Any idea when the 2019s will hit the dealerships?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 06:40 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any idea when the 2019s will hit the dealerships?

Im curious when we can expect these cars on the dealer lots, any ideas?
Old 04-14-2018, 07:36 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,510 Likes on 1,178 Posts
My dealership in New Mexico was saying summer time (not sure early, mid, or late). Might be longer for A-Spec.
Old 04-14-2018, 09:57 AM
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
My dealer said around June/July.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:06 AM
Cruisin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
In was in my dealer for service last Thursday, 4/12. Spoke with the owner and he said they were told to expect first delivery mid June. Gave me this link to the Dealers training site:
MY19 RDX Home ? Acura Launch Training
The following users liked this post:
oblio98 (04-24-2018)
Old 04-15-2018, 10:47 AM
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts
I have had 3 Honda Accords, right now 2 Acura's. 2012 TL and a 2013 RDX.

This is the first car I am tempted to buy or lease NEW because it has upgraded / new everything. Other option is the MDX Sport Hybrid, but the infotainment is dated.

My wedding is in July then it's baby making time, I might be picking one of these up!
Old 04-15-2018, 11:10 AM
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
I have my pre-order down in mississauga, Canada. My sales rep is thinking end of May early June but its speculation. I try and follow up with him on a biweekly basis so I will let you know if I hear anything!
Old 04-15-2018, 02:51 PM
Cruisin'

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SK1124
I have my pre-order down in mississauga, Canada. My sales rep is thinking end of May early June but its speculation. I try and follow up with him on a biweekly basis so I will let you know if I hear anything!
Those are the same dates that were shared with me by two different dealerships in OH.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:48 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 880 Likes on 673 Posts
Originally Posted by MVD4912
In was in my dealer for service last Thursday, 4/12. Spoke with the owner and he said they were told to expect first delivery mid June. Gave me this link to the Dealers training site:
255 wide tires on the A-Spec with 20” rims!!! Sign me up!!! Finally can see Acura taking it seriously. I am so impressed with this thing.

As to the quesion, I expect end of June/mid July to be the first deliveries.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:29 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,583 Likes on 953 Posts
Probably mid June....and reviews will start coming as of May...
Old 04-17-2018, 04:48 AM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My dealer in Toronto is also saying late June/early July.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:57 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Mid June...also??

My GM has had his first order in for a while now. He anticipates mid June. Seems to be about right, after seeing others hearing about the same thing. He has 1 pearl white with Milano Red leather A-Spec in that order, and it's
mine IF I want it after I check it all out. Especially the new engine/tranny combo. And, of course IF the $$ work out the way I'd like. He better do me right since this is potentially my 5th Acura from him in 4 1/2 yrs. I do keep 2
vehicles at all times and both have been Acuras...mostly. I'm anxious to check it out. I'm bummed that apparently no spare tire kit or CD.

Anyone know if it will have a Hard Drive to store music??
Old 04-17-2018, 05:01 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
I was at the auto show over the weekend and was told the RDX will be launched in 2 months. Take it for what it's worth
Old 04-17-2018, 06:06 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.

Anyone know if it will have a Hard Drive to store music??
Doubtful as everyone uses their phones.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:09 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Wink

Originally Posted by sweetness34
Doubtful as everyone uses their phones.
LOL...well, not everyone for sure. There are more "baby boomers" out here than any other age group and I dare say most are not using their phones....or trying not to! LOL!!
I do have a "mac daddy" I-Pod....the 160gb and I have a lot of music on there that I use in my vehicles. Of course, I'm sure I'll never fill up the storage on that thing!

I'm actually thinking of getting another one with less storage space since it won't be needed. Then I can have one for each ELS sound system in my 2 Acuras.
Although, the I-Pods are pretty expensive....compared to a memory stick, of course.
Just me I guess, but, I think I can get better sound quality if I down load music from my
desk top computer to the I-Pod and then play that in the cars...vs....a memory stick.

