Prices Paid and Offers Accepted 2019 RDX

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2018, 09:32 AM
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by contdes
Question: I’ve got a 3300 off plus tax deal now at an out of town dealer. But looking likely I cannot pick up till mid December (work). Will dealers be more or less incentivized a month from now to make the best offer? My choices are to put down a 1k deposit now to secure price and vehicle in stock (hope I don’t change my mind and want a different package) or wait another few weeks to make final deal.
I suggest not to put down 1k deposit for dec buy. If not better, you should get similar price during year end.
Old 10-24-2018, 09:42 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 124 Posts
Even if you put down a deposit, it is non-binding and the price can be renegotiated once the vehicle comes in. If you don't like the price, get your $1K back and walk away. ZERO to lose!
Old 10-24-2018, 09:48 AM
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I’ve been trying a similar strategy and it’s been promising. So it sounds like you got a clean near 3300 off (however way that shook out with no dealer prep or fees etc). That’s the quote I’ve gotten but then they add in around 400 of doc fees. They also add in 1k for dealer prep but then will offer to remove to close the deal. I also have two dealers ready to “do better”. I’m dithering on whether or not I want the tech package. And on interior color. Been too busy at work to focus. Dealers also seem to be realizing that customers will fly in one way for an out of state purchase so the “we only match price within region” isn’t going to work. I agree that doing the online query has yielded good results.
3,251 off MSRP+Destination. There was a 699 dealer fee but this is included in the 40,244. When I compare prices I ask them to include all dealer charges but exclude tax and tags. That way I'm comparing apples to apples, but you always have to ask pointed questions to make sure of what price you are getting.
Old 10-24-2018, 10:04 AM
Advanced

Question: I’ve got a 3300 off plus tax deal now at an out of town dealer. But looking likely I cannot pick up till mid December (work). Will dealers be more or less incentivized a month from now to make the best offer? My choices are to put down a 1k deposit now to secure price and vehicle in stock (hope I don’t change my mind and want a different package) or wait another few weeks to make final deal.
I would be very careful about a deal now and picking it up two months later. Who knows what the dealer status will be in two months. The deal may be better or worse depending on how far or behind quota they are and whether there are any dealer incentives. I sure wouldn't put down a 1K deposit without a clearly documented deal and terms defining under what circumstances the deposit would be returned. Bottom line is I personally would not make a deal like that. Too much opportunity for something to go wrong.

Last edited by Boltface; 10-24-2018 at 10:07 AM.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:22 AM
Burning Brakes

I would personally wait but remember, you get your money back regardless of what happens when putting a deposit on a vehicle...ALWAYS use a credit card to further protect yourself.
The following users liked this post:
Coolguy (10-24-2018)
Old 10-24-2018, 12:18 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by securityguy
I would personally wait but remember, you get your money back regardless of what happens when putting a deposit on a vehicle...ALWAYS use a credit card to further protect yourself.
I did not know this. I assumed that they needed the deposit to hold a particular stock # that matched my color etc request. Why would they hold a car for me if someone else wants it? Or are you guys talking about a deposit on an ordered car not yet in?
Old 10-24-2018, 12:23 PM
Advanced

I did not know this. I assumed that they needed the deposit to hold a particular stock # that matched my color etc request. Why would they hold a car for me if someone else wants it? Or are you guys talking about a deposit on an ordered car not yet in?
It's common to require a deposit if they are holding a car for you. They didn't ask for a deposit from me. We talked enough over a day or so that they knew I was serious and would be there. Three other RDX's exactly the same as mine came in over the weekend and were already sold when I got there yesterday. RDX's are selling!
Old 10-24-2018, 04:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Most dealers will ask for ask for a deposit to HOLD a vehicle and to factory order one. In either case, if you change your mind, even after the factory ordered car arrives, they are required by law to give you all of your deposit back. They'll just sell the car to someone else...no biggie!

If someone else comes along and wants the car you have them holding, most will call you and give you first right of refusal to either $hit or get off the pot

Old 10-25-2018, 07:43 AM
Racer

Agree @securityguy , Acuras are NOT made to order like some other brands. You can even configure color of your roof/dash trim etc (and pay 5k more) that suits your taste and thats factory order, not Acura. Hondas in general has predefined set of configurations to reduce manufacturing cost and so the over all cost of vehicle.
Old 10-26-2018, 09:30 AM
Advanced

Another comment about my purchase a couple of days ago.

