Technology Get the latest on technology, electronics and software…

T-mobile is starting 2 yr contracts starting next month...

Old 03-16-2006, 04:08 PM
A.K.A Comptechtype-S!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2001AudiS4
I got my Cingular phone last night. There was a error in the billing so I called up customer support, and they picked up in 30 seconds. Second time I have called (first was to order service) and both time they picked up immediately. With T-mobile I think they picked up in under 30 minutes only once. The woman was very nice, helpful, and helped me remedy the problem. Something t-mobile NEVER did. I was in areas today that my t-mobile phone would never work, and I had a coverage and it was crystal clear. It's only been one day and so far I can honestly say it's night and day. Tmobile offers plans with huge amounts of minutes, like the 3000 minute plan I had for $50. Only problem was it never worked. I am much happier now.
I guess its a good thing that i can try it for 14 days and send it back if it sucks.. If it doesnt work in my area i will just pick up some phones off of Ebay or something..
Old 03-17-2006, 10:43 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Slooo97CL
Yeah prices might seem high, but cingular mirrors verizon. Tmobile can give you more because they have limited coverage compared to the other major carriers. They make up for bad service with good plans. Cingular and Tmobile have some roaming agreements, but defiantely dont share networks. As a matter of fact Tmobile only uses one frequency band in the US, 1900mhz. Cingular uses a dual band gsm 850/1900. That is all.
actually, tmobile now has 850 also..
Old 03-21-2006, 01:14 PM
A.K.A Comptechtype-S!!

Originally Posted by JDBoogie
I guess its a good thing that i can try it for 14 days and send it back if it sucks.. If it doesnt work in my area i will just pick up some phones off of Ebay or something..
T-Mobile stunk it up pretty bad in my area (Just outside Austin TX).. There was basically 3 bars or less (mostly less) in my house. Reception was terrible and no service on the road I take to work. I had the phone for 4 days and had to call and have it canceled. I tried calling bimmer to see if a diff phone would work better, but got no answer and no call back from him for about a week running (still no call back). The t-mobile customer service rep gave me shit because she thought I was over the 2 week test period. I was pissed that the service started before the phone was even shipped, then was shipped with the slowest method possible. So by the time I got the phone, my 2 week test period was over.. Oh well, I guess I’ll give Verizon a shot.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:09 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by JDBoogie
T-Mobile stunk it up pretty bad in my area (Just outside Austin TX).. There was basically 3 bars or less (mostly less) in my house. Reception was terrible and no service on the road I take to work. I had the phone for 4 days and had to call and have it canceled. I tried calling bimmer to see if a diff phone would work better, but got no answer and no call back from him for about a week running (still no call back). The t-mobile customer service rep gave me shit because she thought I was over the 2 week test period. I was pissed that the service started before the phone was even shipped, then was shipped with the slowest method possible. So by the time I got the phone, my 2 week test period was over.. Oh well, I guess I’ll give Verizon a shot.
Sorry about the delay on returning your call. I posted in my thread I was going to be gone for a week because I was on vacation. Just getting back today. Couldn't make it back Saturday because something came up. It would normally of got to you in about 3 business days but it took you over a week to fax the forms back to me(couldn't ship out until i recieved the forms). Like i told you, i ship UPS ground for free. You have the option to pay extra to have it shipped 2nd day air or even overnight. Sorry it didn't work out for you. Just ship the phone back and we will credit you back for it.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:20 AM
A.K.A Comptechtype-S!!

Originally Posted by bimmer88
Sorry it didn't work out for you. Just ship the phone back and we will credit you back for it.
Its on its way.

For those of u looking to sign up with T-Mobile.. The Samsung T809 is a sweet phone! Its a slider phone with MP3 player, 1.3 mega pixel camera and t-flash card slot. When i was downtown in Austin (good reception) the phone worked like a champ. Im now looking at purchasing one of these phones to have unlocked and use with my Cingular service.

Only thing i didnt like about the phone was, the playlists for your MP3's only hold 30 songs but there are 4 or 5 of them and u can set the phone to random and have it skip around.

For new service and a $50 phone u cant beat this phone.

Peace!
Old 04-20-2006, 09:19 PM
Intermediate

i dont remember the last i had a tmobile branded phone. all my phones were from the hk or europe
Old 04-21-2006, 07:16 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Just thought I'd update on my situation. I have had Cingular now for over a month and the difference in service is night and day. I can now get through to customer service. I have not had any major issues that weren't resolved and best of all, my phone works in most places I work. I have even had it work in places where my company issued Verizon phone didn't, and that NEVER happened with tmobile, EVER. In conclusion, I am MUCH happier now with Cingular.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:42 PM
Houses Won't Depreciate?

^^ thats awesome. I am experiencing the same exact situation; just swap Cingular with T-Mobile in your sentences.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:41 PM
I

Received 58 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by zamo
^^ thats awesome. I am experiencing the same exact situation; just swap Cingular with T-Mobile in your sentences.

I've had Cinguarl, Verizon and T-Mobile, and T-Mobile has been the best