If there are any REAL pro audiophiles out there that can answer this issue, that would be great.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:30 PM
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
It's been a long time since I messed with an iPod but from my understanding, the iPod is treated like an external storage device when connected to your car. You are simply streaming the music files from the iPod to your car so if the files on the iPod and memory stick are identical then they should sound the same.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:00 AM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
I'm a boomer and I use my phone. I cannot fathom why an iPod would be better than a memory stick. But the sticks are so cheap, I would suggest an experiment before buying another iPod.
Old 04-18-2018, 04:17 PM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
LOL...well, not everyone for sure. There are more "baby boomers" out here than any other age group and I dare say most are not using their phones....or trying not to! LOL!!
I do have a "mac daddy" I-Pod....the 160gb and I have a lot of music on there that I use in my vehicles. Of course, I'm sure I'll never fill up the storage on that thing!

I'm actually thinking of getting another one with less storage space since it won't be needed. Then I can have one for each ELS sound system in my 2 Acuras.
Although, the I-Pods are pretty expensive....compared to a memory stick, of course.
Just me I guess, but, I think I can get better sound quality if I down load music from my
desk top computer to the I-Pod and then play that in the cars...vs....a memory stick.

If there are any REAL pro audiophiles out there that can answer this issue, that would be great.
On the 2018, the USB storage stick sucks when compared with the I-Pod but not for audio quality reasons. The lossless flac files I had copied on the USB stick sounded the same as the lossless m4a files copied on the I-Pod as they should, both being lossless formats. I ended up buying an I-Pod (my first Apple product ever! I must be a rare exception) because the file navigation with the USB stick was really bad. It was slow to scroll through a list of folders and exiting a folder would drop me at the beginning of the list so I hated it. Navigating the I-Pod on the other hand is as charm.

That being said, I have not seen any pictures that indicate that the 2019 will support I-Pods.
Colorado Guy AF Ret. (04-23-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 05:19 PM
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts
I disagree with the statement that USB storage stick sucks VS Ipod .. You need to manage your MP3 or M4A files better on a computer before copying it into a USB stick .
Every MP3 files has a MP3 tag,, Use a MP3 tagger application on the computer to insert the album titles, artist titles for each MP3 files and then copied it into a file folder based on album names . Your navigation will be much better and more organized .

Using Ipod is more expensive and managing it is also the same as tagging with the MP3 tagger on a computer . Difference is managing your MP3 files in an Ipod , you have to use Apples Itunes apps on the computer ..
Old 04-18-2018, 05:41 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Originally Posted by dcmod
I disagree with the statement that USB storage stick sucks VS Ipod .. You need to manage your MP3 or M4A files better on a computer before copying it into a USB stick .
Every MP3 files has a MP3 tag,, Use a MP3 tagger application on the computer to insert the album titles, artist titles for each MP3 files and then copied it into a file folder based on album names . Your navigation will be much better and more organized .

Using Ipod is more expensive and managing it is also the same as tagging with the MP3 tagger on a computer . Difference is managing your MP3 files in an Ipod , you have to use Apples Itunes apps on the computer ..
Sweet Jesus, this sounds way too time consuming in this day and age.

Y'all need to spend the $9.99 per month, or whatever it is, and use Spotify. You'll never need to rename a file again. The amount of music on Spotify is ludicrous... You wouldn't believe the rare and unknown stuff you can find on there.

Make your own playlists, have new playlists made for you by Spotify (these end up coming out pretty good- out of every 20 songs, I generally like 18-19 of them), etc. No need to worry about album art, proper naming, etc. It's all there for you.

You can also use Spotify for free, but then have to deal with the ads and what not. Not nearly as enjoyable.

​​​​​Truth be told, if I had to choose between Netflix and spotify, when it comes to paying monthly subscriptions, I would dump Netflix in a heartbeat and stick to the music app only. It's that good.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:54 PM
Instructor

I need to manage my files better? How about you ask me if I use tags. I have 118GB of music carefully converted from various sources I own and with tags used to their fullest extent. Have you tried navigating with a USB disk yourself? Here's my experience:

1- Scroll down Artists list starting from letter A.
2- Wait while the system populates the list to be displayed on screen.
3- Scroll down some more, wait some more.
4- Finally make it to the Pink Floyd entry.
5- Now I have 4 albums to chose from.
6- I select the first one and now I see all its tracks.
7- I change my mind and want another Pink Floyd album instead.
8- I back out of the album and the system dumps me to the beginning of Artists list beginning with the letter A.

