if you traded in your 2019 RDX... what would u buy?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 12:34 PM
Pro

Received 227 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by dukeh62
Just went to the NY International Auto Show this week and sat in as many cars as possible. (Also vented my RDX frustrations to Acura at their booth.) Although I have now learned the hard way not to buy a first-year car, here's what impressed me at the show (some of which are first-year):
  • The Kia Telluride was fantastic...but like others said, I don't think I could spend that much on a Kia.
  • The new Lincoln Corsair was a show-stopper for me. Not shipping until 3rd quarter. The Aviator was really nice too, but the Corsair is a little smaller.
  • I liked the updated Ford Explorer.
  • Mercedes AMC GLC and Audi Q8 were beautiful and would be top of my list if possible, but both are out of my price range.
Ah - I forgot about the Corsair! I've historically not been a fan of Ford (many of my friends are, though), but I really like what I see on paper and in photos of the Corsair. I'm excited to see the Ford Explorer return to RWD architecture - and I'm sure police officers across the country are, too. Although I still drive and prefer Hondas, my latest experiences have made me more brand-neutral than ever.

Last edited by zroger73; 04-26-2019 at 12:38 PM.
Old 04-26-2019, 12:40 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by zroger73
Ah - I forgot about the Corsair! I've historically not been a fan of Ford (many of my friends are, though), but I really like what I see on paper and in photos of the Corsair. I'm excited to see the Ford Explorer return to RWD architecture - and I'm sure police officers across the country are, too. Although I still drive and prefer Hondas, my latest experiences have made me more brand-neutral than ever.
I had a Lincoln MKX before this RDX. It was a really nice vehicle. I opted for the more sportiness of the RDX but that takes nothing away from the MKX.

Is the Corsair the renamed MKC?
Old 04-26-2019, 01:20 PM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Stew4HD
I had a Lincoln MKX before this RDX. It was a really nice vehicle. I opted for the more sportiness of the RDX but that takes nothing away from the MKX.

No, they told me MKC is going away.
Old 04-26-2019, 01:29 PM
Racer

Received 101 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by dukeh62
No, they told me MKC is going away.

2020 LINCOLN CORSAIR FIRST LOOK: MKC REPLACEMENT LOOKS GOOD

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2020...c-replacement/
Old 04-26-2019, 02:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 875 Likes on 669 Posts
Originally Posted by Stew4HD

I've always really liked the MKC and would definitely not be opposed to getting a facelifted model with the 2.3T.

The Corsair takes everything the MKC did well and adds a TON on top IMO. Definitely like what I see.
Old 04-26-2019, 02:50 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 276 Likes on 180 Posts
The Corsair looks to be a massive improvement over the MKC it's replacing. I'm curious to see if the Hybrid will have the new Escape's normally aspirated hybrid powertrain, or if Lincoln will go the Aviator route and make the Corsair Hybrid the most powerful version by pairing the electric bits with one of the turbocharged engines. Either way, offering three drivetrains will be quite unusual for the segment. After decades of looking, I believe Lincoln has finally found their identity.

Old 04-26-2019, 02:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by HotRodW
The Corsair looks to be a massive improvement over the MKC it's replacing. I'm curious to see if the Hybrid will have the new Escape's normally aspirated hybrid powertrain, or if Lincoln will go the Aviator route and make the Corsair Hybrid the most powerful version by pairing the electric bits with one of the turbocharged engines. Either way, offering three drivetrains will be quite unusual for the segment. After decades of looking, I believe Lincoln has finally found their identity.

I totally forgot about the hybrid model!! I think they'll go the Lincoln route, I really don't see them using the Escape Hybrid powertrain, it's not competitive enough IMO.
Old 04-26-2019, 03:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RDX10
I totally forgot about the hybrid model!! I think they'll go the Lincoln route, I really don't see them using the Escape Hybrid powertrain, it's not competitive enough IMO.
That's precisely what I was thinking. Many of the media outlets are speculating it'll just be the Escape Hybrid's drivetrain, however. The Hybrid is going to be a late launch, so we might have to wait a bit to find out.
Old 04-26-2019, 03:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 389 Likes on 294 Posts
Looks wise, both exterior and interior, I prefer the RDX over the Corsair. The Corsair's center console looks a bit funny. The rest is acceptable.
Old 04-26-2019, 03:55 PM
Suzuka Master

That's precisely what I was thinking. Many of the media outlets are speculating it'll just be the Escape Hybrid's drivetrain, however. The Hybrid is going to be a late launch, so we might have to wait a bit to find out.
I guess it really depends on how seriously they want to take it. The Corsair Hybrid most closely competes with the Lexus NX hybrid and that system is just a Rav4 system. I'd like to see a sweet 300hp and 350+ lb/ft minimum.

