Any Dallas area meets? - July 22 (Thread Retired)

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005 | 01:05 PM
G
Bitten.

Originally Posted by trancemission
nice pic grayson!!
Thanks guys. She really is awesome-smart, sexy, B-E-A-UTIFULL, and young (she's 20). Can't wait till she comes over!
Old 07-01-2005 | 01:27 PM
The wood god

45$ dunno man, might buy some C2's tonite i'll be broke!
Old 07-01-2005 | 01:30 PM
ITS ALL ABOUT THE GLOW

go going grayson does she have any sisters or friends
Old 07-01-2005 | 01:42 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Originally Posted by shalinz
hey guys. I haven't been really on the last few days. I lost my job a few days ago. So I have been kinda out of it. Luckily though with the contacts that I have, I have an interview lined up for Tuesday, so I hope everything goes good with it.

The good thing about this new job if I get it, would actually end of being an increase in pay, so at least there is something to kinda look forward to.
Holy Shit Shalin!! Im sorry bro. What the hell happened?
Old 07-01-2005 | 02:07 PM
G
Bitten.

Originally Posted by Blades
go going grayson does she have any sisters or friends
She's got a little brother
Old 07-01-2005 | 02:08 PM
G
Bitten.

I just realized that 15000 posts will get us to 600 pages.
Old 07-01-2005 | 02:13 PM
Racer

Thanks, guys. Basically our whole group got laid off. Remeber how I was telling you guys how slow we were after they outsourced a lot of our stuff? Well they tried to bring more stuff to us and it fell through, so the only option was to cut our whole group. This happened on Wednesday. So I started calling people and got a interview lined up that will more than likely pay a whole more than my last job. If I get it, I will start next week on Thursday or Friday.

It will pay anywhere between $25 - $35 an hour and will require travelling as well. My cousin hooked me up with the interview, so I hope I get this one. If not there are a few more jobs that I may be able to get also.
Old 07-01-2005 | 02:17 PM
A clean ride is in

Thanks, guys. Basically our whole group got laid off. Remeber how I was telling you guys how slow we were after they outsourced a lot of our stuff? Well they tried to bring more stuff to us and it fell through, so the only option was to cut our whole group. This happened on Wednesday. So I started calling people and got a interview lined up that will more than likely pay a whole more than my last job. If I get it, I will start next week on Thursday or Friday.

It will pay anywhere between $25 - $35 an hour and will require travelling as well. My cousin hooked me up with the interview, so I hope I get this one. If not there are a few more jobs that I may be able to get also.
That sounds like a great job!!
Old 07-01-2005 | 02:25 PM
Racer

It sounds like it! If I get it, then I would be doing desktop support for a small oil company. They have 2 floors at the Crescant Building in downtown. I would also work a little bit on the servers their too.

The best part about the whole thing is, if I get the job, then I report to my cousin. So I know that I won't have to put up with a lot of BS.
Old 07-01-2005 | 03:20 PM
G
Bitten.

It sounds like it! If I get it, then I would be doing desktop support for a small oil company. They have 2 floors at the Crescant Building in downtown. I would also work a little bit on the servers their too.

The best part about the whole thing is, if I get the job, then I report to my cousin. So I know that I won't have to put up with a lot of BS.
If you are close with your family, and you get along, then I say that is the nest job you can ever have!

I work for our family business and would never work for anybody else, well, unless the other job paid more than I could imagine, but, you get the idea.

Hope all goes well!
Old 07-01-2005 | 03:24 PM
Racer

I know what you mean. Yea my Cousin in younger than me, but we get along with no problems. Now I just got to make sure I do good on the interview with his boss.

Thanks for all the support guys!
Old 07-01-2005 | 03:31 PM
Beware of leakage

Grayson, cute chick. You and Sam look well also.

Sha, best of luck with the interview
Old 07-01-2005 | 03:36 PM
Beware of leakage

Originally Posted by ATXCLS
Damn straight!!

So, do y'all have any others looking in to coming out to Austin??

I think that there is a little chiquita who is looking for a meet in Austin.

I'm going to start PM-ing people from the other threads!

but you know I'm down

What I will need from you, is a meeting spot, address, and time. I Will be off work early that day, so I will be able to should be able to leave town by 2 p.m. which would put me in about 6:30-7 ish.
Old 07-01-2005 | 04:25 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

That sounds like great deal...
Old 07-01-2005 | 04:28 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Wow this thread is coming to an end very soon.....

So what do you guys think about the name for the new one? Wheres Mantis been? Is he gonna have the last post? We dont have much time.
Old 07-01-2005 | 04:51 PM
Drive FAst and Swirve

I know that by tomorrow this thread will be no more...So enjoyed y'all much and see ya in the new one
Old 07-01-2005 | 04:51 PM
Drifting

65 more posts! This is crazy!!! aw damn 64 now woo woo.
Old 07-01-2005 | 04:54 PM
Lead Footed

Well Guys and Gal . . . .

