Any idea when the 2019s will hit the dealerships?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 08:49 AM
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts
Just got a text message from my local Acura dealer. Now accepting pre-orders for the 2019 rdx.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:29 AM
Hello World

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I heard Tesla are also accepting pre-orders for the Model X.

Just kidding. Does it means they have all the details for options and pricing?
Old 05-02-2018, 10:41 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ultramart
I heard Tesla are also accepting pre-orders for the Model X.

Just kidding. Does it means they have all the details for options and pricing?
not sure, i just tried to call them to find out. They did not pick up the phone.
Old 05-02-2018, 01:28 PM
Instructor

Acura dealership anticipating the first week in June for their first delivery. I'll update with pricing once i find out.
Old 05-02-2018, 02:46 PM
Drifting

Received 1,026 Likes on 716 Posts
How can they expect someone to preorder one of three or four trim levels without knowing what is in each, and how much they are?
Old 05-02-2018, 03:39 PM
2013 RDX tech Amber

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Just recieved email from dealer that they will be contacting me shortly concerning my inquiry about the 2019 RDX. Will see what they say.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:41 PM
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
I remember one of the videos mentioned that reviewers should be getting the chance to start test driving them the first week of May. If they start releasing testers to the media, I would expect the full release of pricing and features/options to go along with it.
Old 05-03-2018, 12:09 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Smile Dealership Arrivals??

One of my "contacts" at my Acura dealer is going to Chicago on May 20th to do the "ride and drive" to check out the '19 RDX. It's a day long seminar and "some time" on the track. I gave him some specific questions to ask
and he had some of his own. The GM obviously wants to know so it can all be passed down to everyone at the dealership. I specifically asked him to make sure he drives the RDX in a way to find out if there is much turbo lag,
specifically just how smooth is the 2.0 turbo engine mated to the 10 speed trans. My "contact and friend" used to be a highly rated Acura Tech, so he knows what to look for. That really helps.

The RDX engine is basically the same engine in the Accord with 20 less hp. Motor Trend apparently gave the 2.0 turbo eng. and the trans a pretty glowing review on just how smooth and powerful that combination is. They loved the trans.
and the almost no notice of engine turbo lag. That's a good sign. After owning so many vehicles over the years....and knowing a little about Acura....I fully expect this eng/trans combo to be "as good as it gets." IMHO. Well see, since
my GM wants me to evaluate the new RDX when it hits his dealership. He also put my name on the only white/red A-Spec he ordered on the first round of orders. A second round has been ordered.

OH...and my contact told me yesterday that it was looking like arrival was more toward the end of June or the 1st week of July. But, I wouldn't make any bets in Vegas on that. Acura holds info as long as they can and keeps everyone
guessing...including the dealers that should know first. Of course....when "people know" at the dealership exactly what's going on the word gets out rather easily....and then the word spreads faster than Acura and Honda Motor Corp. wants
the info out.

I'm just anxious to check it all over and drive it. I'm also anxious to hear what my "friend" brings back from his Chicago trip. I will pass on any "news stuff" after he returns.
The following users liked this post:
birdonamission (05-03-2018)
Old 05-03-2018, 02:19 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,607 Likes on 967 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
One of my "contacts" at my Acura dealer is going to Chicago on May 20th to do the "ride and drive" to check out the '19 RDX. It's a day long seminar and "some time" on the track. I gave him some specific questions to ask
and he had some of his own. The GM obviously wants to know so it can all be passed down to everyone at the dealership. I specifically asked him to make sure he drives the RDX in a way to find out if there is much turbo lag,
specifically just how smooth is the 2.0 turbo engine mated to the 10 speed trans. My "contact and friend" used to be a highly rated Acura Tech, so he knows what to look for. That really helps.