My purchase price was 3,251 off MSRP+Destination. Another dealer aware of my purchase price said that in six months, shortly before the '20s come out, I might get another 2,000 off. So 5,000 off seems to be possible if you want an end of the model year special.

Buying from high volume dealers toward the end of the month is your best chance for a deal in my experience. Gotta catch them when they are behind on their sales targets. Low volume dealers aren't typically going to give as much.
Old 10-26-2018, 12:01 PM
Burning Brakes

^^^exactly and what all smart people do...you wait to buy during the final 5 days of any month. That is your best opportunity to snag a great deal as the quota check receive outweighs, by far, the discount you can get. Look at it this way...would you give away $5000 on a car knowing that that car will net you a $50K bonus check from the manufacturer??? Darn right you would!
Old 10-26-2018, 02:42 PM
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 70 Posts
The time is nearing Russian Dude to buy your car for $4k discount. Someone said that would never ever happen at the early part of this thread. I already knew what was possible but was happy with my trade on my purchase and purchased early. Let me know what your final purchase prices end up being.
Old 10-26-2018, 03:11 PM
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
Here is the deal I was offered in the DC area (Maryland) 2019 RDX Advance pkg with SH-AWD..$45900 (+fees/taxes) Trading in my 2016 Outbak 2.5l Limited with 24500 miles..gave me $24000 for that (originally said $21000) Good deal? or no??? Need to decide to go with white? or go with the red..both have the parchment interior
Old 10-26-2018, 03:23 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by flames9
Here is the deal I was offered in the DC area (Maryland) 2019 RDX Advance pkg with SH-AWD..$45900 (+fees/taxes) Trading in my 2016 Outbak 2.5l Limited with 24500 miles..gave me $24000 for that (originally said $21000) Good deal? or no??? Need to decide to go with white? or go with the red..both have the parchment interior
I think the price should be 45,395 or lower. That price should include doc/processing fee. Don't know about the trade in. I prefer to make the buy and the sale of old vehicle separate deals.

Edited to add: See my notes above. I bought in the DC area.

Last edited by Boltface; 10-26-2018 at 03:27 PM.
flames9 (10-26-2018)
Old 10-26-2018, 03:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 389 Likes on 294 Posts
Trading in my 2016 Outbak 2.5l Limited with 24500 miles..gave me $24000 for that (originally said $21000) Good deal? or no??? Need to decide to go with white? or go with the red..both have the parchment interior
You could take your car to a carmax and get a no obligation quote. Make an appointment online before you go.

FYI -- Red costs a few hundred more.
flames9 (10-26-2018)
Old 10-26-2018, 03:59 PM
Racer

Radley acura called..said $45000..wouldt charge me destination fee
Old 10-26-2018, 04:02 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by anoop
You could take your car to a carmax and get a no obligation quote. Make an appointment online before you go.

FYI -- Red costs a few hundred more.
i have checked carmaxs prices..and they are not much more than 24000...like 25000ish on the lot.....so cant see them giving much more than 24000??? ty
Old 10-26-2018, 06:09 PM
Advanced

i have checked carmaxs prices..and they are not much more than 24000...like 25000ish on the lot.....so cant see them giving much more than 24000??? ty
Give them a try. With an appointment it shouldn't take too long. I was in and out in probably 30-45 minutes with no appointment. They told me that the earlier you go the better.
Old 10-26-2018, 11:14 PM
Advanced

Radley acura called..said $45000..wouldt charge me destination fee
If that price includes all dealer fees I think it's a very good price. As in, nothing gets added to 45,000 except tax and tags.

I'm comparing your price to what I just paid at Pohanka. I got 3,250 off a Tech/AWD. Your Adv/AWD costs 5K more so you might get another 300-400 off which would put the Adv/AWD a little less than 45,000.

Others may have gotten better prices than I did but I was satisfied. I went into it with the objective of getting 3,000 off and a wild hope of 3,500. I split the middle and was very happy.
Old 10-27-2018, 06:43 AM
2022 MDX Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 27 Posts
Decent deal on Advance

I put down $500 on a Modern Steel Advanced yesterday. Likely going to pick it up today.

Got it for $46,000. I’m sure there is a few more hundred to grind out but feels like a decent deal given the availability of the color and the proximity to where I live.