Originally Posted by anoop
Looks wise, both exterior and interior, I prefer the RDX over the Corsair. The Corsair's center console looks a bit funny. The rest is acceptable.
I agree that center dash area does look a little bit odd to me too and I'm not a fan of the shift buttons either.

Otherwise it's more like old luxury vs modern luxury. Both appealing vehicles but drastically different approaches.
Old 04-26-2019, 04:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Otherwise it's more like old luxury vs modern luxury. Both appealing vehicles but drastically different approaches.
For “American” luxury, I would pick the XT4 over the Corsair.
Old 04-26-2019, 04:33 PM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
The ‘ol Bent Wing Bird, Whistling Death; the F4U Corsair is one of my favorite fighters. If I had had to go to war, that, or The Jug, would have been my preferred ride.
Old 04-26-2019, 05:05 PM
Drifting

Received 803 Likes on 528 Posts
I guess it really depends on how seriously they want to take it. The Corsair Hybrid most closely competes with the Lexus NX hybrid and that system is just a Rav4 system. I'd like to see a sweet 300hp and 350+ lb/ft minimum.

I agree that center dash area does look a little bit odd to me too and I'm not a fan of the shift buttons either.

Are you sure they haven't gone to the rotary/knob shifter like most other Ford products some to have now? Isn't that the knob next to the cup holders?
I kinda like the hanging console, looks like the lower portion might be easier to use than the one in the RDX.
Old 04-26-2019, 05:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by anoop
For “American” luxury, I would pick the XT4 over the Corsair.
Of course we all have our own preferences, but there's no way I'd choose the XT4 over the Corsair. Nothing Cadillac is doing with their utility vehicles impresses me in any way. Give me the Nautilus over the XT5, and the Aviator [by a mile] over the XT6 as well. And not that I would every own one, but the Navigator makes the Escalade look every bit the dressed up Tahoe that it is. Mechanically, Cadillac sedans are more to my liking, but the styling and CUE infotainment system are still misses in my book. The RWD Zephyr, if it comes to fruition as rumored, may be the midsize Lincoln sedan the American luxury car buyer has been longing for.
The following 2 users liked this post by HotRodW:
JustMe... (04-26-2019), RDX10 (04-28-2019)
Old 04-26-2019, 05:22 PM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Madd Dog
I think my next car will be electric.
Our second car, and the one we use the most around town, is a 2014 BMW i3 that we really enjoy. A fun little car that suits our needs very well.

We came to the 2019 RDX from a 2016 X3 and I would go back to the X3 mostly due to the technology issues with the RDX and lack of any progress from Acura to fix them. Playing music from a thumb drive should just work. The nav system leaves a lot to be desired. The more I use the cameras getting in and out of the garage the less I like them. This is our first Honda/Acura product and probably our last.
Old 04-26-2019, 05:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JB in AZ
Are you sure they haven't gone to the rotary/knob shifter like most other Ford products some to have now? Isn't that the knob next to the cup holders?
I kinda like the hanging console, looks like the lower portion might be easier to use than the one in the RDX.
They're pushbuttons, but they lowered them. Ford is using the rotary dial, and Lincoln is using the buttons.

The following users liked this post:
JB in AZ (04-26-2019)
Old 04-26-2019, 06:19 PM
Suzuka Master

Of course we all have our own preferences, but there's no way I'd choose the XT4 over the Corsair. Nothing Cadillac is doing with their utility vehicles impresses me in any way. Give me the Nautilus over the XT5, and the Aviator [by a mile] over the XT6 as well. And not that I would every own one, but the Navigator makes the Escalade look every bit the dressed up Tahoe that it is. Mechanically, Cadillac sedans are more to my liking, but the styling and CUE infotainment system are still misses in my book. The RWD Zephyr, if it comes to fruition as rumored, may be the midsize Lincoln sedan the American luxury car buyer has been longing for.
SUPER AGREED!! Anything SUV related Lincoln has Cadillac beat IMO (by a land slide). I wonder what the next gen Nautilus will bring because the current gen is very very underrated.

The XT4 has nothing impressive about it to me whatsoever. Not a single thing. Nothing from styling, to drivetrain, to electronics...
HotRodW (04-26-2019)
Old 04-26-2019, 06:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by JB in AZ
Yup as HotRodW showed, the Lincoln's still use buttons meanwhile ford has gone to that horrid knob B.S.
HotRodW (04-26-2019)
Old 04-26-2019, 07:43 PM
Drifting

They're pushbuttons, but they lowered them. Ford is using the rotary dial, and Lincoln is using the buttons.

Yup as HotRodW showed, the Lincoln's still use buttons meanwhile ford has gone to that horrid knob B.S.
Agreed, I couldn't identify the push buttons on the first interior pic that was posted.
Thanks!
Old 04-26-2019, 10:08 PM
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
New RDX with V6 Turbo.