The RDX engine is basically the same engine in the Accord with 20 less hp. Motor Trend apparently gave the 2.0 turbo eng. and the trans a pretty glowing review on just how smooth and powerful that combination is. They loved the trans.
and the almost no notice of engine turbo lag. That's a good sign. After owning so many vehicles over the years....and knowing a little about Acura....I fully expect this eng/trans combo to be "as good as it gets." IMHO. Well see, since
my GM wants me to evaluate the new RDX when it hits his dealership. He also put my name on the only white/red A-Spec he ordered on the first round of orders. A second round has been ordered.

OH...and my contact told me yesterday that it was looking like arrival was more toward the end of June or the 1st week of July. But, I wouldn't make any bets in Vegas on that. Acura holds info as long as they can and keeps everyone
guessing...including the dealers that should know first. Of course....when "people know" at the dealership exactly what's going on the word gets out rather easily....and then the word spreads faster than Acura and Honda Motor Corp. wants
the info out.

I'm just anxious to check it all over and drive it. I'm also anxious to hear what my "friend" brings back from his Chicago trip. I will pass on any "news stuff" after he returns.
Thanks for sharing! Great info.

Honestly, Acura is selling the 2018 RDX like hot cakes. I am sure their goal is to empty the inventory then bring the 2019. At least in Canada, the 2018 RDX is priced extremely well ($54K) for a fully loaded model. Once their inventory goes down, they will release 2019 pricing and official release date. If I am not mistaken, Acura is very confident with the 2019 model. They know with all the options and bells and whistles, it will be cheaper than the German competitors. People love the RDX. It's not too big or small...has great options and priced well.
Old 05-03-2018, 04:34 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My dealer called yesterday to confirm my interest; then I stopped by to talk with my salesman, they have 10 2019 Rdx on order and he gave me the list with colors ordered-7 are Tech, 2 are Advance and one A-Spec. no pricing yet, they are expecting to have one the ned of this month.
Old 05-03-2018, 04:57 PM
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 135 Posts
Originally Posted by DACAR
My dealer called yesterday to confirm my interest; then I stopped by to talk with my salesman, they have 10 2019 Rdx on order and he gave me the list with colors ordered-7 are Tech, 2 are Advance and one A-Spec. no pricing yet, they are expecting to have one the ned of this month.
Hmmm...lnteresting, in terms of their allocation. I've always heard the higher trims (Advance and A-Spec, in the RDX's case) would be the most in demand (allegedly because people buying cars in the premium / luxury segment probably can afford and would want all the bells and whistles). Then again, "high demand, low supply" is actually a marketing strategy...lol.
Old 05-03-2018, 05:46 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Keep in mind most people can't afford the new cars they drive. They're status symbols. Plenty of people don't give a shit if it's a 328 or a 340... They just care it's a BMW.

Many people also don't like to spend money on cars, more than they have to. But no one wants the absolute shittiest model either. In fact, it's the middle of the range equipped cars that generally sell best, with absolute base and absolute loaded being at the lower ends of the bell curve.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:37 PM
Pro

You’re probably right. Me, though...my last three cars were in the maxed out trims because some key equipment I wanted were just not available otherwise. Definitely had nothing to go with the “status symbol” or “look-at-me” factor.

I figured if I could afford it and the other parts of my life (sorry - sounds so dramatic...lol) aren’t found wanting I was OK spending the money. I could’ve gone for a way more expensive Lexus, BMW, Benz, et al, but just dIdn’t feel the need to.

I personally wouldn’t get a base BMW just because it says BMW (eye-roll...lol) as nice as they probably already are with no options. But I do understand there are lots of people out there who don’t care about the extras but like the label based on good personal prior experience or reputation of the brand.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:45 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by TacoBello
Keep in mind most people can't afford the new cars they drive. They're status symbols. Plenty of people don't give a shit if it's a 328 or a 340... They just care it's a BMW.

Many people also don't like to spend money on cars, more than they have to. But no one wants the absolute shittiest model either. In fact, it's the middle of the range equipped cars that generally sell best, with absolute base and absolute loaded being at the lower ends of the bell curve.

"plenty of people, and many people" but not everyone.