Don't you find this behavior annoying? No such crap with the I-Pod, and I'm no Apple fanboy.
Colorado Guy AF Ret. (04-23-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 06:05 PM
Drifting

Getting back to waiting on the RDX......

What I am waiting on are the details between trim levels, and the multiplicity of reviews about actually driving the car.

The music will be worked out.
GW208 (04-18-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 06:28 PM
MTD
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 59 Posts
Having used various Apple devices in my 18 TLX with CarPlay and also using a flashdrive, the iPod integrates with the audio system/CarPlay much better then the flashdrive. Apple Music, a service much like Spotify also works flawlessly.

Trim levels, now that will be interesting to see how they differ from Canada to the US. We Canucks typically have more.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:13 AM
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts
Just left my Dealership in NJ.

They should be getting 1 in the end of May for training and learning about all of the new systems. I don't think the bulk of them will be in until june / july as stated above.
Old 04-22-2018, 11:12 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 147 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by MVD4912
nice link! TYVM
Old 04-22-2018, 07:52 PM
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 135 Posts
Originally Posted by acuraada
nice link! TYVM
Yes - I was also glad to read the stuff on that site. Interesting!
Old 04-23-2018, 10:47 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,583 Likes on 953 Posts
No one knows that exact date but once we start seeing reviews by Alex on Autos, Motor Trends, Driving.ca, TFL and etc. We can start the count down....lol 4 -6 weeks from reviews, the car will hit the dealership!

That's my observation based on previous brands and cars. I could be wrong, so don't quote me on this
Old 04-23-2018, 10:01 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

I Pod Support

Originally Posted by MHarnois
On the 2018, the USB storage stick sucks when compared with the I-Pod but not for audio quality reasons. The lossless flac files I had copied on the USB stick sounded the same as the lossless m4a files copied on the I-Pod as they should, both being lossless formats. I ended up buying an I-Pod (my first Apple product ever! I must be a rare exception) because the file navigation with the USB stick was really bad. It was slow to scroll through a list of folders and exiting a folder would drop me at the beginning of the list so I hated it. Navigating the I-Pod on the other hand is as charm.

That being said, I have not seen any pictures that indicate that the 2019 will support I-Pods.
Not sure why not. USB ports are all you need. It will have that. Someone tell me I'm wrong on this.
Old 04-23-2018, 10:06 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

And I've been managing my files on the computer and transferring to CD's and my I-Pod with no issues. Yes, the I-Pod was expensive...have had it for..??? 3-4 yrs. If was my first and it's been great. Plug in to my Acura's whenever
I want to use it. Easy to scroll files.
Old 04-24-2018, 10:57 AM
Instructor

Not sure why not. USB ports are all you need. It will have that. Someone tell me I'm wrong on this.
There's no reason why they can't make USB sticks a charm to use if they spend a little bit of time integrating them better in the system. The system needs to read the whole stick when first plugged-in to build its own metadata of artists, albums, songs, genres, etc and then provide smart navigation controls. They did none of that in the old system.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:09 PM
Intermediate

The 2019 has got my attention. My lease is up in July and the 19' RDX is on my list of SUVs to consider. Just a bit worried that the demand will be too high in July that getting any reasonable deal will be difficult.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:22 PM
Drifting

You can usually extend most leases a month or so. Now might be the time to start inquiring.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:22 PM
mrgold35

Received 1,510 Likes on 1,178 Posts
I can't wait for the first car reviews with comparison test with the current competition on the internet, TV, and car magazines. It might be 2019 before you get a good deal if Acura finishes near or at the top against the other offerings in its class.
RDL1 (04-30-2018)
Old 04-29-2018, 09:54 PM
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by deanoatkinson
I have had 3 Honda Accords, right now 2 Acura's. 2012 TL and a 2013 RDX.

This is the first car I am tempted to buy or lease NEW because it has upgraded / new everything. Other option is the MDX Sport Hybrid, but the infotainment is dated.