New RDX with V6 Turbo. Hopefully it's come out soon.
The following 3 users liked this post by pingsid:
97ws6 (04-28-2019), JacPac (04-27-2019), Midwestuser1 (04-27-2019)
Old 04-27-2019, 08:47 AM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom_D
Our second car, and the one we use the most around town, is a 2014 BMW i3 that we really enjoy. A fun little car that suits our needs very well.

We came to the 2019 RDX from a 2016 X3 and I would go back to the X3 mostly due to the technology issues with the RDX and lack of any progress from Acura to fix them. Playing music from a thumb drive should just work. The nav system leaves a lot to be desired. The more I use the cameras getting in and out of the garage the less I like them. This is our first Honda/Acura product and probably our last.
I drove that at a BMW event, and liked it. You can get a 2 year old one for around $25K, and it has more range now. Without the range extender.
Old 04-27-2019, 10:20 AM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Madd Dog
I drove that at a BMW event, and liked it. You can get a 2 year old one for around $25K, and it has more range now. Without the range extender.
Yes, there are good deals on i3 lease returns. Ours is a 2014 CPO with a bit of warranty left. The REX, range extender, versions seem to have most of the problems. BEVs are much simpler and more trouble free.
Old 04-27-2019, 10:51 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Tom_D
Yes, there are good deals on i3 lease returns. Ours is a 2014 CPO with a bit of warranty left. The REX, range extender, versions seem to have most of the problems. BEVs are much simpler and more trouble free.
There were some incredible leases available. Not sure if that is the case anymore.
https://www.bmwblog.com/2018/05/21/c...-54-per-month/
Old 04-27-2019, 11:38 AM
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
I'm in love with the Mercedes MBux system after driving an A220 with it. Benz has a GLB model coming out for 2020 that looks pretty good. It's like the GLC but with a boxier rear end with optional 3rd row. I might wait to check that out with the Genesis GV80.
https://carbuzz.com/news/mercedes-gl...-than-expected

Last edited by Njbrandon; 04-27-2019 at 11:41 AM.
Acuramon (05-04-2019)
Old 04-27-2019, 11:49 AM
9th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just took delivery of a 2019 Audi Q5 (Base model). After being a 20 years Honda loyal client (3 civic, 1 accord and 1 mdx), I decided to buy the Audi. I could probably write a 10 pages long tread with the issues I had with my last 3 vehicles. With the amount of issues I see on this forum compared to the Q5 forum and for about the same price, the Q5 was a better choice for me. The only 2 big features difference favorable to the RDX for the base model were the pano moonroof and the acura watch. Hopefully Honda/Acura will invest in testing and quality control of their vehicle because im sure im not the only good client they lost recently.
Old 04-27-2019, 12:51 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by rikee
I just took delivery of a 2019 Audi Q5 (Base model). After being a 20 years Honda loyal client (3 civic, 1 accord and 1 mdx), I decided to buy the Audi. I could probably write a 10 pages long tread with the issues I had with my last 3 vehicles. With the amount of issues I see on this forum compared to the Q5 forum and for about the same price, the Q5 was a better choice for me. The only 2 big features difference favorable to the RDX for the base model were the pano moonroof and the acura watch. Hopefully Honda/Acura will invest in testing and quality control of their vehicle because im sure im not the only good client they lost recently.
Audi does make a nice vehicle. At this point in my life, I won't buy any vehicle that doesn't have the latest safety equipment. As I understand it, those safety items being extra cost on Audis, that puts a new Audi out of my budgeted price range for a vehicle.
Old 04-27-2019, 04:31 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by rikee
The funnest SUV I've driven to date is hands down the newest Q5 and that wasn't even the 3.0T model. It was just a 2.0T S-Line model and it was incredibly punchy, and very very fun to drive. Even drove far better than the 2018 Jeep GC SRT8 that a friend owns.

I'd like to try out the Stelvio, F-Pace, and Macan because those tend to get rave reviews. Wonder where I'd personally put the Q5 then.
Old 04-28-2019, 12:55 PM
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Very likely a 2020 Acura RDX/Advance/FWD.
Old 05-04-2019, 12:22 PM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
I love my 2019 RDX Platinum Elite that has remote start on my FOB but the absence of Android Auto may be a deal breaker for some. Kinda feeling mislead by the promise of "coming soon"
Old 05-04-2019, 03:50 PM
Pro

Received 190 Likes on 137 Posts
With you on that. Thats why I decided to lease. When I made payments I always bought a new car before it was paid off. In full warranty the whole term and then I just bag it and either lease another like it or purchase some other brand which I may do if they do not fix the Apple CarPlay and intermittent Transmission shifting issues.
Old 05-04-2019, 10:39 PM
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Meto
2020 Mercedes GLE with the new MBUX system that supports ANDROID AUTO!

Getting pretty close to pulling that trigger...
Those 2020 GLE's are NICE. I've had a ML350 for three years now. I'd love to trade up for the redesigned GLE!