People I know don't care about 'how much a month'. That is not to say that at a car dealership, when I am asked asked 'how much a month?' and I say 'that is irrelevant', I get looks from the salesman who is still trying to figure out the 'four square' approach.

I get offers to give me money to test drive, and to attend driving events; being a retired guy with time on my hands, and someone my friends ask about cars, I keep current. I got one from a Hyundai dealer. So I examined a Genesis G80. The fumbling Hyundai sales guy was still at his 'four square', and the GSM came over. So, what do you think? He said after the test drive. It needs to lose 800 pounds, I said, if it wants to compete with my BMW 5. Yeah, he said, we are workng on that.

The salesman didn't have a clue what we were talking about, but the GSM did. If they get there, I am a customer.

To replace my wife's Accord, it looks like the Accord 2.0 Touring, or the RDX. So far, I am liking the RDX.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:38 PM
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Madd Dog

To replace my wife's Accord, it looks like the Accord 2.0 Touring, or the RDX. So far, I am liking the RDX.
It hard for me to imagine getting another sedan again now that crossovers have upped their performance. Unless your primary concern is MPG then a crossover like the RDX seems like it provides a lot more utility and value. For example, the BMW 330i is similar in performance to the new RDX, yet it limited in usefulness.
Old 05-04-2018, 04:08 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by 19RDX
It hard for me to imagine getting another sedan again now that crossovers have upped their performance. Unless your primary concern is MPG then a crossover like the RDX seems like it provides a lot more utility and value. For example, the BMW 330i is similar in performance to the new RDX, yet it limited in usefulness.
As I said, I'm retired, and 'usefulness' has a different meaning.

We are actually betwixt and between choices of an SUV and sedan. While we both retired, we gave the CR-V to our daughter, sold the Accord we had given her previously (why didn't I have her parents when I was growing up?) and bought my wife an Accord. We generally prefer sedans for the ride and how they drive compared to an SUV. This new RDX seems to have the stuff to make the ride better. A longer wheelbase, a stiffer body, etc., If getting in and out of the RDX is easier than the Accord, and I expect it will be, and the RDX rides and drives more like a sedan than prior SUVs, and I expect it will, then we will likely go with an RDX. If not, we would replace her Accord with a new Accord, either the EX-L or Touring depending on whether the Touring's larger wheels and thinner sidewalls on the tires feel like a problem.
19RDX (05-04-2018)
Old 05-04-2018, 05:07 PM
There are four lights!

Received 215 Likes on 124 Posts
I had an X3 with adaptive dampers and it felt more like driving a sedan than a CUV. If Acura can mimic the same ride, I'd think I'd be pretty happy with the RDX.
Old 05-05-2018, 09:06 AM
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 28 Posts
Release date of 2019 RDX

Came to this thread to see if the news others share about the release date matches what I’ve heard. It’s the same...dealer said mid June. Although we’ve been watching the RDX with great interest, there are a couple other vehicles were considering as well. I ran across an article in Automotive news on Acura’s promotional sale of the RDX which I thought I’d share. If it’s been shared on another thread...my apologies for duplicating it. Some might find it interesting...

Except from article:

Speaking after Acura's make meeting, Ikeda described the dealer mood in Las Vegas as optimistic. He said the brand discussed how it wants to work with dealers to increase profitability.

Ikeda thinks the marketing around the critical RDX will need an emotional touch.

"This car has so many best-in-class features. Panoramic sunroof, 16-way adjustable seats. We told dealers when we market this thing, you're going to see all of these features come through," Ikeda told Automotive News. "This is the first new car in a while. We don't have to just talk about value and deals.We can sell this from an emotional perspective."

http://www.autonews.com/article/2018...-among-dealers
Old 05-05-2018, 09:35 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by TxLady
Came to this thread to see if the news others share about the release date matches what I’ve heard. It’s the same...dealer said mid June. Although we’ve been watching the RDX with great interest, there are a couple other vehicles were considering as well. I ran across an article in Automotive news on Acura’s promotional sale of the RDX which I thought I’d share. If it’s been shared on another thread...my apologies for duplicating it. Some might find it interesting...