Not sure how people are pulling off $3K+ seems really unlikely in my area (Chicago). Maybe if you are flexible on color.
Old 10-27-2018, 07:05 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Boltface
If that price includes all dealer fees I think it's a very good price. As in, nothing gets added to 45,000 except tax and tags.

I'm comparing your price to what I just paid at Pohanka. I got 3,250 off a Tech/AWD. Your Adv/AWD costs 5K more so you might get another 300-400 off which would put the Adv/AWD a little less than 45,000.

Others may have gotten better prices than I did but I was satisfied. I went into it with the objective of getting 3,000 off and a wild hope of 3,500. I split the middle and was very happy.
just a fact of life..always others going yo get a bit better deal..but others are going not going to do as well either. Good chance if you have done some research, you will do well. For me it has to be a good buying experience and so far it really has not been super..why:

1) salesman said for sure it has Android auto ALREADY in it..I said no it doesnt....he said yes it does..even when i gave him multiple refs..including Acuras on w twitter account, he didnt believe me....

2) Bro? Who is bro? I'm not a "bro" I am a"mr" I'm a RN and I would never call a patient "bro" its always Mr or Mrs....ya im old fashioned at 45,lol not a big thing, but just odd

3) On the test drive, he answered his cell phone and chatted away on personal stuff......irks me....when im at work with patients..phone is on mute

4) the low ball initial offer on my outback.....yes they want to make as much money..offered me 21000 then up to 24000......I know its business,but I sort of took that as they thought Im a moron....and I could still be..lol

Ty al for the advice.....I may head to Carmax and get a quote..doesnt hurt......or maybe I just keep my outback as there is nothing wrong with it.....I mainly drive my Africa twin from early Spring to Nov. But the RDX is a sharp vehicle. Thanks again
Old 10-27-2018, 07:48 AM
Advanced

flames9, I'm with you. Especially for a big ticket item like a car the seller has to treat me like they want my business. My experience is that if they don't treat you nicely before the purchase it will only go down hill. When I walked thru the door at Pohanka this week my sales person, her boss and the GM of sales were all waiting to shake my hand. They sell lots of cars but they treated me like I was special.
Old 10-27-2018, 07:53 AM
Racer

flames9, I'm with you. Especially for a big ticket item like a car the seller has to treat me like they want my business. My experience is that if they don't treat you nicely before the purchase it will only go down hill. When I walked thru the door at Pohanka this week my sales person, her boss and the GM of sales were all waiting to shake my hand. They sell lots of cars but they treated me like I was special.
I bought my Honda CRV from Pohanka back in 2010.....Was the easiest deal ever...all online.....No issues at all and a great price......I had 1 sales guy call me later and asked if I had bought and said yep and even told him the price....called me a lair,lol I would really like to buy locally as its a 5 min drive from my house...esp if it starts to have issues......I know the service dept is happy to work on any Acura,but I would think if it were to have serious issues, better to deal with the dealer you bought it from. Pohanka is a solid hour away from me (with no DC traffic)
Old 10-27-2018, 08:20 AM
Burning Brakes

@flames9 Taking anything to the dealer you BOUGHT it from has no added value unless they are giving you a free oil change. Any Acura dealer anywhere that's closest to your home is just fine. What makes you think that an Acura dealer an hour away will do anything different because you bought it there versus one 15 minutes away??? Not sure I understand your thinking on the subject...
Old 10-27-2018, 08:25 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by securityguy
@flames9 Taking anything to the dealer you BOUGHT it from has no added value unless they are giving you a free oil change. Any Acura dealer anywhere that's closest to your home is just fine. What makes you think that an Acura dealer an hour away will do anything different because you bought it there versus one 15 minutes away??? Not sure I understand your thinking on the subject...
Train of thought...I need more coffee..lol But yes you are correct, the Acura Service center by me, should be more than happy to service an Acura that was bought somewhere else. and I have bought in the past from a far distance and used a local dealer for servicing and have never had an issue (knock on wood I have never had a serious issue with any of the vehicles I have owned). My 1 concern, with it being a 1st yr model....if it has some serious issues, then possibly the place you bought it from, would look after you a bit better???
Old 10-27-2018, 08:43 AM
Burning Brakes

My 1 concern, with it being a 1st yr model....if it has some serious issues, then possibly the place you bought it from, would look after you a bit better???
No disrespect but that train of thought is seriously flawed. No one cares where you bought your car from and to think your selling dealer will do anything more than another Acura dealer is well.....

