Prepaid maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 09:53 AM
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts
Prepaid maintenance

My fellow rlx owners, how much does maintenance at acura dealerships cost? There are different services. I want to see whether it is worth it to get the prepaid maintenance. I live in the bay area in California and the regular oil and filter change is like $70 here. Add tire rotation and other fluids like tranny, awd system, tire rotations. I am guessing those services will cost alot at acura dealerships. Given the sport hybrid is a new system, I intend to take it only to acura dealerships. Your advice and personal experience on cost of scheduled maintenance costs is greatly appreciated.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:20 AM
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts
Regular oil changes at my local dealer is $25, but that is not synthetic which is $69. A transmission flush is $136 and tire rotation is $20.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:33 AM
Racer

Also you could get maintenance done at a Honda dealer and they do charge less for synthetic oil changes.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:39 AM
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by wilspainar
Regular oil changes at my local dealer is $25, but that is not synthetic which is $69. A transmission flush is $136 and tire rotation is $20.
oil changes are twice a year. Tranny flush maybe every other year. Tire rotation lets say twice a year. They didnt even offer the prepaid maintenance but I saw offers for 885 reported here. If i do just tire rotations and oil changes for four years thats 720 + one tranny flush that's 856 right there. Gotta make sure the prepaid maintenance includes synthetic oil. I am sure the awd sustem has at least one service and that will be 100 at least. I think it pays for itself and I can go to the nearest dealer. Thanks for the info. Does the 69 include filter as well?
Old 05-24-2017, 05:21 PM
Pro

Received 355 Likes on 190 Posts
Canadian RLX's come automatically with four years of no charge scheduled maintenance - so I guess we are lucky with that!
Old 05-24-2017, 06:05 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Limelight
Canadian RLX's come automatically with four years of no charge scheduled maintenance - so I guess we are lucky with that!
Oh sure keep bragging how cool Candian's have it.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:46 PM
Pro

Received 355 Likes on 190 Posts
Originally Posted by wilspainar
Oh sure keep bragging how cool Candian's have it.
Haha - if you saw the value of the Canadian dollar these days, there's nothing to brag about. Maybe Acura felt sorry for us!
Old 05-25-2017, 07:50 AM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts
Originally Posted by Limelight
Haha - if you saw the value of the Canadian dollar these days, there's nothing to brag about. Maybe Acura felt sorry for us!
At MSRP there is quite a bit of "excess profit" in the sales of Japanese built cars in the United States if the configuration of MSRP were calculated in terms of 2008-2015 speculations.

There's all kinds of room for maneuver, including radical reduction of of MSRP at sales time.

Most Honda and Acura cars, however, no longer have the almost 100% JDM content of the KC1 and KC2.
The following users liked this post:
pgeorg (05-25-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 07:54 AM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts
Regular maintenance costs a lot here where I am, perhaps because every visit is some kind of premium service. :-)

So I don't want to even talk to you about what my 10,000 mile services cost. They're quite a bit more than what is being discussed here.

I don't mind "premium" very much, and I don't mind people trying hard to make extra money. I know what's going on.

The only time I questioned something was when an older hand who didn't usually man the Acura side of the dealership put an oil additive into the oil change price without talking to me...and then American Honda said that this might have been at least partly responsible for the hitch in my VCM rocker arm assemblies and how they operated less than smoothly.

American Honda went way, way out of the way to get the improved JDM parts from Japan, and gave me a nice loaner car for the duration of the wait.

But, still, that was a lot of bother that didn't really need to happen.

The dealership have cleared out their stock of additives since American Honda says not to use them.
The following users liked this post:
pgeorg (05-25-2017)