Except from article:

Speaking after Acura's make meeting, Ikeda described the dealer mood in Las Vegas as optimistic. He said the brand discussed how it wants to work with dealers to increase profitability.

Ikeda thinks the marketing around the critical RDX will need an emotional touch.

"This car has so many best-in-class features. Panoramic sunroof, 16-way adjustable seats. We told dealers when we market this thing, you're going to see all of these features come through," Ikeda told Automotive News. "This is the first new car in a while. We don't have to just talk about value and deals.We can sell this from an emotional perspective."

What other cars are you considering?

I was very interested in the Volvo XC60 until I sat in one at the Auto Show.
Old 05-05-2018, 09:52 AM
Advanced

Except from article:

In other words, "We can wring more money out of buyers because they really want it."
Old 05-05-2018, 10:41 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by 19RDX
In other words, "We can wring more money out of buyers because they really want it."

Which is what business is all about.

One can get a great deal on a Hyundai Sonata.
Old 05-05-2018, 10:56 AM
Hello World

Exactly.

And do you prefer to buy a car from a manufacturer in good financial health, with millions in the bank account to produce cool/innovative new cars or one with no margin for R&D / innovation, or worst one on the verge of bankruptcy (i.e. Tesla)? Making profits is not bad!!!
Old 05-05-2018, 11:05 AM
Advanced

Which is what business is all about.

One can get a great deal on a Hyundai Sonata.
I'm not knocking it but having a MBA myself I see through the code words marketers use.
Old 05-05-2018, 11:54 AM
Hello World

Thumbs up

Ok I get that you know numbers LOL

I misunderstood what you meant. Sorry about that.

I understand now what you meant. Yeah they know it's a good product and we will have to pay what they ask if we want one.

Last edited by ultramart; 05-05-2018 at 12:01 PM.
19RDX (05-05-2018)
Old 05-05-2018, 04:33 PM
Advanced

As I said, I'm retired, and 'usefulness' has a different meaning.

We are actually betwixt and between choices of an SUV and sedan. While we both retired, we gave the CR-V to our daughter, sold the Accord we had given her previously (why didn't I have her parents when I was growing up?) and bought my wife an Accord. We generally prefer sedans for the ride and how they drive compared to an SUV. This new RDX seems to have the stuff to make the ride better. A longer wheelbase, a stiffer body, etc., If getting in and out of the RDX is easier than the Accord, and I expect it will be, and the RDX rides and drives more like a sedan than prior SUVs, and I expect it will, then we will likely go with an RDX. If not, we would replace her Accord with a new Accord, either the EX-L or Touring depending on whether the Touring's larger wheels and thinner sidewalls on the tires feel like a problem.
Out of curiosity, I priced a fully loaded Accord EX-L 2.0T with Nav and it came out to $34k. That's with some of the features of the Touring (wireless charging, parking sensors). If Honda would make SH-AWD available it would make the Accord very tempting.
Old 05-05-2018, 05:29 PM
Instructor

Along with the 2019 RDX, I’ve been looking at Audi Q5 ( best technology I’ve seen so far); and BMW X3. It’s not a status thing, but an appreciation for quality. I currently drive a 2004 TL which I bought new after a car rear ended me at 60 mph on IH 35 when I was at a complete stop, knocking me into the vehicle stopped in front of me, knocking the motor off the motor mount and to the ground. Totaled his car, compressed mine (a 2002 TL) and the only thing left workable was the drivers door, which I opened and stepped out of without a scratch. History pushes me towards safety as a priority so I will do more research on those numbers, but whatever I end up getting, I hope to keep it for a while.
The following 2 users liked this post by TxLady:
birdonamission (05-05-2018), GW208 (05-05-2018)
Old 05-08-2018, 05:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 562 Likes on 358 Posts