My wedding is in July then it's baby making time, I might be picking one of these up!
That's why I made an account here. I've never bought a brand new vehicle, but this one has everything I'm looking for (right size, tech, engine, mpg, etc.).
RDL1 (04-30-2018)
Old 04-30-2018, 12:18 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 869 Likes on 413 Posts
I just hope that they make sure that the transmission and turbo pairing is smooth, the new infotainment touch pad system is bug free, and the technology works as advertised. if it takes a little more time, so be it, as Acura needs this to be a winner....which I think it will be!
RDL1 (04-30-2018)
Old 04-30-2018, 06:59 AM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by mapleloaf
I just hope that they make sure that the transmission and turbo pairing is smooth, the new infotainment touch pad system is bug free, and the technology works as advertised. if it takes a little more time, so be it, as Acura needs this to be a winner....which I think it will be!
I agree.....I went looking on car lots yesterday, the Infinity QX50 is beautiful, but when you start adding all the luxury items to it that the new RDX has, there is no comparison in price ! I really like the looks of the new Q5 Audi, but if you read the consumer reviews, there are many issues already, and then if you go to Honda CRV , there is a big problem with 1.5 turbo. I'm not a huge fan of Volvo, and Mercedes and BMW loaded are also out of a price range I want to be, so the RDX fits perfectly into a price range I feel comfortable with, and has so much to offer, and has great looks inside and out as far as current pics show.
I'm going to think positive that they will make sure this is a winner !! As you said, it needs to be, and I would very much like to have one !! I'm sure others feel the same as I do about this car !
The following 2 users liked this post by RDL1:
birdonamission (04-30-2018), mapleloaf (04-30-2018)
Old 04-30-2018, 08:26 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 276 Likes on 180 Posts
Originally Posted by RDL1
I agree.....I went looking on car lots yesterday, the Infinity QX50 is beautiful, but when you start adding all the luxury items to it that the new RDX has, there is no comparison in price ! I really like the looks of the new Q5 Audi, but if you read the consumer reviews, there are many issues already, and then if you go to Honda CRV , there is a big problem with 1.5 turbo. I'm not a huge fan of Volvo, and Mercedes and BMW loaded are also out of a price range I want to be, so the RDX fits perfectly into a price range I feel comfortable with, and has so much to offer, and has great looks inside and out as far as current pics show.
I'm going to think positive that they will make sure this is a winner !! As you said, it needs to be, and I would very much like to have one !! I'm sure others feel the same as I do about this car !
I appreciate your excitement, but you might want to temper it a bit until Acura announces prices. With more standard features, the base price could jump more than you are expecting. One could argue it should increase if Acura is going to be viewed as a luxury brand rather than a premium brand a rung below the Europeans. And even if the base price doesn't jump dramatically, I'll be shocked if the upper end of the range does not. Again, as it should.

Without knowing exactly what equipment will be standard, I'm sticking with my earlier estimate of $39,000 to $39,500 base msrp. Still a bargain for the segment.
RDL1 (04-30-2018)
Old 04-30-2018, 09:25 AM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
With what I have read , and I don't know where the info comes from, maybe pure speculation, but several articles say it shouldn't jump more than 1000 - 2000, so an Advanced would go from 45 to maybe 47 ? If it jumps much more than that, it goes into MDX territory.
Old 04-30-2018, 09:41 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 276 Likes on 180 Posts
Originally Posted by RDL1
With what I have read , and I don't know where the info comes from, maybe pure speculation, but several articles say it shouldn't jump more than 1000 - 2000, so an Advanced would go from 45 to maybe 47 ? If it jumps much more than that, it goes into MDX territory.
As long as the equipment justifies it, it's okay if it goes into MDX territory.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:10 AM
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 19RDX
That's why I made an account here. I've never bought a brand new vehicle, but this one has everything I'm looking for (right size, tech, engine, mpg, etc.).
Do we have info on mpg?
Old 04-30-2018, 01:21 PM
GTF
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: Pricing...
Given what I've read as far as equipment, features, etc....RDX competition on Advance would be Q-5, X-3, and GLC currently priced at $55-58K. If RDX stays under $50K there will be still be significant price advantage. Hard to believe quality/features would dramatically improve without significant $ increase. Hope it's true....buy some market share.

Quick Reply: Any idea when the 2019s will hit the dealerships?