This has been a very interesting thread. It started out to get some Acura guys together and talk about cars . . . well, it seems that this thread has be hijacked!

It seems we've talked just about everything . . . and we've all been accepting and respectful of everyone.

I think that has been the main reason we've survived on this thread as long as we have. I look forward to having more meets of various kinds, but I do have my limits, but it won't change my being here.

Here's to the best overall thread on Acurazine ever!

Ruf
Old 07-01-2005 | 05:18 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

This thread is why I stayed on this site......hands down....

I must say that I have met alot of great people on this site and I am looking forward to future meets. Our new thread will hit 15000 in no time.
Old 07-01-2005 | 05:30 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Wow this thread is coming to an end very soon.....

So what do you guys think about the name for the new one? Wheres Mantis been? Is he gonna have the last post? We dont have much time.
Old 07-01-2005 | 05:37 PM
A clean ride is in

All right Mantis!!! Staying on top of things!! If any of you guys are going to FTW tonight, I'll see you at 8.0's. Funkee, I'll call you!!
Old 07-01-2005 | 06:08 PM
Beware of leakage

Choppers Final Thoughts

to the longest, largest ongoing thread in Acura-CL/TL/TSX.com / AcuraZine History.

Because of this thread:
I met Ruf, Mantits , Civic, ATXCLS, Funkeetown in real life, while coming to pic up various things in Dallas.

I left my Digital Camera at _____name that resteraunt/bar, and Mantis was awesome enought o go back and get it, and ship it back to me Which I still owe him a beer for

I will be coming to Dallas to attend another first of it's kind meet, the 'rave' meet, and finally meet some of the other Dallas area folks that are realtively new to the thread.

Have seen and talked about all kinds of good cars, and overall good stories, yet some tragic.
Overall I think the people here are great, and people from all over have visited this thread, even as to say they had a part in this historic thread.
We now go onto a new voyage with the start of the new "dallas" thread.
To everyone who posts regularly here, it's been an honor to share it with you guys, and I'll see you on the other side.

- Andy AKA 'Chops'

Last edited by Chopper; 07-01-2005 at 06:10 PM.
Old 07-01-2005 | 06:28 PM
Advanced

Sorry 'bout the gig, Shalinz. You will do great on Tuesday.
Old 07-01-2005 | 06:33 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by RUF87
The good news . . . my oldest boy was asked to play for the Texans Red soccer team. So my life and money will get sucked up in soccer . . . especially since my younger one is playing with the Texans Red North . . . so I will have a lot less spending money . . . but I'm real proud of their achievement, so I can't complain. Ruf
That is quite a feat (feet?). Congratulations to your sons. That is a very competitive team to make. You are right, all your time and money now go to soccer! Being a soccer guy myself, I have to say that I know enough to be impressed!!!
Old 07-01-2005 | 06:41 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by InfernoTLS
Sorry 'bout the gig, Shalinz. You will do great on Tuesday.
Thanks Inferno. Talking to my cousin, the other guy had his interview and it did not go that great. They guy kept interrupting my cousin's bass throughout the interview. He doesn't have as much expierience as me, so my cousin said that I have a pretty good chance. Just got to make sure to not interrupt him when he talks.
Old 07-01-2005 | 06:43 PM
The wood god

i'll be wherever the meet is austin is about 2 hours from me and dallas is about 3 i'd like to meet some people before moving to arizona (=
Old 07-01-2005 | 06:51 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Chopper
to the longest, largest ongoing thread in Acura-CL/TL/TSX.com / AcuraZine History.

Because of this thread:
I met Ruf, Mantits , Civic, ATXCLS, Funkeetown in real life, while coming to pic up various things in Dallas.

I left my Digital Camera at _____name that resteraunt/bar, and Mantis was awesome enought o go back and get it, and ship it back to me Which I still owe him a beer for

I will be coming to Dallas to attend another first of it's kind meet, the 'rave' meet, and finally meet some of the other Dallas area folks that are realtively new to the thread.

Have seen and talked about all kinds of good cars, and overall good stories, yet some tragic.
Overall I think the people here are great, and people from all over have visited this thread, even as to say they had a part in this historic thread.
We now go onto a new voyage with the start of the new "dallas" thread.
To everyone who posts regularly here, it's been an honor to share it with you guys, and I'll see you on the other side.