Someone posted this on Reddit, looks like dealers are starting to get Demo models.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Acura/comme...ning_surprise/
The following 11 users liked this post by Curious3GTL:
a35tl (05-08-2018), birdonamission (05-08-2018), GW208 (05-09-2018), HotRodW (05-08-2018), Madd Dog (05-08-2018), MrJames (05-08-2018), Rocket_man (05-11-2018), SK1124 (05-09-2018), Tony Pac (05-13-2018), TxLady (05-08-2018), ZipSpeed (05-09-2018) and 6 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-08-2018, 06:32 PM
Instructor

I’m really confused as to why we haven’t seen road tests critiques yet. Especially if the dealers now have them. Listening to a car show radio broadcast three weeks ago, one of the anchormen recommended the 2019 RDX and said it was really fun to drive. So apparently, he had a test drive? He wouldn’t say much else except it had a real sporty feel. (The 2018 BMW X3 had road tests on you tube a couple months before they hit the dealerships).

Last edited by TxLady; 05-08-2018 at 06:35 PM.
Old 05-08-2018, 07:17 PM
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts
I’m really confused as to why we haven’t seen road tests critiques yet. Especially if the dealers now have them. Listening to a car show radio broadcast three weeks ago, one of the anchormen recommended the 2019 RDX and said it was really fun to drive. So apparently, he had a test drive? He wouldn’t say much else except it had a real sporty feel. (The 2018 BMW X3 had road tests on you tube a couple months before they hit the dealerships).
Alex (Alex on Autos) mentioned that he was going to get RDX for review in first week of May. So may be there is embargo on publishing reviews / details. Acura would love positive press coverage right around when they announce the pricing and availability of the vehicle.
Old 05-08-2018, 07:23 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 895 Likes on 683 Posts
Originally Posted by alpha0
Alex (Alex on Autos) mentioned that he was going to get RDX for review in first week of May. So may be there is embargo on publishing reviews / details. Acura would love positive press coverage right around when they announce the pricing and availability of the vehicle.
Never knew about this but yes!!! Very excited! I love Alex’s reviews. Can’t wait.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:41 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Curious3GTL

Someone posted this on Reddit, looks like dealers are starting to get Demo models.

THIS is why I love Reddit (and finally signed up over there)...LOL.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:49 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Curious3GTL

Looks like the Advance model.

Wood trim.
Piping and stitching on the leather seats
HUD buttons
Heated steering wheel button
ELS 3D audio

Last edited by MrJames; 05-08-2018 at 08:51 PM.
Old 05-08-2018, 09:34 PM
Drifting

And I can see why they went to push buttons for the trans. The location of the touchpad would conflict with the stick. The push buttons open up that center area.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:43 AM
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
Ah! That picture makes me excited!!! Test drive reviews should be coming really soon!!!!
Old 05-09-2018, 11:30 AM
2013 RDX tech Amber

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
If that is the black interior sign me up! Love the off white stitching.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:35 PM
Instructor

I'm so excited to see this in person! If this can get 25-27 MPG combined it will be a home run. The accord gets around that but is smaller and lighter.
Old 05-09-2018, 03:20 PM
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

My dealer says End of May should be available
ZipSpeed (05-09-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 03:42 PM
There are four lights!

Received 215 Likes on 124 Posts
Good to see them on the road now. Seeing all those fingerprints and smudges on the piano black trim... ugh, one of the reasons I hate glossy surfaces. Going to be a pain to keep clean.
Old 05-09-2018, 04:02 PM
GTF
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Looks like the advance has equipment that I want, but I do prefer the exterior black trim (opposed to the chrome) and wheels on the A-Spec.
If contrasting piping in used on interior, it needs to be perfectly aligned...appears from dark interior photos that may not be the case.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:03 PM
Instructor

A dealer in Arizona got one and added some photos on their site. No price or any info. Not too crazy about the wheels for the Advance model.

https://www.acuranorthscottsdale.com...tc2h77kl000601

Quick Reply: Any idea when the 2019s will hit the dealerships?