Any idea when the 2019s will hit the dealerships?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2018, 06:47 PM
Drifting

Received 1,026 Likes on 716 Posts
I like cookies.

Are they chocolate chip, or the butter ones in a tin?

mmmmmmm

If they are the kind of ‘cookies’ they hide on your computer, fuggheddaboutit.
Old 05-20-2018, 09:49 AM
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From everything I've read, mid June seems to be the launch.
Old 05-20-2018, 10:02 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by PMGT
From everything I've read, mid June seems to be the launch.
Acura has, with the NSX halo, and the soon-to-be-released 2019 RDX, returned to its original mission was Performance. As is both a good and questionable aim. As an Acura owner (MDX, TL), I've had a few conversations with company reps about the performance topic. The new RDX, in my opinion, looks great, and while performance is certainly better (according to the specs),, the A -Spec does not provide another level or performance to compete with AMG or M, and this feels like a miss in terms of Acura's stated goal. Mercedes and BMW launched their M and AMG versions right away...I think Acura has got some work to do, and while they are doing better than in recent years--current version of MDX less HP than previous iterations, if Performance is the intended goal, the launch of the 2019 RDX should set the benchmark and meet its competitors at the starting line...
Old 05-20-2018, 10:40 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
It's been rumoured that a RDX-S will come in around 2020, when the new TLX and TLX-S will likely be launched.

You also cant compare Acura to the German brands. There are many (costly) levels between the two.

Either way, the RDX is benchmarking the competition. Everyone else has a 2.0T in their SUVs these days.

Also, you can't sell a Type S performance variant at the base model price, either. It doesn't work that way. For every performance variant they would sell, they likely sell 8 base models.
Old 05-20-2018, 04:36 PM
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 135 Posts
I was told by a dealership next week last week, which will make it this week.

Then you hear others saying sometime in June, which will make it the last part of next week -- or several weeks from this week, depending on what week in June it will end up being when they say "June."

In other words, "how much wood would a woodchuck chuck when a woodchuck would chuck wood." lol

Last edited by birdonamission; 05-20-2018 at 04:39 PM.
Old 05-20-2018, 04:42 PM
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 28 Posts
I think it must depend on two things...your geograpic locatio and if the dealership is more highly rated by Acura (has greater sells and ratings). The dealerships in my area are smaller (since there are several) and have all told me mid June.
Old 05-20-2018, 05:04 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by TxLady
I think it must depend on two things...your geograpic locatio and if the dealership is more highly rated by Acura (has greater sells and ratings). The dealerships in my area are smaller (since there are several) and have all told me mid June.
That makes sense... Ohio is not terribly far from Maryland, but the store's volume, ratings, and whatever other factors that come into play sort of puts a measure of uncertainty into things. Just got off the phone with a dealership and the gentleman told me cars may begin to show up at their store this week but technically the official launch date for the car is June 1st.

He said he already sold one! Apparently some guy saw a car he liked on their website, noted the VIN -- and already made a deposit on it. I'm going to their website now to see what he's talking about...VIN already on their website??? UPDATE: I don't see any 2019s with VINs on their website. Weird he will tell me that. Anyway, whatever. lol

Last edited by birdonamission; 05-20-2018 at 05:07 PM.
The following users liked this post:
TxLady (05-20-2018)
Old 05-20-2018, 05:34 PM
Instructor

It’ll be interesting to see feedback (as it’s provided by the good folks on this blog) of actual delivery dates and purchase deals.
Old 05-20-2018, 05:42 PM
Pro

Yes, it would be. I’m sure we’ll start seeing timeline posts starting within 2 weeks or so.
Old 05-20-2018, 05:57 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by TxLady
wait.

I’ve been told that Everything’s Bigger in Texas.

was I ill advised?
Old 05-20-2018, 06:08 PM
Instructor

Smile

LOL! We all ride horses and own a ranch too...
Old 05-20-2018, 07:46 PM
Drifting

And oil rigs, you gotta remember the oil rigs. I seen Hell or High Water, and they had oil rigs in Texas.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:05 AM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts
This was posted by the guys at Challenge Manufacturing (they build components for the new RDX). Interesting look with the black wheels. Plastidip'd perhaps?

