Accident Mitigation system-Something new

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 11:34 AM
Cruisin'

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Accident Mitigation system-Something new

We were N/B on a 6 lane roadway on 2/5/19 at 8:15 pm, 3 N/B lane, 3S/B lanes, no N/B traffic within 500 feet, no s/b traffic except for a stopped 18 wheeler tractor and trailer waiting to turn left into Home depot parking lot. We were traveling at about 40 MPH, the roadway was dry with great visibility. As we approached the intersection the flashing brake brake brake light came on in the dash and the car slammed on the brakes slowing us to 5-10 mph. There was nothing on or around us, no cross traffic, no peds, bicycles etc. This was something new. Luckily there was nobody behind us to rear end us. The cruise control was off. Anyone else had an issue with what is virtually a panic stop with no other traffic or obstructions in the area?
Old 02-07-2019, 11:44 AM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
It No. But stomping on the gas is supposed to override it. Not just pressing the gas, but a good, hard, stomp.
Press and hold the button until the beeper sounds to switch the system on or off.
When the CMBSTM is off:
• The CMBSTM indicator in the instrument
panel comes on.
• Amessageonthemulti-informationdisplay
reminds you that the system is off.
The CMBSTM is turned on every time you start the engine, even if you turned it off the last time you drove the vehicle.
uuAcuraWatchTMuCollision Mitigation Braking SystemTM (CMBSTM)
■ CMBSTM On and Off
1Collision Mitigation Braking SystemTM (CMBSTM)
The CMBSTM may automatically shut off, and the CMBSTM indicator will come and stay on under certain conditions:
2 CMBSTM Conditions and Limitations P. 450
When the CMBSTM is activated, it will continue to operate even if the accelerator pedal is partially depressed. However, it will be canceled if the accelerator pedal is deeply depressed.
Continued
Driving
Old 02-07-2019, 12:58 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happened on my 2019 RDX Advanced. Flashing BRAKE on dashboard and Heads Up display. However it did not apply the brakes and was false alarm in mixed snow and rain.
Old 02-08-2019, 01:57 PM
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts
No, but I have a different problem that the warning would not come on most of the time or it would come on too late. I have it set to "long" and when the "brake" warning do come on, in most cases, I would be at about two cars distance from the vehicle in front of me.
Took it to the dealer and they would not take my word for it, so I took the Technician for a ride today and he agreed that something is not right and wanted me to leave the car to him for a few hours so that he could do more driving. I would think that they should have an equipment to test the radar's effectiveness, instead of driving around and try to duplicate this, which is dangerous. The Technician told me that if there is something wrong with the radar, it would show on the dash. Did not have time today, so will visit the dealer again next week. I will report back...