Prices Paid and Offers Accepted 2019 RDX

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 03:13 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I bought a Tech AWD in atlanta. I wasnt eligible for the loyalty or conquest incentive. Was looking for a specific color combo that wasn't in inventory at any dealers locally. One dealership wanted 500 off MSRP for a car coming in a couple of weeks. Went to another dealer got it for 1400 off MSRP, I had initially offered 3000 off msrp. Not as good as some of the deals I'm seeing here for sure, but awd versions seem to make up only 5-10% of RDXs on the lots.
Old 11-02-2018, 10:20 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody Buy in Western PA (Pittsburgh)

Hi,
Looking at an RDX Advanced in the greater Pittsburgh area. Willing to drive a distance for a better deal. Wondering if anyone has been down this road already and can recommend the dealer with the best pricing. Thx.

Old 11-03-2018, 06:55 PM
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by flyfishing
Hi,
Looking at an RDX Advanced in the greater Pittsburgh area. Willing to drive a distance for a better deal. Wondering if anyone has been down this road already and can recommend the dealer with the best pricing. Thx.
If you mean just the greater Pittsburgh area I haven't seen anyone post any deals there. I posted what I found about a week ago. The closest one to you would be Pohanka in Chantilly, VA. Maybe a four hour drive for you. Since it's the first of the month there may not be any good deals yet.
Old 11-03-2018, 08:57 PM
8th Gear

Thanks. Just hoping there was someone closer. Appreciate the followup!
Old 11-03-2018, 11:19 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by flyfishing
Thanks. Just hoping there was someone closer. Appreciate the followup!
Actually my drive was a little longer than yours would be but the best I could do in my town was 900 off vs 3250 off in Virginia. So the drive was worth it to me. Of course I'm retired so that makes a difference too.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:27 AM
1st Gear

Hello Guys,

Hope everyone reads this.. IF you are on the east side or any where kind of within Virginia. Go to Pohanka Acura... best price in the nation thus far and I've done a lot of homework.
Preston Hill was who I worked with and he was phenomenal.

I just purchased a 2019 AWD Tech RDX for 40,156 FINAL OTD.

This price included the 1000 for loyalty program and 500 for college graduate. Also, tax/tags/fees are all included in this price. Even if you aren't a college grad or qualify for the loyalty program you can still get the Tech package for under 42,000 which is insane. All dealers within 200 miles of me laughed at my offer/quote and said I'd get scammed.

I made the trip from Cleveland to Pohanka Acura in Virginia and it was the best decision ever made. These guys are professionals and will truly help you out. I looked into the AWD A-Spec and that final price was 43,500. So I'm telling you if you're willing to make a trip there please do and see Preston Hill - great guy.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:29 AM
Advanced

My experience also.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:39 AM
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by __Josip10
Hello Guys,

Hope everyone reads this.. IF you are on the east side or any where kind of within Virginia. Go to Pohanka Acura... best price in the nation thus far and I've done a lot of homework.

This price included the 1000 for loyalty program and 500 for college graduate. Also, tax/tags/fees are all included in this price. Even if you aren't a college grad or qualify for the loyalty program you can still get the Tech package for under 42,000 which is insane. All dealers within 200 miles of me laughed at my offer/quote and said I'd get scammed.

I made the trip from Cleveland to Pohanka Acura in Virginia and it was the best decision ever made. These guys are professionals and will truly help you out. I looked into the AWD A-Spec and that final price was 43,500. So I'm telling you if you're willing to make a trip there please do and see Preston Hill - great guy.
Advance pkg from them was $44500 and that was with no real haggling..Price was good until end of Oct..so not sure what it is now....Im thinking I am going another car route.....
Old 11-04-2018, 11:54 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wondering if anyone got a good deal in NYC area? I'm currently in the market for a RDX tech (white exterior, and expresso interior). I went to Plaza Acura in brooklyn 3 months ago, they only gave me -500 MSRP. The closest dealership is Acura Paragon which I heard they tried to rip of customers (Google them, you can find out they got sued). I don't mind driving to NJ, CT or Long Island. Plz share your experience with me if you got a good deal in NYC area. Thanks!
Old 11-04-2018, 11:56 AM
Instructor

Hello Guys,

That is the best deal I've heard so far. Unfortunately, I live in NYC and Virginia is too far for me :-(
Old 11-04-2018, 11:56 AM
Instructor