- Andy AKA 'Chops'

Nice post.
Old 07-01-2005 | 06:57 PM
Advanced

I don't like this thread ending but I guess I just feel comfortable here. Like anything goes and folks will be supportive. I miss all the trips we took to the dyno shops and the 1/4 strip, however. That was pretty damn fun! Lots of talk, bragging rights, and pictures! Best of times for me.
Old 07-01-2005 | 07:10 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Originally Posted by mantis23
ahh there you are....lookin forward to reading your thoughts on this thread.
Old 07-01-2005 | 07:16 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Nice post Andy

I think this meet is going to be a great start to our new dallas thread. Im thinking my first post in our new thread outta be my 1000th.
Old 07-01-2005 | 07:26 PM
Advanced

Less than fifty posts left in this thread...
Old 07-01-2005 | 07:56 PM
ITS ALL ABOUT THE GLOW

Ok Folks, What can i say about this thread. Didnt really start blowing it up until the end. The funny thing is i use to make FUN of Andy for posting so damn much in this thread. Now look at me Got to meet a ouple of people ATXCLS and FUNKEETOWN in real life. Looks like i will be meeting you all pretty soon in Dallas for the ... Ruf the car GOD learned alot and hopefully you will be able to drive my CL-S and see what quarter mile times you can get O yea THE BEER IS ON THE SNAPS no questions asked
Old 07-01-2005 | 09:18 PM
Beware of leakage

I don't like this thread ending but I guess I just feel comfortable here. Like anything goes and folks will be supportive. I miss all the trips we took to the dyno shops and the 1/4 strip, however. That was pretty damn fun! Lots of talk, bragging rights, and pictures! Best of times for me.

And you will carry over onto the new thread Inferno, or I will hunt you down and make you show me your STi
Old 07-01-2005 | 10:39 PM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

been crazy busyi n classes... just dropping by to wish you guys a happy and safe 4th. don't blow off any figners!
Old 07-01-2005 | 10:51 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Hey guys. Its good to see some texans here. I just had the jet installed at my 30k check up. i took it to David Mc David. They were really cool and very helpful. They actually recommended that I do it.

^^^^^my first post in this thread...
Old 07-01-2005 | 11:01 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Welcome, and nice avatar lol
I am a Louisianan, but close enough to Tejas :P

^^^^the first response.....that was at page 397. and now look......700 posts in this thread with this one!!!!!!!!!thats it for me........see you on the other side...
Old 07-01-2005 | 11:36 PM
G
Bitten.

Well, I guess that it is time for my

Lets see, where to begin. Ahh yes, at the meet of which we cannot remember the restaurant name. Sareenah (ahhh, the lovely S, I got over her with the help of Andy-GQ) and I drove up that crappy rainny day to have lunch. That day I got to meet Chops, Chop's friend (sorry it has been a while!), Ruf, and Mantis-i'd say we had an awesome lunch besides the fact that it was pouring.
Anyways, after that, I was hooked-had many more meets and met many more people-Funkee, inferno, and drew just to mention a few.

I'd venture to say that, cars were conversed, ladies were loved, and the drinks were drank.

All in all, one hell of a ride, and it is just only now beginning!!

Here's to the retiring of this thread and the beginning of a new legend!
Old 07-01-2005 | 11:39 PM
G
Bitten.

I'm going to start PM-ing people from the other threads!

but you know I'm down

What I will need from you, is a meeting spot, address, and time. I Will be off work early that day, so I will be able to should be able to leave town by 2 p.m. which would put me in about 6:30-7 ish.
Well, if you are going to be driving all that way, I say that we should meet for drinks/food at 7-7:30 to give you some fudge time. I will pm you and we can work out the detials.
Old 07-01-2005 | 11:47 PM
Lead Footed

That is quite a feat (feet?). Congratulations to your sons. That is a very competitive team to make. You are right, all your time and money now go to soccer! Being a soccer guy myself, I have to say that I know enough to be impressed!!!
Thanks. We were quite surprised because he's been playing on a Plano Division II team, so he's jump straight to the top. The Texans Red team was Grand Champions of the Classic I division, so yes, quite the feet for this feat . . . and the coach only looked at him briefly before calling us. What was even more surprising is that we were just out for some skills with the big boys and I guess after taking a few of them, that was enough.

Anyway, we'll have at least 7-8 tournaments, with the first two this month alone. For just the older son! Three counting the younger.

At least August looks some what free . . other than the Qualifying Tournament in early August,

So let's figure out when we can do the Thermobloc meet.

Ruf
Old 07-01-2005 | 11:48 PM
Lead Footed

Originally Posted by civic4982
been crazy busyi n classes... just dropping by to wish you guys a happy and safe 4th. don't blow off any figners!
Glad you got to post before the thread get's locked . . .

Keep in touch and look for the new thread.

Ruf

Quick Reply: Any Dallas area meets? - July 22 (Thread Retired)