get that look, as the grill is taller. you will also notice acura is not printed in the front of it....

as too the fender flairs, your talking big bucks.... as paint and body work are very labor intesive and the cost is reflected in that
Old 02-16-2005, 01:33 AM
Instructor

Ah I didn't notice that. Thanks.

Something I thought that might look ince... if you get the Grill that is on the RonJon site, or similar. (I saw a solid mesh one w/ carbon fiber lip in the modded photo gallary) and just get one of those Acura Emblems on ebay and put it on there... would that work? assumiing you didn't get one of those rice red or yellow ones I think it'd look nice.

And yeah I figured it'd be expensive to do that. But I mean do they have to put a new piece of metal on or did they just use something to flare it out (i mean there are 21's on this thing). And how exactly do they extend the track?