Just my two cents but do as you feel most comfortable.
Old 10-27-2018, 09:50 AM
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
I just picked up my new RDX yesterday. I qualify for no Loyality, Conquest, or military discounts so that is not included in the pricing.

I bought a Steel/Graystone AWD TECH. Out the door not including Tax and Tags was 40,244. That includes destination, doc etc. Dealer is Pohanka in Chantilly, VA. When we first talked last Wednesday they didn't have the above but said it was due in 10/24. A couple of days later the arrival date was moved up to 10/22 and then it really showed up on 10/19.

I got bids from a number of places and the best three were clustered around 40,244. Actually after I'd agreed to the deal I was talking to another bidder who radically changed his quote to 40,000 but I stuck with what I'd already agreed to. I told him if you'd given me that price originally the deal would have been yours.

I'm in NC and got bids from Scarsdale, NY in the north to Jacksonville, FL in the south.

My dealer suggestions for people looking for a good price based on the responses I got are:
New Jersey - DCH and Springfield
Virginia - Pohanka
North Carolina - Crown/Greensboro(This was easily the best in NC but not close to being competitive.)
Florida - Duval(The initial bid was the typical ~2400 off but I got a call Saturday night and the sales guy said 'the message had come down from on high to sell me this vehicle'. He acted like he would meet my low price but he didn't have my model and per the Acura inventory there were no others on the lot from Orlando to Savannah.

A couple of dealers said I was approaching this the right way to get the best price so I may post how I went about it even though I did nothing special, just put out a Request For Quote, no special sauce.

At the last moment I ask for a free Cargo Tray and that was easily agreed to. Basically there were hardly any accessories that I wanted.

The first three dealers mentioned, Pohanka, DCH aand Springfield are trying to meet end of the month numbers. If you are ready to buy now hit them up immediately with exactly what you want.
Edited to add: These are internet sales not walk in the door sales. Send them a note with what you want and that you are buying now.
Yes please - may help others
Old 10-27-2018, 01:11 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by 1stRDX?
Yes please - may help others
OK, here goes.
How I purchase a vehicle on the internet.

First you should know that I detest sitting down with a dealer and negotiating a price. My last three cars were purchased on the internet. Before that it was mostly done with phone calls.

Internet Buying Note
A dealer likes to work with people that know what they want and will be a fast easy sell.

Define exactly what you want and don’t change your mind.

Make your price request note clear and to the point.

Tell them you will purchase the vehicle before the end of the month.

As with all my car purchases I don’t mix buying a new car and selling the old one. Those are two separate transactions to me. (On my RDX purchase the sales person and I were talking after we’d agreed on price and the sale date she asked me what I was selling. Long story short they purchased my Camry Hybrid using my CarMax appraisal. That made it an easy trip and was cost effective for me.)

Decide how far you are willing to travel and consider the cost. In the past we’ve considered the trip back from the dealer to be a vacation so that cost was not considered. This time we drove up and back the same day so it was just some gas.

Here is my note:
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Hello,
I’m in the market for a:
New 2019 Acura RDX
Modern Steel Metallic with Graystone Interior
Technology Package
SH-AWD
No Accessories or dealer add ons please.
If you have an RDX as above or can get one please give me your best price.
Please include everything in your quote except tax and tags.
If there are Acura discounts please identify them.
I have traveled to Jacksonville, Florida to buy my last two cars so I’m willing to travel for an excellent deal.
I will buy this month.
Best Regards,
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Formatting is a little messed up. I asked for Acura discounts to be identified because I don’t qualify for any of them and I didn’t want them included which would confuse the pricing.

Timing
Your chance for the best price will come from high volume dealers who are not hitting their sales targets for the month and will sacrifice profits and take losses.

If you hit a number of dealers the later part of the month you will hopefully find at least one that really needs to pump up the volume. This time I found three. There might have been a few more but they didn’t have my vehicle.

List of Dealers
Here’s how I made up my list of dealers. For the past two months I’ve written down the best prices that I’ve seen in this discussion group for dealers in the area I was willing to travel to. Then I added dealers in my home state and the state next to me, Virginia.

Sending the note
Use emails for the Internet Sales Manager if you have them. Mostly I didn’t so I just pasted them into the Contact Form and that worked fine. In a couple of cases there was a Contact the GM/President email so I used those. For DCH Montclair communicating with the GM was definitely better. I think it helped with Duval also.