Hello Guys,

Can you share your negotiation experience?
Old 11-04-2018, 12:26 PM
Racer

Pohanka said they would deliver as well. I did that a few yrs ago for my wifes Foester....bought it at 1 dealership and they met us half way.....too easy!!
Old 11-04-2018, 12:49 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Monster_HK
Wondering if anyone got a good deal in NYC area? I'm currently in the market for a RDX tech (white exterior, and expresso interior). I went to Plaza Acura in brooklyn 3 months ago, they only gave me -500 MSRP. The closest dealership is Acura Paragon which I heard they tried to rip of customers (Google them, you can find out they got sued). I don't mind driving to NJ, CT or Long Island. Plz share your experience with me if you got a good deal in NYC area. Thanks!
DCH Montclair or Springfield in NJ gave me very good prices a few weeks ago but since the end of the month has passed the price has probably gone back up. You need to catch them near the end of the month when they are behind on sales.
Old 11-04-2018, 06:57 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Boltface
DCH Montclair or Springfield in NJ gave me very good prices a few weeks ago but since the end of the month has passed the price has probably gone back up. You need to catch them near the end of the month when they are behind on sales.
I will definitely request a quote from them. I will wait til december since december should be the best time to buy a car. I also own a 2013 accord, do I still get the loyalty discount of $1000 if I'm not going to trade it in?
Old 11-04-2018, 07:18 PM
DWG
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts
I will definitely request a quote from them. I will wait til december since december should be the best time to buy a car. I also own a 2013 accord, do I still get the loyalty discount of $1000 if I'm not going to trade it in?
You should. According to the Acura website, the loyalty incentive for owners of 2009 or newer Hondas or Acuras continues until 1/2/19.
Old 11-04-2018, 08:59 PM
2nd Gear

.... Same situation... NYC here... Following this thread...
Old 11-04-2018, 10:11 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by dlr213
.... Same situation... NYC here... Following this thread...
Which trim are you looking for? Update me if you get one soon.
Old 11-04-2018, 10:23 PM
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts
Hello Guys,

Can you post the price breakdown, before taxes, tags, etc. What was the discount and doc fee. I think Pohanka charges a $699 doc fee so it would be interesting to see how large of a discount it was before the doc fee. Thanks! Great deal!
Old 11-04-2018, 10:29 PM
2nd Gear

Following

Advance AWD. Will do.
Old 11-05-2018, 09:35 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by skarface
Can you post the price breakdown, before taxes, tags, etc. What was the discount and doc fee. I think Pohanka charges a $699 doc fee so it would be interesting to see how large of a discount it was before the doc fee. Thanks! Great deal!
They do charge 699 doc fee but when you add that to 39,500 you wind up with a good price for a TECH/AWD. I really don't care what the doc/processing fee is if you wind up with a good price.

When I compared prices I wanted all dealer fees included but no tax and tags. Also asked them to ID any incentives like loyalty etc. I asked for this since I knew I didn't qualify for any and didn't want any surprises at the end.

I always thought that end of the year was likely the best time to get a deal but I was told they strive to win on volumes every calendar month. So the next good deal opportunity will be the last week or so of November. That of course depends on what kind of sales month they are having. If lots of people are walking thru the door buying the internet deals won't be as good. Also when you hear on the news that new car sales are not what they should be they are telling you that you have an opportunity for a deal.

Edited to add: Before I sent out quote emails I checked the dealer inventory for specifically what i was looking for. If it's not on the lot or in transit that's not a good sign.

Last edited by Boltface; 11-05-2018 at 09:38 AM.
Old 11-05-2018, 05:51 PM
Cruisin'

I have a dealership saying that if I send them a purchase agreement they will match/do better. I've got emails with offers and then followup emails specifying OTD cost before govt taxes. Is this typically not enough "proof"?
Old 11-05-2018, 06:50 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by contdes
I have a dealership saying that if I send them a purchase agreement they will match/do better. I've got emails with offers and then followup emails specifying OTD cost before govt taxes. Is this typically not enough "proof"?
I had a NC dealer say they would match any written price. I sent them the price and said if they would match this I would send them the email. They said no way they could match the price and enjoy your RDX. It seemed that the email which had the dealer artwork would have been good enough but we never got that far since the price was too low for them. I was initially reluctant to send them the low bid email because I didn't want them calling the dealer and screwing up my deal.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:58 AM
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
I had similar experience with dealer in Charlotte NC. They asked for email quote to match and then denied after seeing it. But then, another dealer in Durham NC was ready to match after seeing the quote.
Old 11-07-2018, 01:33 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
RDX Deals in Plano Texas ?

Seems to good to be true-$4,750 off 2019 RDX. I would take a base model at that price if I lived near the dealership.