Froid (05-22-2018)
Old 05-21-2018, 07:12 PM
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 19 Posts
My dealer had an RDX in today. Sadly I had to work and couldn't stop in to view it.
Not sure if this has been posted yet but it shows the "needle sweep" upon start up.

ZipSpeed (05-21-2018)
Old 05-21-2018, 08:45 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by TacoBello
It's been rumoured that a RDX-S will come in around 2020, when the new TLX and TLX-S will likely be launched.

You also cant compare Acura to the German brands. There are many (costly) levels between the two.

Either way, the RDX is benchmarking the competition. Everyone else has a 2.0T in their SUVs these days.

Also, you can't sell a Type S performance variant at the base model price, either. It doesn't work that way. For every performance variant they would sell, they likely sell 8 base models.
TacoBello,

Thank you for your reply to my post.
In terms of Acura vs the German auto makers, my post stemmed from many conversations with folks from Acura, and a recent interview I watched with a VP from Acura. There has long been the understanding that Acura does not compete with the German brands, which I think is fine, until executives within Acura specifically refer to the German brands as part of their competition. My statements start with that assumption: that Acura feels they compete with the German brands and have refocused the brand on performance to close the performance gap. There are, as you so rightly mention, many aspects to the differences between the German brands and Acura. Part of the difference is the build, but there are also currency differences and brand perception at play.
In terms of pricing: I don't think anyone would expect an A-Spec or an S-Spec to retail for the base model price. What I was stating is BMW, Audi and Mercedes all have performance lines: M, SQ, and AMG, respectively which were launched at the same time as their base models. With the launch of the 2019 RDX, Acura will include the base model and an A-Spec, however, that A-Spec will retain the same engine/torque as the base. The point I was trying to make is that, IF Acura views BMW, Audi and Mercedes as its competition, it has some work to do to close the performance gap, regardless of price point--in other words Acura can say the Germans are part of their competition, but with a lack of product competing at the higher performance levels, there really is not competition. I believe Acura does have the capacity to compete, the NSX is world class and is an excellent example of style and function. If looks and performance are important to Acura's customers (and the company itself) the 2019 RDX is a fine start. And Acura, I believe, can make inroads against the German brands (many of the models are actually made in the US) because when I look at the X3M, the SQ5 and the GLC AMG 43, though fine automobiles, none of them scream performance by their esthetics The other option, of course, is for Acura to avoid comparisons to the German brands and stick to the more obvious competitors. This would take pressure off the brand, and avoid building consumer expectations.
Acura has been losing market share and its reliability record has also been in decline. The stated direction in which Acura is headed is bold and does have the potential to revitalize the brand (as an Acura owner, I could not purchase the latest models as that "beak" grill was not appealing, the navigation system was in decline, and in some models, like the MDX, performance specs went down, not up.
Old 05-22-2018, 08:06 AM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Red nice other colors?

Anyone know the official color combinations vs trim levels. I feel my dealer not in the know.

I asked about the red pictured with base RDX in Parchment or Beige and he said he could order. Base with have fake leather seats. Any experience with those in current Acura products?

thanks!
Old 05-22-2018, 08:40 AM
Instructor

Birdonamission posted this on another thread:
Originally Posted by birdonamission [img]images/maestro/buttons/viewpost.gif[/img]
So...here’s the one from today. I would tend to trust this one a whole lot more than the other dealership’s “information” (from last night) — especially since it make specific reference to exclusive colors for the A-Spec.

WHITE DIAMOND PEARL
Parchment, Ebony, or Espresso

LUNAR SILVER
Graystone, Ebony, or Espresso

MODERN STEEL
Graystone or Ebony

FATHOM BLUE
Graystone

MAJESTIC BLACK PEARL
Ebony, Parchment, or Red (A-Spec Only)

CANYON BRONZE METALLIC
Parchment

PERFORMANCE RED
Parchment or Ebony

GUNMETAL METALLIC
Ebony

APEX BLUE (A-SPEC ONLY)
Ebony or Red

I had heard somewhere that an upgrade is necessary for the leather but don’t know if tech only gets you there or if you must go to the advanced level for it. I’ve moticed only the Advance has the piping (which I’m not a fan of). Hopefully someone else can fill you in on past offerings.
idgystinks (05-22-2018)