Evaluating Responses
Ask questions about the responses to ensure you don’t get surprised with a Doc Fee or an assumed Acura Discount for which you don’t qualify.

Negotiating
In the past after receiving prices from the dealers I’ve played dealers against each other and negotiated. This time I just got the quotes and picked a winner. The quotes were good so I didn’t go after every last penny.

Accessories
There weren’t many accessories that we wanted so I did not include them in the quote letter. If you have a long list you may want to put them in the quote letter. My view of accessories is that they are high profit items that may confuse vehicle pricing. I just waited ‘til the deal was essentially done and ask that an accessory be thrown in. People that have done more accessory buying might have a better idea about this.

That’s it. Mostly just common sense. A couple of dealers commented that they liked my approach.
The following 2 users liked this post by Boltface:
contdes (11-07-2018), JustMe... (10-27-2018)
Old 10-31-2018, 11:51 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys,
I got a quote from Springfield Acura in NJ for a SH-AWD, A-Spec for $43,029. Going to check it out Saturday, Looking to lease not purchase.
Hoping to knock some of that down. Still deciding on exterior color. White, Black, Blue with Red interior.
Is this a good deal?
Old 10-31-2018, 12:12 PM
Racer

Pohanka Acura in Dc area has offered me $44500 (that includes destination) for 2019 RDX advance package (vehicle must be in stock)
Old 10-31-2018, 03:58 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Stiizy
Hi Guys,
I got a quote from Springfield Acura in NJ for a SH-AWD, A-Spec for $43,029. Going to check it out Saturday, Looking to lease not purchase.
Hoping to knock some of that down. Still deciding on exterior color. White, Black, Blue with Red interior.
Is this a good deal?
I got quotes from Springfield and DCH for my Tech/AWD. DCH was my best at 40,194 and Springfield was about $135 higher. I considered both very good prices. You might give DCH a try, preferably going to the GM directly.

Edited to add: since today is 10/31 their prices may go up tomorrow.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:05 PM
Racer

Just picked up my new RDX

'19 RDX SH-AWD w/Tech Pkg
Curious3GTL (11-01-2018)
Old 10-31-2018, 07:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Congrats!
Coolguy (10-31-2018)
Old 10-31-2018, 07:48 PM
Racer

Received 101 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by Coolguy

Now you are a coolguy!

Congrats!
Old 11-01-2018, 05:29 AM
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 135 Posts
Originally Posted by Coolguy

Congratulations!!
FlopMeister (11-01-2018)
Old 11-01-2018, 06:49 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got quotes from Springfield and DCH for my Tech/AWD. DCH was my best at 40,194 and Springfield was about $135 higher. I considered both very good prices. You might give DCH a try, preferably going to the GM directly.

Edited to add: since today is 10/31 their prices may go up tomorrow.
hey thanks i contacted DCH she gave me a price of $2k down and $560 a month. She said prices are going down today so I’m going to wait for her to get me revised numbers.
Old 11-01-2018, 09:43 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Stiizy

hey thanks i contacted DCH she gave me a price of $2k down and $560 a month. She said prices are going down today so I’m going to wait for her to get me revised numbers.
I don't know anything about leases. The first quote I got back from DCH was not as competitive. A few hours later I got an email from the GM which was my best quote out of all the ones I sent out. That's the reason I suggested contacting the GM.

PM Sent

Last edited by Boltface; 11-01-2018 at 09:47 AM.
Old 11-02-2018, 08:03 AM
Racer

You guys are talking about 2000 off?? If you live in Raleigh NC area, you know what I am talking about. I requested quote on '19 RDX from Leith Acura and they gave me MSRP-500. I didn't even bother to respond as it was crazy to start with. 2 week later, one of the manager sent me an email promising best deal and I asked what is that.. after few email exchanges .. he gave me their "BEST" price MSRP-750 .. yes best deal
Old 11-02-2018, 09:29 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 522 Likes on 334 Posts
Leith Acura sucks. Their service department isn't good either. Try Crown Acura of Greensboro.
Old 11-02-2018, 11:28 AM
Burning Brakes

If you are in Raleigh, just drive down to Jacksonville and I'll set you up!

Quick Reply: Prices Paid and Offers Accepted 2019 RDX