If local, check it out. If many catches, let us know.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
WA1BNAFY.pdf (118.6 KB, 231 views)
Old 11-07-2018, 05:14 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by idgystinks
Seems to good to be true-$4,750 off 2019 RDX. I would take a base model at that price if I lived near the dealership.

Pohanka acura in VA offered me $5280 off at the end of Oct $44500 (that included destination $$)
Old 11-07-2018, 05:47 PM
Cruisin'

I got the same email from Plano but the $4750 included the loyalty/conquest discount, which I don’t qualify for. Picking up there would be less convenient but for that price, worth the extra pain. Did the $5280 include that discount?
Old 11-07-2018, 06:20 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by contdes
I got the same email from Plano but the $4750 included the loyalty/conquest discount, which I don’t qualify for. Picking up there would be less convenient but for that price, worth the extra pain. Did the $5280 include that discount?
Not sure.....I was offered $45900 at Tischer.......Then a salesguy at Radley Acura said he would do $45000 including destination. Kept telling me paying destination fee was a rip off and that most dealerships charge it to you twice??? The Pohanka Acura contacted me and I told them Radley had offered my $45000 including destination and he said ok...$44500(including destination) That was good until the end of Oct. So there are deals to be had.....but I'm still looking..have it narrowed down to a few options now..or just keep my Outback.
Old 11-08-2018, 05:38 AM
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by idgystinks

don't trust these numbers. Ask for OTD price for your location with detail price breakup to be sure. Dealers sometime add too many extra "fees/charges" on top of advertised price.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:56 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Coolguy
don't trust these numbers. Ask for OTD price for your location with detail price breakup to be sure. Dealers sometime add too many extra "fees/charges" on top of advertised price.
I got another offer of $3700 off from a FL dealer. When I asked for additional costs, got $800 dealer fee and $250 tags. I have transfer tags so wouldn’t be so much. If I go this route I need another email exchange that line items each thing and confirms discount does not include loyalty or conquest. And that price includes destination charge. I did ask for line break down but of course didn’t get it even by third email.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:33 PM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Well, after a couple of months trying to negotiate for the RDX, I ended up going with a 2019 MDX SH-Awd with Tech and protection package. I'm in SoCal and with all fees included I got it at $47,300. It's leased, so there are more incentives, so long story short, the monthly payment was a lot less that I could have leased the RDX for.

The following users liked this post:
Curious3GTL (11-08-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 08:46 PM
Cruisin'

Got a good deal from DCH Montclair. $43600 ASpec SHWD with Remote Starter (could probably requested more accessories like mats, etc)
Old 11-08-2018, 09:24 PM
10th Gear

I got a quote from a dealer in NY - AWD/tech @ $40,500. Good offer? Thank you guys in advance!
Old 11-08-2018, 09:45 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by DakotaStorm
I got a quote from a dealer in NY - AWD/tech @ $40,500. Good offer? Thank you guys in advance!
Thats 3k off MSRP. I’d say that’s a good deal but how much are you going to pay in dealer fees etc? I’ve got an offer for $3750 off (4750 with loyalty). But there’s another chunk of fees.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:07 PM
10th Gear

@contdes $44,500 OTD is the number they offered.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:40 AM
Advanced

If that includes all dealer fees, in other words everything except tax and tags, and does not include Loyality or Conquest discount it's a good price. My best quote was 40,194 for Tech/AWD. So comparing it to my quote you might get another 300 off.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:00 AM
Instructor

is 43600 OTD price? Seem like they offer the best price in NYC area.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:06 AM
Instructor

@contdes $44,500 OTD is the number they offered.
I think somebody in this forum got $40,XXX OTD.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:34 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 124 Posts
^^^yes...it was a great dream
Old 11-09-2018, 09:51 AM
10th Gear

I think somebody in this forum got $40,XXX OTD.
Yea I showed that price to the sales manager and asked for $43,000 OTD. He said 44,500 is the best price he could offer.

I also got a quote from Springfield Acura @ $40,837 (not include TT&L and doc fee), not an appealing offer.

Are you still looking for a 2019 RDX? Any offer from the NYC/Long Island based dealers?
Old 11-09-2018, 10:14 AM
Instructor

Yea I showed that price to the sales manager and asked for $43,000 OTD. He said 44,500 is the best price he could offer.

I also got a quote from Springfield Acura @ $40,837 (not include TT&L and doc fee), not an appealing offer.

Are you still looking for a 2019 RDX? Any offer from the NYC/Long Island based dealers?
Yes, but I wait til December, I'm not in rush. If no good deal, I just keep my 2013 accord.

Quick Reply: Prices Paid and Offers Accepted 2019 RDX